New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

stonecoldbabe000
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
47 Posts

Posted - 24/01/2012 :  21:16:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A couple of months ago I bought what I was told was a ghost female I thought she'd make a nice edition and I could breed her with my male anery however after comparing them it turned out she was a lot darker then my male so it turned she was an anery well the other day I decided I was going to put my male with her however as I was cleaning her out I came across something which now tells me she is actually he so the female ghost I bought has actually turned out to be a male anery lol

WannaCornSnakeTeen
Hatchling

United Kingdom
163 Posts

Posted - 24/01/2012 :  21:21:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by stonecoldbabe000

A couple of months ago I bought what I was told was a ghost female I thought she'd make a nice edition and I could breed her with my male anery however after comparing them it turned out she was a lot darker then my male so it turned she was an anery well the other day I decided I was going to put my male with her however as I was cleaning her out I came across something which now tells me she is actually he so the female ghost I bought has actually turned out to be a male anery lol

lols although i do feel sorry for you

Don't like it, shut up!

Corn Snake Power Point- https://skydrive.live.com/redir.aspx?cid=1f2dd1061fc5c411&resid=1F2DD1061FC5C411!124&parid=1F2DD1061FC5C411!117&authkey=!AFpK0dBmsJ_1da4

Help please http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=21981
Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 24/01/2012 :  21:24:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What do you mean 'put my male with her'? Are you trying to breed them? I'm guessing you found sperm plugs, only thing I can think of that you'd find. Have you had them probed?

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Harlequin Crested Gecko HARLEY
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Giant Asian Forest Scorpion, SALLY.
Giant African Land Snails, SHELDON & MICHELLE.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://www.youtube.com/user/alocheeky
Go to Top of Page

stonecoldbabe000
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
47 Posts

Posted - 24/01/2012 :  21:29:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Its ok its not a biggy lol I put my male in the same tray yes I did find sperm plugs it was sold to me as a female I found out my male was a male when he bred with one of my other snakes
Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 24/01/2012 :  21:44:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You probably want to get them probed, be sure what's what before you put them together, a sperm plug is pretty distinct but its always worth been sure for the few seconds it takes to probe them.

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

Go to Top of Page

CentricMalteser85
Banned Again

United Kingdom
131 Posts

Posted - 25/01/2012 :  00:06:32  Show Profile  Visit CentricMalteser85's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I went through a stage of believing both mine of mine were female,

but when they were young they were "popped" and nothing came of this

then when they got bigger had them probed (Bruge spunked on the guy lol) and found out they are two males, not the two females

they now live happily together with no issues
Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 25/01/2012 :  00:48:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Happily? Happy is a human emotion. They tolerate each other is as far as you can declare with any degree of certainty. Not going down the cohab debate route though, big enough thread on that already.

You need to be sure beyond reasonable doubt what sex your snakes are before even considering interacting them in any way.

Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Budwing Mantis, MAIA

Go to Top of Page

stonecoldbabe000
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
47 Posts

Posted - 25/01/2012 :  00:53:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Actually ive had corns for 6 years and the majority of them have cohabed and ive never had a problem
Go to Top of Page

sue2012
Hatchling

United Kingdom
391 Posts

Posted - 25/01/2012 :  05:28:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
sperm plug ok not herd of that and have keep corns for about 6 yers also lol so how do u know what they are ??????

1.0 Caroliner - Ozzy
1.0 caramel
Bloodred - Damon
0.1 sulfor - Stella
0.1 moonstone - letti
1.0 lavender - tazz
0.1 amber opal - salt
0.2 cats buffy & narla
Go to Top of Page

CentricMalteser85
Banned Again

United Kingdom
131 Posts

Posted - 25/01/2012 :  13:42:40  Show Profile  Visit CentricMalteser85's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I am beyond reasonable doubt, and new both were the same sex. And since I new this I could co-habit them.

You don't need to be padantic concerning the fact I used the term "happy". All animals also display emotions just so you know.

And I have NEVER had a feeding issue, shedding issue, regurge issue, fighting issues, etc with them. Even at this time of year for breeding they are NOT agressive

Neither do you need to start a debate, I was merely replying to the topic and posts in questions, not to justify cohabiting

quote:
Originally posted by lotabob

Happily? Happy is a human emotion. They tolerate each other is as far as you can declare with any degree of certainty. Not going down the cohab debate route though, big enough thread on that already.

You need to be sure beyond reasonable doubt what sex your snakes are before even considering interacting them in any way.

Go to Top of Page

a33272
our battery charger

United Kingdom
3063 Posts

Posted - 26/01/2012 :  10:39:28  Show Profile  Visit a33272's Homepage  Send a33272 an AOL message  Click to see a33272's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sue2012

sperm plug ok not herd of that and have keep corns for about 6 yers also lol so how do u know what they are ??????

sue google it an go to images an theres a few pics on there.

0.1.0 creamsicle corn-Marmalade
1.0.0 jungle carpet python-Bumble
1.0.0 corn Casper

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000