New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jaseargonaut12
Egg

United Kingdom
66 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2012 :  14:49:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Do pets at home actually realise what there selling sometimes (as in rare breads / color morphs)

Just i have been in today (sunderland) and they have Fire And Ice Bearded Dragons for £49.99

if i had the money i would had one.

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2012 :  17:56:54  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
unless they come from the original F&I line then they're blagging

Forum - Guide to Cornsnake Morphs - Punnett Square Calculator - Breeder Directory
Go to Top of Page

cattNmo
Hatchling

182 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2012 :  19:16:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They may will be Fire and Ice dragons but because of the breeding they are not able to sell them as Mophs. They sometime have some good corns in to and you can ever try and request curtain morphs. If you keep an eye out they sometime have translucent dragons in to. Its not that they don't know what they are selling just that head office set the prices what you buy is a morph not a set morph. The guy in charge of their pet management often take advantage of the fact he can get high end morphs cheap. Any one who work for PAH who nos they is going though there store also does the same. As a knowledgeable customer we should all do the same. (All of the above comes from years of PAH experience)

Three corns, a dog, a cat, 2 kids and a future husband, Yes its a MAD HOUSE in leicester area.
Go to Top of Page

jaseargonaut12
Egg

United Kingdom
66 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2012 :  20:55:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
my local pets at home has a very small reptile section, so normally only has 2-3 Bearded Dragons, Maybe 2-3 Leopards and if your lucky 2 crested geckos.

i would of though if there selling the likes of Fire and Ice, and stuff they would up the price a bit
Go to Top of Page

yola
Hatchling

United Kingdom
171 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2012 :  00:45:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My stepson and his fiance have worked in pet at home for years and they are still amazed what morphs they get in of the berdies and geckos.
We have 2 p@h near us and we got a Tangeren berdie, Blazing Blizzard gecko and a Rainwater gecko, a pewter corn and Amel Stripe, we get 20% of too.
I did ask at the one with the corns if they could order some certain morphs in and was told they cant as they can only order certain amount and basicly get what there given and have no clue as to what they get till the order arrives. They have no clue on the colours or morphs they get in as I have noticed them wrongly named or marked up totally wrong.
All the animals at p@h near us are well looked after and clean too

With 27 beautiful corns I definitely have snakeitus :-)
Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2012 :  08:21:49  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Wish we got different colored beardies apart from formals :P been waiting to see a red one like they have on the picture they have outside the shop.

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page

monalisa70
Hatchling

United Kingdom
269 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2012 :  10:49:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not PAH but my daughter bought me a corn for christmas,i didn't know what it was because i wasn't there when she bought it and she was a bit tipsy by the time i got it on christmas (it was left at my mums until xmas) i put some pics up and turns out he was a ghost i rang my daughter to tell her and (now sober =D) she says they sold it as a carolina.

4.2.5 corns
2.1.0 royals
1 BCI
1 MBK
Go to Top of Page

scottishbluebird
it is all my fault

United Kingdom
8403 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2012 :  17:42:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
would love a pewter, might have to have a nosey! if got the chance at a really cheap price, wouldnt be able to stop myself!

0.1.0 Corn - Kellogs
1.0.0 Hognose - Storm
0.1.0 Staffy - Lyla
1.0.0 Spaffy(staffy x springer)-Spyro
1.0.0 Ferret - Peanut R.I.P
0.1.0 Crestie - Fudge. Wish List - Pygmy hedgehog. Tropiocolotes
Go to Top of Page

Emmy1
Yearling

707 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2012 :  18:10:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My p@h has mainly lizards, usually just Beardies and Leopard geckos. Did see some cracking looking corns one time last year when we paid a flying visit for fish food. Hatchling amels, a snow and a juvenile caramel, which had a sold sticker on the front. But the amels were pretty! Lots of white, peach sides with pale orange saddles. If we weren't in such a rush to get back to work, I think I may have walked away with one. :P

0.1.0 Anery Corn Snake
1.0.0 Normal Western Hognosed Snake
1.0.0 Albino California Kingsnake
1.1.0 Bearded Dragons (Wildtype, Hypo)
0.0.3 Shubunkin Goldfish
Go to Top of Page

Georgina
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2382 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2012 :  22:49:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
rumour has it the pets at home in bedford got a couple od amels and a couple of platinums in today.

1.0 western hognose (hero)
1.0 phantom reverse pin dal brindle crested gecko (goyle)
0.2 red dal red harly (sprite) 99% full pin Harley crested gecko (TuLong)
0.0.3 miomantis paykullii
0.0.3 Bombina orientalis (oriental fire bellied toad)
0.3 fancy mice (snap, crackle and pop)
1.0 yorkshire terrier (jasper)
2.1 cats (echo, shadow and pokey)
Go to Top of Page

scottishbluebird
it is all my fault

United Kingdom
8403 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2012 :  02:36:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Shame i'm only near dundee! but i really do want a hoggie first, but if i pewter came up ...

0.1.0 Corn - Kellogs
1.0.0 Hognose - Storm
0.1.0 Staffy - Lyla
1.0.0 Spaffy(staffy x springer)-Spyro
1.0.0 Ferret - Peanut R.I.P
0.1.0 Crestie - Fudge. Wish List - Pygmy hedgehog. Tropiocolotes
Go to Top of Page

Casta
Hatchling

United Kingdom
335 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2012 :  13:40:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
my poah still only does beardies... probably just as well really... the local petshop sells snakes but glad i went to breeders. especially considering i got the sister of one of the shops hatchies for half the price.

Go to Top of Page

smiffy89
Hatchling

United Kingdom
342 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2012 :  18:04:33  Show Profile  Click to see smiffy89's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
think most of the p@h staff ive spoke to dont know what day it is or why their even there never mind morphs
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000