New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Red123
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2030 Posts

Posted - 31/12/2011 :  14:12:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well today I paid a visit to the new reptile shop in Needham Market. To be honest I don't know what to say really. Ermmmmmmm..........
This is MY opinion on the shop. Well they do have a variety of both snakes and Lizards available and MOST of them look in good condition. A nice sub-adult Milk Snake was there, common Boa, Royals (spider and Pastel), Garters. And a variety of hatchlings, milk, corn, Grey rat, Kings. Bearded Dragons looked nice ones and The Tokay Gecko was nice. But very little decor for vivs and I do mean very little. It was a shame that they had their children cleaning the vivs when customers were trying to have a good look, you could not here yourself talk above the Vaccum cleaner being used. Surely it would be better to do this on the days they are not open (closed monday and tuesday) or before they open. The women was not overly welcoming, did not introduce herslf or ask if we wanted any help, she sat playing games on her phone. Not really a good advert for the shop. So thunmbs up for Most of the reptiles but the rest well.....

Corn Snake
, 1.0.0 Amel (Stan),

Royal Pythons
1.0.0 Normal (Nigel)

1.0.0 Albino (Tony)
Boa Constrictor Imperator
0.1.0 (Agatha)
Western Hognose
0.1.0 Normal (Stevie)

0.0.1 Schneider Skink (George)
1.0.0 Extreme Blonde Harlequin Crested Gecko (Bert)
4 GALS.

Tarantulas
Red Rump (B. Vagans) Jo.
Chaco Golden Knee (G. pulchripes) Charlie, Greenbottle Blue (C. cyaneopubescens) Gus, Honduran Curly Hair ( B. albopilosum) Titch, Mexican Fire Leg (B. boehmei), Salmon Pink Bird Eater(L. parahybana), Fort Hall Baboon (P. Lugardi) Blanche, Stout Leg Baboon (E. Pachypus) Graham, Chilean Rose (G. Rosea) Glen.

Border collie x (BoB), 2 Cats (Lucky & Dip), 17 Goldfish, and The Dubia Family

Hissyfit
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2214 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2012 :  12:39:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What a pity, it's always a good sign when the owner makes the effort to talk to the customers. If you're ever in Ipswich Suffolk Reptiles is well worth a visit, the guy is so helpful and loves to talk about and show off his snakes

Go to Top of Page

hillzi
The Lost boy.

United Kingdom
3984 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2012 :  13:42:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not really fair to name and shame and bash on a website.. If you have a problem or think the shop has a problem, report them to trading standards..
Go to Top of Page

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2012 :  23:47:35  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hillzi

....report them to trading standards..

for playing on her phone

Forum - Guide to Cornsnake Morphs - Punnett Square Calculator - Breeder Directory
Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2012 :  01:24:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by eeji

quote:

for playing on her phone

Breach of the angry birds act 2010.

Its a shame when an otherwise good shop lets itself down with inattentive staff, I'm lucky to have 2 reptile stores and one P@H within a stones throw and in general they are all brilliant and the bit that makes them brilliant and not just good is that the staff are so friendly and even if they are busy they recognise their regulars and go out of their way to serve you quickly (or as I call it shifting the riff raff out of the way for a good customer).

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Harlequin Crested Gecko HARLEY
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Giant Asian Forest Scorpion, SALLY.
Giant African Land Snails, SHELDON & MICHELLE.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://www.youtube.com/user/alocheeky
Go to Top of Page

hillzi
The Lost boy.

United Kingdom
3984 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2012 :  12:04:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by eeji

quote:

for playing on her phone

Oops only just re-read it, thought it was another store-bashing, store treating their snakes badly, thread

Sorry!

I wouldv'e said do you want my business and want to help me or shall I kindly, sod off elsewhere?

If you want to be a pain you could complain to her manager

Edited by - hillzi on 04/01/2012 12:07:45
Go to Top of Page

smart bunny
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5091 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2012 :  11:02:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Needham Market eh? That's not too far for me. I didn't know there was a new rep shop there, may have to have a look, it's my birthday next month...

Go to Top of Page

owen123uk
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
8 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2012 :  16:38:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If your ever in the north east i would go to Team reptiles in Gateshead as everything good condition, they always ask to help and they offer boarding services.

1.0.0 Bearded Dragon: Bruce
0.1.0 Corn: Rosie
0.1.0 Chocolate lab: Mazie
Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2012 :  16:58:03  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Bit weird that they have days which they aren't open? I don't know any pet stores that aren't open for at least a couple of hours every day and because they work every day, they do all the cleaning and stuff in the day too when there aren't too many people around.

She may have been playing on her phone as she may have got bitched at for asking if someone needs help or they get loads of people just going in for a snoop. It's difficult to know what to do in those situations, you don't wnat to come across like a salesman at PC world after all! Plus if someone actually wanted help surely they would ask XD

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page

Red123
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2030 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2012 :  12:21:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm pretty sure the women was the wife/partner of the shop owner and and ALL the kids were theirs. Unless there approach to customers change I don't see it doing overly well, especially if there are some good rep shops not to far away.

I have not been to Suffolk Reptiles in Ipswich but have heard good things about them so may journey out that way soon. Do they have alot of decor for vivs for sale, plants etc?

Corn Snake
, 1.0.0 Amel (Stan),

Royal Pythons
1.0.0 Normal (Nigel)

1.0.0 Albino (Tony)
Boa Constrictor Imperator
0.1.0 (Agatha)
Western Hognose
0.1.0 Normal (Stevie)

0.0.1 Schneider Skink (George)
1.0.0 Extreme Blonde Harlequin Crested Gecko (Bert)
4 GALS.

Tarantulas
Red Rump (B. Vagans) Jo.
Chaco Golden Knee (G. pulchripes) Charlie, Greenbottle Blue (C. cyaneopubescens) Gus, Honduran Curly Hair ( B. albopilosum) Titch, Mexican Fire Leg (B. boehmei), Salmon Pink Bird Eater(L. parahybana), Fort Hall Baboon (P. Lugardi) Blanche, Stout Leg Baboon (E. Pachypus) Graham, Chilean Rose (G. Rosea) Glen.

Border collie x (BoB), 2 Cats (Lucky & Dip), 17 Goldfish, and The Dubia Family
Go to Top of Page

Hissyfit
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2214 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2012 :  16:23:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Red123

I have not been to Suffolk Reptiles in Ipswich but have heard good things about them so may journey out that way soon. Do they have alot of decor for vivs for sale, plants etc?

They do have a few things for sale, and last week had a 3d style background they plan to start stocking, was £20 for one for a 2ft viv. Only trouble is the owner does it as a hobby, so his hours are mostly evenings except at weekends. I went in on Wed for mice and he was hoovering out the vivs, didn't realise it wasn't one of his open days but he kindly sold them to me anyway

Go to Top of Page

nova1990
Yearling

United Kingdom
618 Posts

Posted - 13/01/2012 :  00:16:47  Show Profile  Click to see nova1990's MSN Messenger address  Send nova1990 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
suffolk reptiles is the one down nacton road isnt it? ive heard its really good there

Corn Snake - Ayame
Mexican Black Kingsnake - Ryuzaki
Bearded Dragon - Puff
Salmon pink Tarantula - Olivia
Antilles pinktoe Tarantula - MossChops

Ipswich, Suffolk
Go to Top of Page

Hissyfit
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2214 Posts

Posted - 13/01/2012 :  17:13:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nova1990

suffolk reptiles is the one down nacton road isnt it? ive heard its really good there

Yes that's the one

Go to Top of Page

nkitch
Snake Mite

14 Posts

Posted - 18/01/2012 :  01:30:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Don't know about this shop but I got my corn from Abbey Aquatics in Stonham and they were fantastic My snake, touch wood is great ! Feeds brilliantly just had a great shed lovely temperament couldn't be better. The shop is well kept and the snakes/reptiles have great enclosures. I was allowed to handle as many snakes as i wished with no obligation and there was no pressure at all to buy one. I was given good advice on all aspects as a new comer and I have not been disappointed now my knowledge has grown. My only complication was my wife's fear of snakes. She was allowed to hold the snake in her own time as was my 3 yr old son who is now fanatical about his new pet.
Go to Top of Page

nova1990
Yearling

United Kingdom
618 Posts

Posted - 19/01/2012 :  00:58:41  Show Profile  Click to see nova1990's MSN Messenger address  Send nova1990 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
i thought so :) and viking aquatics isnt that bad aswell

Corn Snake - Ayame
Mexican Black Kingsnake - Ryuzaki
Bearded Dragon - Puff
Salmon pink Tarantula - Olivia
Antilles pinktoe Tarantula - MossChops

Ipswich, Suffolk
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: