groovy snake
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

nickyff
Yearling

507 Posts

Posted - 21/01/2012 :  22:01:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i'm sorry if i'm fretting over nothing but can somebody pls let me know if this is 'normal' or possibly a sign of a problem ?- im still inside the first year of keeping snakes so still constantly reading but i've never seen this mentioned- (i'm hoping that's a good sign-)
punkin has a groove along his back- some days you can see similar along his sides too. should i be worried? the girlies haven't got grooves, i have no idea what it is.
he also didn't want his dinner tonight. in fact he went right past the mouse and clambered out of the dinner-rub and wandered off, looking distinctly unimpressed.

help- whats going on? my snakey's as stroppy as a teen

and you thought there was no such thing as a stupid question....

1.2.0 corns: captain haddock, sharon the tiddler and Darling Debbie. plus 0.2.0 cali kings: spot and Numpty... not forgetting the delightful Miss Lovely-Gonzalez-La-Poop apricot pueblan milk snake, and we all miss the Lodger who thought he was a cobra....

nickyff
Yearling

507 Posts

Posted - 21/01/2012 :  22:02:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
oops- forgot to put the pic in- heres his groovy back-

1.2.0 corns: captain haddock, sharon the tiddler and Darling Debbie. plus 0.2.0 cali kings: spot and Numpty... not forgetting the delightful Miss Lovely-Gonzalez-La-Poop apricot pueblan milk snake, and we all miss the Lodger who thought he was a cobra....
Go to Top of Page

mikerichards
don't say the 'M' word!

United Kingdom
2901 Posts

Posted - 21/01/2012 :  23:02:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Its the dip between the muscles that run along the spine, a sign of a good healthy snake, nothing to worry about.

Go to Top of Page

nickyff
Yearling

507 Posts

Posted - 21/01/2012 :  23:24:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
phew- thanks for that- i've been reading about dehydration and powerade and such-

i know its stupid but but i don't know much yet, and i'd rather be embarrassingly neurotic than ignorantly hurting my snakeys

Go to Top of Page

CentricMalteser85
Banned Again

United Kingdom
131 Posts

Posted - 21/01/2012 :  23:44:59  Show Profile  Visit CentricMalteser85's Homepage  Reply with Quote
lol @ embarrassingly neurotic

although sometimes there is an obvious answer, it doesn't mean there is a stupid question, because there is not such thing
Go to Top of Page

marc_sg
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1504 Posts

Posted - 22/01/2012 :  00:39:58  Show Profile  Send marc_sg an AOL message  Reply with Quote
same as above better to be then sorry

0.1.0 Amels (sid) 1.0.0 carolina stripe (simon)0.1.0 ghost (silva) 1.1.0 diffused/bloodreds (scarlet and samson)
1.0 staffy x beagle
soon to have female pin royal

R.I.P SHELLY
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000