New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Spreebok
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1135 Posts

Posted - 25/01/2012 :  14:05:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So, I spotted poop in Cats tubs today, went to clean and on the other side of the tub was a regurged fluff. She was fed 2 fluffs on Friday, and from the looks of it, one was digested and pooped out, and the other was regurged. The mouse was still recognisable as a fluff, but very grey and icky looking, so I'm not sure when it was sicked up, but I don't know how I could have missed it when looking over, as it was pretty obvious.

Bit confused as to why, as they always get left until they poop in regards to handling, temps have been a steady 28 and there's nothing to stress her. She shed in the middle of last week. She happily takes 3 fluffs if there's leftovers, so I have no idea why two would have caused this. I'm gonna chalk it up to one of those things, treat it as a normal regurge, but if anyone has any suggestions as to why I'm open to them.

Also, I've grabbed some powerade for now until payday, do I just pop a few drops in her water when I change it or what?

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 25/01/2012 :  18:33:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm guessing its been too much food and been brought up quite quickly after swallowing it as its still recognisable. I would actually say clean it up and because the other mouse was digested just fine it wont have affected its stomach. Just cut down to 1 food item. As a precaution leave it 10 days before feeding again but if everything is exactly the same as before its probably just too much food.

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Harlequin Crested Gecko HARLEY
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Giant Asian Forest Scorpion, SALLY.
Giant African Land Snails, SHELDON & MICHELLE.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://www.youtube.com/user/alocheeky
Go to Top of Page

Spreebok
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1135 Posts

Posted - 25/01/2012 :  20:00:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh yeah, it was turfed out the second I spotted it, glad I have lost my sense of smell thanks to a cold! Hate to think it may have been there a couple of days, but hey ho.
And yeah, was gonna take her back down to 1 fluff for the next few feeds just to set her up again. I was in my local and they said that she may have still felt full from her 3 fluff feed 2 weeks ago, causing her to sick one up. Either way, she seems sparky, I'll certainly just chalk this down to eyes bigger than her stomach haha!
Go to Top of Page

Spreebok
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1135 Posts

Posted - 23/02/2012 :  12:24:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hmmm...
She had a 2 fluff feed on sunday, and this morning I found a regurge of about 1 and 1/2 fluffs. It wasn't there last night as I cleaned her out. She had done a large poop on tuesday, so I figured she was okay to handle, but the only handling was to pop her in a tub whilst cleaning and pop her back again after.

Back to 1 fluff feeds I think. I'm just puzzling over it, as she has 2 weeks between feeds, so plenty of time to digest what's in there, and due to her trouble at the moment, I haven't been handling for fun, only necessary...
Might crank the heating up a couple of degrees, see if that helps next time.
Go to Top of Page

marc_sg
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1504 Posts

Posted - 23/02/2012 :  17:15:00  Show Profile  Send marc_sg an AOL message  Reply with Quote
if it was me id give her 1 fluff every 7 days. instead of 2 every 2 weeks. or even 1 small every 2 weeks and she how she gets on.she will probably find it easier to digest the 1.

0.1.0 Amels (sid) 1.0.0 carolina stripe (simon)0.1.0 ghost (silva) 1.1.0 diffused/bloodreds (scarlet and samson)
1.0 staffy x beagle
soon to have female pin royal

R.I.P SHELLY
Go to Top of Page

Spreebok
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1135 Posts

Posted - 23/02/2012 :  17:36:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think she tends to digest a bit slower than the rest, so I'm cautious to feed her every week, incase it backs up and we get more regurging, but she'll definatly be going down to 1.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000