New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

hannah2016
Hatchling

United Kingdom
294 Posts

Posted - 27/12/2011 :  22:25:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Anyone here apart of a reptil club?? Thinking about joining one. My mum said she eould get me a family membership for me so it could be a me and my dad and sister sorta thing. Seeing as me and my dad dont get on very well, I thought maybe I could get him to be my friend through reptiles and find some commen ground. That and to get more snakes

So, if anyone goes to one could you tell me what you do there? Are they anygood? Are they fun, do you get to see some reptiles? Is it even worth me joining one??

1.0.0 corn snake - Flicka
1.0.0 Rainbow Boa - Luna

stuart619
Hatchling

United Kingdom
230 Posts

Posted - 28/12/2011 :  07:08:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am a member of the Wirral Herpetological Society. We meet monthly and people bring along their animals. we sometimes have presentations and discuss current issues. They are fun and it is a great way to meet people with similar interests and maybe see animals you don't have in your collection.

The meetings I go to are really laid back and very welcoming. I'd say that if you have any clubs around your area then definately go along to a meeting and get a feel for it. You'll be able to see for yourself if it is something which you would be interested in.

Go to Top of Page

hannah2016
Hatchling

United Kingdom
294 Posts

Posted - 28/12/2011 :  10:07:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by stuart619

I am a member of the Wirral Herpetological Society. We meet monthly and people bring along their animals. we sometimes have presentations and discuss current issues. They are fun and it is a great way to meet people with similar interests and maybe see animals you don't have in your collection.

The meetings I go to are really laid back and very welcoming. I'd say that if you have any clubs around your area then definately go along to a meeting and get a feel for it. You'll be able to see for yourself if it is something which you would be interested in.

Thanks for the reply. I think I will go, just wanted to know what I should expect

1.0.0 Rainbow Boa - Luna

Go to Top of Page

hannah2016
Hatchling

United Kingdom
294 Posts

Posted - 28/12/2011 :  10:08:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Thanks for the reply. I think I will go, just wanted to know what I should expect

1.0.0 Rainbow Boa - Luna

Go to Top of Page

stotty01
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1168 Posts

Posted - 28/12/2011 :  18:07:53  Show Profile  Click to see stotty01's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
there is a good one in southend area http://southessexreptileclub.co.uk/ wass on essex jungle as well

my aunties, bestfriends, hairdressers, friends boyfriend had a snake and it stretched out to measure him to eat him......true story.....
1.0.0 tortoise
1.0.0 sinaloan milk snake
1.0.0 jack russel
0.1.0 anery corn medusa
1.0.0 snow corn abomninable
0.1.0 royal python priscilla
http://www.youtube.com/user/stotty01 dads youtube channel

Tail n scales, Linton, Cambs, CB21 4XN, Tel no 01223 893 508 http://www.tails-n-scales.co.uk/

wish list: boa!
Go to Top of Page

jaseargonaut12
Egg

United Kingdom
66 Posts

Posted - 28/12/2011 :  18:50:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Talking about reptile clubs does anyone know any in the north-east (Sunderland -Gateshead ) area
Go to Top of Page

hannah2016
Hatchling

United Kingdom
294 Posts

Posted - 28/12/2011 :  19:14:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by stotty01

there is a good one in southend area http://southessexreptileclub.co.uk/ wass on essex jungle as well

Thanks!! This club defo looks better then the one I was looking at. Do you go to it?? Do you know what time it starts and what day its on?

1.0.0 Rainbow Boa - Luna

Go to Top of Page

stotty01
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1168 Posts

Posted - 28/12/2011 :  23:36:26  Show Profile  Click to see stotty01's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
no i dont, i was thinking about it though as they have some nicer big snakes :) they normally post up on facebook and website

my aunties, bestfriends, hairdressers, friends boyfriend had a snake and it stretched out to measure him to eat him......true story.....
1.0.0 tortoise
1.0.0 sinaloan milk snake
1.0.0 jack russel
0.1.0 anery corn medusa
1.0.0 snow corn abomninable
0.1.0 royal python priscilla
http://www.youtube.com/user/stotty01 dads youtube channel

Tail n scales, Linton, Cambs, CB21 4XN, Tel no 01223 893 508 http://www.tails-n-scales.co.uk/

wish list: boa!
Go to Top of Page

hannah2016
Hatchling

United Kingdom
294 Posts

Posted - 29/12/2011 :  12:14:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by stotty01

no i dont, i was thinking about it though as they have some nicer big snakes :) they normally post up on facebook and website

Ahh, id love to see some bigger snakes!! thats why I really want a boa at the moment

1.0.0 Rainbow Boa - Luna

Go to Top of Page

Emmy1
Yearling

707 Posts

Posted - 29/12/2011 :  20:07:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Me too!!

0.1.0 Anery Corn Snake
1.0.0 Normal Western Hognosed Snake
1.0.0 Albino California Kingsnake
1.1.0 Bearded Dragons (Wildtype, Hypo)
0.0.3 Shubunkin Goldfish

Edited by - Emmy1 on 29/12/2011 20:08:44
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: