888 Reptiles own brand Viv
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Redshift Spec
Hatchling

379 Posts

Posted - 22/01/2012 :  16:09:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Has anyone had any experience with these? It doesn't say anything about a solid back on the website, is that important? I'm looking at these as opposed to a vivexotic as its 18" deep compared to 14" deep.

Frank (Amel Corn 1.0)
Felicity (Flick) (Normal Het Albino BCI 0.1)
Jack (Sunglow BCI 1.0)
Maisie (Hypo het Albino BCI 0.1)
Silver (Snow Corn 0.1)

CentricMalteser85
Banned Again

United Kingdom
131 Posts

Posted - 22/01/2012 :  18:56:18  Show Profile  Visit CentricMalteser85's Homepage  Reply with Quote
depends on the vivexotic you buy, because I think it's the LX36 which are 36 inch leangth and 14 inch depth

but if you get the VX36, that gives you the 18inch depth

I used a website called

www.justvivariums.co.uk

as I find these the cheapest to buy from
Go to Top of Page

Redshift Spec
Hatchling

379 Posts

Posted - 22/01/2012 :  19:40:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you Malteaser

Frank (Amel Corn 1.0)
Jack (Sunglow BCI 1.0)
Silver (Snow Corn 0.1)
Go to Top of Page

kdlang
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3556 Posts

Posted - 22/01/2012 :  20:17:51  Show Profile  Click to see kdlang's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Seapets is cheaper

http://www.seapets.co.uk/products/reptile-supplies/reptile-terrariums/vivexotic-vivariums/

4.1.0 corns - Izzy (Carolina) Alice (Amel) Peanut (Butter Motley) Swayze (Ghost) Carmellia (Butter Motley)
0.1.0 cat - Kizzy
1.0.0 Dog - Dobbie
Location - Chesterfield, Derbyshire

www.support-dogs.org.uk
Go to Top of Page

smart bunny
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5091 Posts

Posted - 22/01/2012 :  20:33:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've been following you around on your viv posts Redshift! Corno (5 months in a small faun) looks to be outgrowing her faun now but I can't decide what to go for next! I'm tempted just to go for a 3ft and put loads of hides in but was a bit nervous when people posted on your other thread about small snakes squeezing through the glass doors .

The vivexotic LX are not as deep/high as the VX, if you were wanting a bigger one. (both come in the 3ft width though). I've been looking at vivs all evening and still don't know what to go for lol!

I don't really want to buy a 2ft only to have to get a 3ft one later if I can avoid it...

Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 22/01/2012 :  20:54:48  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
You only need a solid back if you intend to stack vivs otherwise if you get a none solid back and put other vivs ontop, it may not take the weight as great. Bearing in mind vivs that are wider and generally higher.

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page

Redshift Spec
Hatchling

379 Posts

Posted - 22/01/2012 :  21:35:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've had to downsize my plans to a 2 foot as I asked my lady to measure the gap where the viv will go and she said 3 foot 6 inches... Perfect. I measured myself today and it was 36"...... So a 2 foot for me. I'm going to go for the 24vx and put divider in. As for the gaps in the glass I'm thinking of using some aquarium sealant and basically drawing a line with it down one of the pains of glass to act like a draft excluder.

Staple, I want stacking to be a possibility. I've been told 'NO MORE SNAKES' but I'm sure if i snuck off to a reptile shop and appeared with another one I could handle the argument that would ensue ;)

Frank (Amel Corn 1.0)
Jack (Sunglow BCI 1.0)
Silver (Snow Corn 0.1)
Go to Top of Page

Redshift Spec
Hatchling

379 Posts

Posted - 22/01/2012 :  21:41:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As for outgrowing it would be 24"x 18" so should keep him happy till he is 3 1/5 foot, at that point I'll have to start some radical thinking as I live in a house share and can only keep him in my bed room..... Might get one of those habitrail thingies (http://www.habitrail.com/ovo/eng/index.php)... I'm kidding but I have had an awesome idea!

Frank (Amel Corn 1.0)
Jack (Sunglow BCI 1.0)
Silver (Snow Corn 0.1)
Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 22/01/2012 :  22:19:23  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
36 inches is 3ft bang on... vivs measurements are for the outside size not the inside or at least viv exotic do.

Go to Top of Page

Redshift Spec
Hatchling

379 Posts

Posted - 22/01/2012 :  22:29:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There would be no room for cables and it would be a very very tight fit, the walls are uneven so it would be a mission (I can't alter the room in any way as itself a lodger)

Frank (Amel Corn 1.0)
Jack (Sunglow BCI 1.0)
Silver (Snow Corn 0.1)
Go to Top of Page

CentricMalteser85
Banned Again

United Kingdom
131 Posts

Posted - 23/01/2012 :  00:51:39  Show Profile  Visit CentricMalteser85's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I found my 1ft 5inch corn growing quite quickly especially since everytime he shed every month he grew beterrn 3 and 5 inches and now measures just shy of 4ft and this is over a year.

I actually wish I gotten a 3ft viv straight away instead of a 2ft viv.

A 3ft viv will allow for a 4ft 6 inch corn, and I know many keepers keep their 5ft and 6fts in there

I won't though, I would then get a 4ft, but it will take a long time from 4ft to a 6ft, as this is their adult stage and growth slows down

Responses to another member, seapets are more expensive as just checked.

here are the links

http://www.seapets.co.uk/products/reptile-supplies/reptile-terrariums/vivexotic-vivariums/vivexotic-vivariums-vx-models/vivexotic-vx-36-vivarium-winchester-oak-91-5x47x52-5cm.html

http://www.justvivariums.co.uk/corn-snakes/vivexotic-vx36-wooden-vivarium-walnut#v_1651

quote:
Originally posted by kdlang

Seapets is cheaper

http://www.seapets.co.uk/products/reptile-supplies/reptile-terrariums/vivexotic-vivariums/

Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 23/01/2012 :  07:45:33  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
None one here unless they cohab their snakes keep their snakes in 5ft vivs, certainly not 6ff as that is a total waist of space for a single cornsnake, and 3ft viv is perfectly fine for a 5ft corn.

Go to Top of Page

kdlang
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3556 Posts

Posted - 23/01/2012 :  10:12:35  Show Profile  Click to see kdlang's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
VX24 is cheaper at seapets. VX36 is cheaper at justvivs but unfortunately out of stock.

quote:
Originally posted by CentricMalteser85

I found my 1ft 5inch corn growing quite quickly especially since everytime he shed every month he grew beterrn 3 and 5 inches and now measures just shy of 4ft and this is over a year.

I actually wish I gotten a 3ft viv straight away instead of a 2ft viv.

A 3ft viv will allow for a 4ft 6 inch corn, and I know many keepers keep their 5ft and 6fts in there

I won't though, I would then get a 4ft, but it will take a long time from 4ft to a 6ft, as this is their adult stage and growth slows down

Responses to another member, seapets are more expensive as just checked.

here are the links

http://www.seapets.co.uk/products/reptile-supplies/reptile-terrariums/vivexotic-vivariums/vivexotic-vivariums-vx-models/vivexotic-vx-36-vivarium-winchester-oak-91-5x47x52-5cm.html

http://www.justvivariums.co.uk/corn-snakes/vivexotic-vx36-wooden-vivarium-walnut#v_1651

quote:
Originally posted by kdlang

Seapets is cheaper

4.1.0 corns - Izzy (Carolina) Alice (Amel) Peanut (Butter Motley) Swayze (Ghost) Carmellia (Butter Motley)
0.1.0 cat - Kizzy
1.0.0 Dog - Dobbie
Location - Chesterfield, Derbyshire

www.support-dogs.org.uk
Go to Top of Page

CentricMalteser85
Banned Again

United Kingdom
131 Posts

Posted - 23/01/2012 :  18:00:17  Show Profile  Visit CentricMalteser85's Homepage  Reply with Quote
the beech vx36 is out of stock

but the walnut one is in stock, it's the cabinets that are out of stock

all depends what you looking for, but presumably we were looking at possibly 2ft and 3ft, so we both right lol
Go to Top of Page

Redshift Spec
Hatchling

379 Posts

Posted - 24/01/2012 :  16:18:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ordered my viv from sea pets with express delivery, just been told its out of stock and won't be in for a week.... Bum!

Frank (Amel Corn 1.0)
Jack (Sunglow BCI 1.0)
Silver (Snow Corn 0.1)
Go to Top of Page

smart bunny
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5091 Posts

Posted - 24/01/2012 :  16:38:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I had a look at the 888 ones today - I absolutely love the design (top-opening) but really want one deeper than 8 inches It's such a shame as I think they are gorgeous vivs, but Corno just loves exploring and is always climbing to the top of her Faun, which is almost 8inches as it is.

Reckon I'll probably end up with a vivexotic too! Sorry to hear it's out of stock Redshift!

Go to Top of Page

Redshift Spec
Hatchling

379 Posts

Posted - 24/01/2012 :  17:31:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I decided to call them back to cancel my order an they magically found one in stock so will arrive Thursday :). I Agree Frank is a climber as sits in the lip at the top of his faun. So I've gotten some cool woods and a load of fake ivy etc from dunelm so I'm ready to rock

Frank (Amel Corn 1.0)
Jack (Sunglow BCI 1.0)
Silver (Snow Corn 0.1)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000