Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6

ScalySituation
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5292 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2012 :  10:24:40  Show Profile  Visit ScalySituation's Homepage  Click to see ScalySituation's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
its 3hrs there lol, we're gonna spend a coupla nites in the area as well :)

1.0.0 Butter motley corn (Sheldon)
0.1.0 Caramel Corn (Maggie)
0.1.0 Caramel motley corn (Echo)
1.0.0 Cat (Angus)
1 mealworm colony
RIP Skye x
Sleep well Sonny, Mummy loves you xx
Go to Top of Page

coxymk2
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1245 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2012 :  10:49:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not so bad then as for 3hrs thats pushing it. Got family in trowbridge and have driven it a lot of times and i am no snail lol

0.0.1 ANERY (Liquorice)
0.0.1 CAROLINA (Bangle)
0.0.1 AMEL (Boozer)
Go to Top of Page

mkmattyk
banned

United Kingdom
837 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2012 :  15:42:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
im thinking of booking the premier inn near there night before so i can get in the que nearly. only live in leeds so not so bad, but last year got there for 8am and there was a massive que so im getting there EARLY!!! lol

Edited by - mkmattyk on 03/05/2012 15:45:09
Go to Top of Page

ScalySituation
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5292 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2012 :  19:14:17  Show Profile  Visit ScalySituation's Homepage  Click to see ScalySituation's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
are we going with the tshirt idea?

1.0.0 Cat (Angus)
1 mealworm colony
RIP Skye x
Go to Top of Page

mkmattyk
banned

United Kingdom
837 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2012 :  20:01:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Im up for it theres a tshirt place in whiterose near me thats pretty cheap ill get one there
Go to Top of Page

ScalySituation
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5292 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2012 :  20:03:21  Show Profile  Visit ScalySituation's Homepage  Click to see ScalySituation's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
i'll just make mine myself :P

1.0.0 Cat (Angus)
1 mealworm colony
RIP Skye x
Go to Top of Page

dam
Egg

66 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2012 :  11:30:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
well im going in september with the OH so will don a tshirt and then start looking for my wish list whilst there. Will there be a meet up this year?
Go to Top of Page

ScalySituation
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5292 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2012 :  12:25:39  Show Profile  Visit ScalySituation's Homepage  Click to see ScalySituation's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
we should just make a sign and assign ourselves our own little corner :)

1.0.0 Cat (Angus)
1 mealworm colony
RIP Skye x
Go to Top of Page

Mnementh
Yearling

United Kingdom
537 Posts

Posted - 14/06/2012 :  01:17:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'll be going to this Sunday's meet :)

Went to both last year , so how the funds are for September :)

One last jump , that's all we have to take Holth .
Wearily the old queen gathered heself to spring ;
Moreta gratefully began her litany .
Black , blacker , blackest -
They went between .
Go to Top of Page

a33272
our battery charger

United Kingdom
3063 Posts

Posted - 14/06/2012 :  08:40:38  Show Profile  Visit a33272's Homepage  Send a33272 an AOL message  Click to see a33272's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Wouldn't hold ya breath on buying anything there.

0.1.0 creamsicle corn-Marmalade
1.0.0 jungle carpet python-Bumble
1.0.0 corn Casper

Go to Top of Page

kdlang
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3556 Posts

Posted - 14/06/2012 :  10:05:25  Show Profile  Click to see kdlang's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Yeah I'v heard they are banning the sale of reps there but can't find much about it other than whats on the APA website

4.1.0 corns - Izzy (Carolina) Alice (Amel) Peanut (Butter Motley) Swayze (Ghost) Carmellia (Butter Motley)
0.1.0 cat - Kizzy
1.0.0 Dog - Dobbie
Location - Chesterfield, Derbyshire

www.support-dogs.org.uk
Go to Top of Page

a33272
our battery charger

United Kingdom
3063 Posts

Posted - 14/06/2012 :  10:09:03  Show Profile  Visit a33272's Homepage  Send a33272 an AOL message  Click to see a33272's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
There's nothing yet on ihs site also looked on doncaster council site an nothing there, but with fact 2 shows have been canceled this year already due to apa its coming. There's threads about this on various groups an forums already.

1.0.0 corn Casper

Go to Top of Page

kdlang
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3556 Posts

Posted - 14/06/2012 :  10:18:01  Show Profile  Click to see kdlang's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Well I'v just been on the Dome's website and can't find anything about the show on there. Iv emailed Doncaster Council.

4.1.0 corns - Izzy (Carolina) Alice (Amel) Peanut (Butter Motley) Swayze (Ghost) Carmellia (Butter Motley)
0.1.0 cat - Kizzy
1.0.0 Dog - Dobbie

www.support-dogs.org.uk
Go to Top of Page

a33272
our battery charger

United Kingdom
3063 Posts

Posted - 14/06/2012 :  10:30:02  Show Profile  Visit a33272's Homepage  Send a33272 an AOL message  Click to see a33272's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Keep an eye on the dark side there's a thread in there from someone who's In touch with someone from ihs/fbh.

1.0.0 corn Casper

Go to Top of Page

paulie78
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2331 Posts

Posted - 14/06/2012 :  11:00:14  Show Profile  Visit paulie78's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I just contacted the Dome in Donnie they assured me that the show is going ahead they are just awaiting confirmation from the legal team about wether they will be allowed to sale reptiles but they should release a statement later today

6.8.0 Corn Snakes http://buzzsprehistoricpets.yolasite.com/
1.1.0 Royal
0.2.0 Chinchillas
1.1.0 Cats
1.1.0 Birds
0.0.2 Fishtanks
0.0.1 Cali Kingsnake
Go to Top of Page

a33272
our battery charger

United Kingdom
3063 Posts

Posted - 14/06/2012 :  11:39:29  Show Profile  Visit a33272's Homepage  Send a33272 an AOL message  Click to see a33272's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Problem is people go there to buy reptiles, if you can't go to buy it won't be much of a show, an alot of people that were planning to attend most likely won't.

1.0.0 corn Casper

Go to Top of Page

kdlang
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3556 Posts

Posted - 14/06/2012 :  12:41:33  Show Profile  Click to see kdlang's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I have had a reply from Doncaster Council. I asked if they could confirm that they have placed a prohibition of sales order on the sale of animals at the show and if this also includes having animals on show as from what I could understand from the APA's statement, part of their arguement is that conditions are tantamount to animal abuse and a public health hazard. This was their reply:

Dear Karen,

The Licensing Team have advised me, with regard to the reptile event all enquiries need be directed either to the International Herpetological Society (event organiser) or the venue (The Dome) who will be able to provide the details of the event.

http://international-herpetological-society.org/site/

http://www.the-dome.co.uk/

Thank you for your enquiry

Sam
Doncaster Council
general.enquiries@doncaster.gov.uk

So that neither confirms nor denies. I guess it is still a waitng game.

0.1.0 cat - Kizzy
1.0.0 Dog - Dobbie

www.support-dogs.org.uk
Go to Top of Page

smart bunny
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5091 Posts

Posted - 14/06/2012 :  14:27:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh great - I've been considering trying to get the day off to go to the Norwich one next month - not a lot of point if they are going to be cancelling sales at all the shows :(

Go to Top of Page

Callazagy
Yearling

United Kingdom
506 Posts

Posted - 14/06/2012 :  16:15:06  Show Profile  Click to see Callazagy's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I beleive the following statement was emailed to IHS members/breeders, to confirm the show was still going ahead at the moment and that the APA statement was all lies.

IHS Statement re: Breeders Meeting
Issued 13th June, 2100hrs

We are aware of a press release issued by the animal rights extremist group the APA regarding the IHS show in Doncaster this weekend – 17th June 2012.

On the 12th of June 2012 at 12:00 a meeting between representatives of the International Herpetological Society, Federation of British Herpetologists, Doncaster Borough Council and Doncaster Culture and Leisure Trust (The Dome) took place at the behest the Council. This meeting concluded at approximately 2pm. The APA were not present at this meeting, however the Animal Protection Agency issued the following press release shortly after:
http://www.apa.org.uk/press/201206-Doncaster.html

This press release directly conflicts with the information given to the representatives of the International Herpetological Society and the Federation of British Herpetologists on the same day by Doncaster Borough Council. This matter is now with our solicitors in order to clarify the nature of the problem, as it is our understanding that the event is fully compliant with the law. The International Herpetological Society currently holds written contracts with Doncaster Culture and Leisure Trust to hold the Breeders Meeting on the 17th of June 2012 and 23rd September 2012.

The overriding fact does remain that public safety must be given priority and the threat of terrorist activity needs to be given due consideration. The organisers are, however, determined not be intimidated and will do their utmost to ensure that the event can continue.

The organisers of this year’s event are seeking to find a resolution to this problem and will not be bullied into letting down all of those people who have supported the show over the years. Unfortunately the tried and tested AR tactic of attacking the venue at the last minute does mean that little time now remains to resolve the issue but further information will be released as soon as it is available.

In the meantime we thank you for your support and encouragement and ask that you continue to express your support for your hobby via the IHS and FBH.

* 2.1 Corn Snakes (Arthas - Normal, Tilion - Anery Lav, Yavanna - Stripe) * 1.1 Cape House Snake (Jenson & Ginetta) * 1.0 Carpet Python (Irian Jaya Jag - Grantly) *
* 1.0 Amazon Tree Boa (Omen) * 1.1.2 Crested Geckos (Brindle, Harley, Noumea & Farino) * 0.0.2 Gargoyle Geckos (Pazuzu & Vesper) *
* 0.0.1 Mexican Red Leg Tarantula (Aragog) * 1.1 Leopard Geckos (Kara & Darwin) * 1.0 Dog (Labrador - Barney) * 1.0 Cat (Casper) *
* 1.0 Western Hognose (Hamilton) * 1.0 Apricot Pueblan Milk Snake (Tweek) * 0.0.2 Common Musk Turtles (Erin & Ira) *
Go to Top of Page

a33272
our battery charger

United Kingdom
3063 Posts

Posted - 14/06/2012 :  17:53:53  Show Profile  Visit a33272's Homepage  Send a33272 an AOL message  Click to see a33272's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Callazagy

I beleive the following statement was emailed to IHS members/breeders, to confirm the show was still going ahead at the moment and that the APA statement was all lies.

IHS Statement re: Breeders Meeting
Issued 13th June, 2100hrs

We are aware of a press release issued by the animal rights extremist group the APA regarding the IHS show in Doncaster this weekend – 17th June 2012.

On the 12th of June 2012 at 12:00 a meeting between representatives of the International Herpetological Society, Federation of British Herpetologists, Doncaster Borough Council and Doncaster Culture and Leisure Trust (The Dome) took place at the behest the Council. This meeting concluded at approximately 2pm. The APA were not present at this meeting, however the Animal Protection Agency issued the following press release shortly after:
http://www.apa.org.uk/press/201206-Doncaster.html

This press release directly conflicts with the information given to the representatives of the International Herpetological Society and the Federation of British Herpetologists on the same day by Doncaster Borough Council. This matter is now with our solicitors in order to clarify the nature of the problem, as it is our understanding that the event is fully compliant with the law. The International Herpetological Society currently holds written contracts with Doncaster Culture and Leisure Trust to hold the Breeders Meeting on the 17th of June 2012 and 23rd September 2012.

The overriding fact does remain that public safety must be given priority and the threat of terrorist activity needs to be given due consideration. The organisers are, however, determined not be intimidated and will do their utmost to ensure that the event can continue.

The organisers of this year’s event are seeking to find a resolution to this problem and will not be bullied into letting down all of those people who have supported the show over the years. Unfortunately the tried and tested AR tactic of attacking the venue at the last minute does mean that little time now remains to resolve the issue but further information will be released as soon as it is available.

In the meantime we thank you for your support and encouragement and ask that you continue to express your support for your hobby via the IHS and FBH.

This is same as was put of rfuk. The dout isn't weather or not the 'SHOW' goes ahead, its weather or not reptiles can be brought an sold. Even if the decision is made that reptiles can't be traded the show can still go ahead, but breeders arnt going to waste time an money attending a show they cant sell at, if they dont turn up it won't be much of a show an people that were going there to buy live goods won't bother

1.0.0 corn Casper

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000