New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 24/12/2011 :  16:13:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well as you are all no doubt aware I have a few arachnids in my collection of beasts so thought I'd show you how they are all kept etc.

Firstly they all live in a 2 foot vivarium, the entire floor of the vivarium is heated to 30oC, the ambient is about 21-23oC.

Celebrations tub is the roaches, they like it dark. The crickets live on top of the roaches they dont need the high temp of the floor but appreciate the ambient temp. The Scorpion is in the box at the back on the left, the three Tarantulas live in the three round tubs, If they don't require the high floor temp they are stood on rubber footed granite coasters so they only get the ambient temp, if they need higher temps they stand directly on the mat.

Each one of the tubs is labelled so I know which tub is which, I wouldn't want to be checking on the Salmon Pink and find myself juggling a Orange Baboon.

So that's the setup here are the inhabitants.

Trixie, the Chilean (not very happy to be photographed, she is not long in this new tub and hasn't really made it her own yet).

Sam, the Salmon Pink (freshly moulted just moved into this tub today).

Boris, the Orange baboon (picked up today, very good reason why the lid is on).

I went to take off the lid to get a better shot, he ran at me, I had to use my hand to stop his escape and get the lid on fast.

And finally Sally, the Asian Forest Scorpion (she is too fat I am aware, I was told to feed every 3 days, it was too much so is only getting fed once a week, she is looking ready to moult too which just makes her fatness look even worse).

And what you actually see when you own a Forest Scorpion but dont disturb them, I switched to artificial as the moss kept getting mouldy and that is dangerous stuff to a Scorp.

So there you go, my arachnaville, truly fascinating and delicate creatures. I don't handle these guys (often) but with caution can persuade them to do what I want them to do with the exception of OBT's they are just bad.

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Harlequin Crested Gecko HARLEY
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Giant Asian Forest Scorpion, SALLY.
Giant African Land Snails, SHELDON & MICHELLE.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://www.youtube.com/user/alocheeky

scottishbluebird
it is all my fault

United Kingdom
8403 Posts

Posted - 24/12/2011 :  16:43:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I do love the spiders, but REALLY dont like the scorps, Would rather see harley though!!

0.1.0 Corn - Kellogs
1.0.0 Hognose - Storm
0.1.0 Staffy - Lyla
1.0.0 Spaffy(staffy x springer)-Spyro
1.0.0 Ferret - Peanut R.I.P
0.1.0 Crestie - Fudge. Wish List - Pygmy hedgehog. Tropiocolotes
Go to Top of Page

Mort13
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5599 Posts

Posted - 28/12/2011 :  18:35:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm the opposite to scottishbluebird. Far prefer the scorpion,Trixie is ok too but the others are far too spidery for me.

3.1.0 Corn snakes, 1.0.0 T-Albino Cape House Snake, 0.1.0 Western Hognose,
1.0.0 MBK, 0.1.0 Childrens Python, 1.0.0 Nicaraguan Dwarf Boas
0.0.1 Occelated Skink, 1.0.0 Leopard Gecko, 1.0.3 Tarantulas, 0.0.2 Damon diadema
1.0.0 C0ckatiel,

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000