guide to feeding
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

bob32221
Snake Mite

5 Posts

Posted - 22/12/2011 :  08:01:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i have had my corny for 16 days now and he only eaten once in that time. i put food into viv 8 days after his last feed and left it in for 8 hours and he not taken the food. i removed the mouse and threw it away.can i re-freezethe mouse and should i leave it any longer or less than 8 hours before it starts to go off

Simmy_82
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1272 Posts

Posted - 22/12/2011 :  08:06:46  Show Profile  Click to see Simmy_82's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Not a good idea to re-freeze, so best to throw away.

12hrs is probs max you can leave it. Is your snake due a shed? Could be why off its food. Failing that leave a pinky in there ad cover the viv/faun/rub with a towel so it's dark. He may be a shy feeder.

0.1.0 - Cat - Tallulah
0.0.1 - Carolina Corn Snake - Lilith
Go to Top of Page

bob32221
Snake Mite

5 Posts

Posted - 22/12/2011 :  08:27:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
he was covered up with towel and not sure about a shed. he is 3 yrs old and i bought him off a friend of my wife . he is very active and looking healthy i just new to the snake keeping thing and just want to get things as right as i can for him
Go to Top of Page

Okeetee Mick
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2308 Posts

Posted - 22/12/2011 :  09:28:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Eight days without a feed for a three year old snake is nothing, certainly wouldn't be concerned at this stage.

0.1.0 Okeetee (Sookie) 0.1.0 Powder (Luna) 0.1.0 Bloodred (Arlene) 0.1.0 Caramel Stripe (Tara)
0.1.0 Ghost (Crystal) 0.1.0 Caramel (Jessica) 0.1.0 Lavender Stripe (Portia) 1.0.0 Platinum (Godric)
0.1.0 Thayers King (Lettie Mae) 0.1.0 Albino Blairs King (Lorena) 0.1.0 Russian Ratsnakes (Pam)
0.1.0 Korean Ratsnake (Katerina) 1.0.0 Russian Ratsnake (Lafayette)
Go to Top of Page

mkmattyk
banned

United Kingdom
837 Posts

Posted - 22/12/2011 :  10:23:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
just to echo okeetee mick, i have a corn thats slighty younger and it was a good month to 6weeks before he ate, and also ive heard on here that some corns have gone months without food, so nothing really to be worried about ATM, leave him a copule of weeks and try and feed him then

ps. ive notice that mine are less "agressive" and slower when eating and ive just put that down to the weather, and ive decided instead of giving theres every week ive changed it to every 10-12 days... hope this helps
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000