Page: of 2

Red123
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2030 Posts

Posted - 18/01/2012 :  20:37:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sta~ple

re gpigs the same as rabbits as in, males are more friendly than females? I didn't know what sex mine were :/

They are like giant hamsters...

I would most certainly say that male guinea pigs are more friendly than females. I think that male GPs are more friendly towards each other as well as humans.

Corn Snake
, 1.0.0 Amel (Stan),

Royal Pythons
1.0.0 Normal (Nigel)

1.0.0 Albino (Tony)
Boa Constrictor Imperator
0.1.0 (Agatha)
Western Hognose
0.1.0 Normal (Stevie)

0.0.1 Schneider Skink (George)
1.0.0 Extreme Blonde Harlequin Crested Gecko (Bert)
4 GALS.

Tarantulas
Red Rump (B. Vagans) Jo.
Chaco Golden Knee (G. pulchripes) Charlie, Greenbottle Blue (C. cyaneopubescens) Gus, Honduran Curly Hair ( B. albopilosum) Titch, Mexican Fire Leg (B. boehmei), Salmon Pink Bird Eater(L. parahybana), Fort Hall Baboon (P. Lugardi) Blanche, Stout Leg Baboon (E. Pachypus) Graham, Chilean Rose (G. Rosea) Glen.

Border collie x (BoB), 2 Cats (Lucky & Dip), 17 Goldfish, and The Dubia Family
Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 18/01/2012 :  21:39:20  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Red123

quote:

re gpigs the same as rabbits as in, males are more friendly than females? I didn't know what sex mine were :/

I would most certainly say that male guinea pigs are more friendly than females. I think that male GPs are more friendly towards each other as well as humans.

That's exactly how I find bunnies as well. Guessing I must have had 2 female gpigs then! Right evil things they were, so were all the girl bunnies I had!

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page

herriotfan
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5853 Posts

Posted - 19/01/2012 :  09:08:23  Show Profile  Click to see herriotfan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Red123

quote:

That's exactly how I find bunnies as well. Guessing I must have had 2 female gpigs then! Right evil things they were, so were all the girl bunnies I had!

That's just answered another query.....boys are friendliest!
Thanks guys.

Husband....Very Understanding!!! (Phil)
Son & Daughter (Kevin & Carol)
Granddaughter (Eva)
3.4.0 Cornsnakes Amel (Sidney) Caramel Stripe (Sultan) Amber (Cleo) Carolina (Phoebe) Anery Motley Stripe (Penny) Snow (Lily) Caramel (Holmes)
1.2.0 Royal Pythons(Peeps, Pandora & Pepsi)
1.0.0 Hognose (Hudson)
2.1.0 Dogs (Dillon, Alfie, Ellie)
0.1.0 Senegal Parrot (Peanut)
1.1.0 Bearded Dragons (Bonnie & Clyde)
1.0.0 Crested Geckos (Echo)
0.2.1 Hermanns Tortoises (Ebbie, Rosie & Twiglet)
0.1.0 Guinea Pig (Dolly-Pipsqueak)
0.1.9 Tarantulas (Poppy, Gypsy, Bumble, Insey Winsey, Sonic, Cookie, Raven, Fudge, Titch & Sox)
??? Foster animals
Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 19/01/2012 :  17:57:20  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Wonder if two males are good together? I know your not meant to keep male bunnies together and we got told the same by gpigs but our males loved each other and never fought... they loved each other a bit too much...

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page

Red123
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2030 Posts

Posted - 19/01/2012 :  18:20:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Both my pairs are boys. Two boys together works really well more than two boys and thats when the trouble starts.

And yes male bunnies are more friendly than the females. I know male rabbits do fight each other to kill but I had a friend that kept two Rex rabbits, males, together and they were fine though they did have a larger hutch and the run of the garden. I think rex rabbits are the friendliest of all bunnies though. I use to breed both guineas and rabbits but now just have the two pairs as pets.

Corn Snake
, 1.0.0 Amel (Stan),

Royal Pythons
1.0.0 Normal (Nigel)

1.0.0 Albino (Tony)
Boa Constrictor Imperator
0.1.0 (Agatha)
Western Hognose
0.1.0 Normal (Stevie)

0.0.1 Schneider Skink (George)
1.0.0 Extreme Blonde Harlequin Crested Gecko (Bert)
4 GALS.

Tarantulas
Red Rump (B. Vagans) Jo.
Chaco Golden Knee (G. pulchripes) Charlie, Greenbottle Blue (C. cyaneopubescens) Gus, Honduran Curly Hair ( B. albopilosum) Titch, Mexican Fire Leg (B. boehmei), Salmon Pink Bird Eater(L. parahybana), Fort Hall Baboon (P. Lugardi) Blanche, Stout Leg Baboon (E. Pachypus) Graham, Chilean Rose (G. Rosea) Glen.

Border collie x (BoB), 2 Cats (Lucky & Dip), 17 Goldfish, and The Dubia Family
Go to Top of Page

thistle
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1757 Posts

Posted - 19/01/2012 :  20:46:36  Show Profile  Visit thistle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I've got 4 guineas that live in my bedroom with me. Their 'base' is a kiddie ball pool, but its nowhere near big enough for 4, so I took one of the corner supports out so that the corner lies flat letting them have the run of my room 24/7. They spend 90% of their time in the ball pool but they do like to run around my room ever so often. If they wanted to they could wander out of my room as the door is never closed, but only one of them has ever done that and only once (I was running late with their veggies and I turned around in the kitchen after I heard a "wheak" to find Effy (the albino) standing behind me shouting at me, with the other 3 lined up watching from my bedroom door, shouting along with her. Lol).

In the ball pool i use newspaper, megazorb and hay, and I cover the laminate floor in my bedroom with rubber backed vetbed. With 4 of them they can get a bit whiffy if left too long between clean outs, so I clean the ball pool out twice weekly and once a week I wash the vetbed.

Guineas make fantastic pets, they are real characters.

Here is a pic of my 4, stuffing their faces as per usual. Sorry about the quality of the pic.

And this is an earlier pic before they were free range (and before I ended up with my niece's guinea pig to add to the herd) to let you see the ball pool.

2.0.0 Dogs (westie Angus, shih tzu Archie)
0.5.0 African Pygmy Hedgehogs (Harriet, Amelia, Matilda, Jemima, Maisie) RIP Hector
0.4.0 Guinea Pigs (Isobel, Effy, Mrs Mack & Sheila)
1.0.0 Lutino C0ckatiel (Sammy)
3.0.0 Corn Snakes - CB10 Amel (Barnaby), CB11 Anery Lavender (Bailey), CB10 Caramel Motley (Bradley)
0.1.0 CB11 Western Hognose Snake (Maggie)

Edited by - thistle on 19/01/2012 20:47:44
Go to Top of Page

Mort13
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5599 Posts

Posted - 20/01/2012 :  09:54:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Have you got yours litter trained then? I had 2 females that I could have running about in the lounge as they learnt to use a litter tray. They look so cute nomming away together.

Unfortunately boys are difficult to litter train and my boys have never learnt to use the toilet properly (a bit like most men) so they only get to run around in their run outside.

I had 2 females that were brilliant and very friendly. Had another 2 females that were sods,constantly fighting. They would back off to opposite sides of the cage and then launch themselves at each other!
The 2 I have now are male,they have lived together all their lives as they are brothers and they get on great. Personally I like little boy piggies.

3.1.0 Corn snakes, 1.0.0 T-Albino Cape House Snake, 0.1.0 Western Hognose,
1.0.0 MBK, 0.1.0 Childrens Python, 1.0.0 Nicaraguan Dwarf Boas
0.0.1 Occelated Skink, 1.0.0 Leopard Gecko, 1.0.3 Tarantulas, 0.0.2 Damon diadema
1.0.0 C0ckatiel,

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000