Heads up on spiders
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ScalySituation
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5292 Posts

Posted - 21/01/2012 :  19:42:38  Show Profile  Visit ScalySituation's Homepage  Click to see ScalySituation's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hi all

I know quite a few of you are into your tarantulas

I was looking online for random stuff and came across this beaut

I dont like spiders but i think this is GAWJUS :)

http://www.888reptiles.co.uk/productdetails.php?ProductID=1632&ProductGroupID=860

Scaly x

1.0.0 Butter motley corn (Sheldon)
0.1.0 Caramel Corn (Maggie)
0.1.0 Caramel motley corn (Echo)
1.0.0 Cat (Angus)
1 mealworm colony
RIP Skye x
Sleep well Sonny, Mummy loves you xx

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 21/01/2012 :  19:57:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree they are stunning. Not the most tame of T's but I have a OBT so cant really say it would put me off.

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Harlequin Crested Gecko HARLEY
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Giant Asian Forest Scorpion, SALLY.
Giant African Land Snails, SHELDON & MICHELLE.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://www.youtube.com/user/alocheeky
Go to Top of Page

ScalySituation
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5292 Posts

Posted - 21/01/2012 :  19:59:31  Show Profile  Visit ScalySituation's Homepage  Click to see ScalySituation's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
:D
hehe
i'm rlly not a fan of tarantulas but I thought they looked fab

1.0.0 Cat (Angus)
1 mealworm colony
RIP Skye x
Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 21/01/2012 :  20:15:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tarantulas grow on you, get yourself a little spiderling for a few quid and you'll soon be in love watching it grow lol.

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

Go to Top of Page

ScalySituation
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5292 Posts

Posted - 21/01/2012 :  20:17:59  Show Profile  Visit ScalySituation's Homepage  Click to see ScalySituation's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
i couldnt do that, mum wouldnt let me and i probs would care for it that well

1.0.0 Cat (Angus)
1 mealworm colony
RIP Skye x
Go to Top of Page

Spreebok
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1135 Posts

Posted - 21/01/2012 :  21:04:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My friend loves CBs, she used to have one! She wants to get one again, but for now has a Pink Toe
Go to Top of Page

nickyff
Yearling

507 Posts

Posted - 21/01/2012 :  22:51:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've had spiders in the back of my mind for years, but read once that they're really delicate. and that every time you handle them you risk breaking their legs- is this true? can't remember where i read it.....

and you thought there was no such thing as a stupid question....

1.2.0 corns: captain haddock, sharon the tiddler and Darling Debbie. plus 0.2.0 cali kings: spot and Numpty... not forgetting the delightful Miss Lovely-Gonzalez-La-Poop apricot pueblan milk snake, and we all miss the Lodger who thought he was a cobra....
Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 21/01/2012 :  23:44:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Spreebok

for now has a Pink Toe

You can get a cream for that.

Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Budwing Mantis, MAIA

Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 21/01/2012 :  23:50:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nickyff

I've had spiders in the back of my mind for years, but read once that they're really delicate. and that every time you handle them you risk breaking their legs- is this true? can't remember where i read it.....

No, not exactly. They are delicate but handling them should do them no harm, you cant restrain them or pick them up they do what they want to do and you just guide them. They can injure themselves fatally if they are dropped so you keep them low to the ground. I dont handle mine really but they are only small, one is handleable the other 2 are too skittish/aggressive. They are essentially display animals but a certain amount of handling/manipulation is required for cleaning and moving.

Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Budwing Mantis, MAIA

Go to Top of Page

nickyff
Yearling

507 Posts

Posted - 22/01/2012 :  00:58:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yeh- i remember reading about how dangerous a fall can be, too- I recall some horrific gory detail about their thoraxes splitting- eurch! (and poor spidey, too of course)

I think spiders in my house, (other than the bathroom variety,)- are likely to be an addition of the very very distant future, as all the animals that live here have to be prepared to be picked up by small jam- covered grubby people at a moments notice; and my 'only with a grown-up next to you' rule can become a pain in the neck when you've got a hundred and one other things to be getting on with ...

and you thought there was no such thing as a stupid question....

1.2.0 corns: captain haddock, sharon the tiddler and Darling Debbie. plus 0.2.0 cali kings: spot and Numpty... not forgetting the delightful Miss Lovely-Gonzalez-La-Poop apricot pueblan milk snake, and we all miss the Lodger who thought he was a cobra....
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000