New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

hannah2016
Hatchling

United Kingdom
294 Posts

Posted - 20/12/2011 :  12:26:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
my whole family had desided to take a day trip over there just for me. i only get a little bit of money every month and i only ever spend it on my snakes, and usually only spend it at surreys pet supplies. but when i got there, all i can say is i wasnt impressed. It turned out to be much more exspensive there then the same shopping list i had for online. the people there didnt seem to want to help me out with finding things and when they did they were wanting me to buy the most pricy things when i knew i would be just as happy with less costly stuff. the only person that was in the least bit helpful and friendly was the the girl upstairs with all the reptiles that happly took a break from her lunch to show me the best sorta vivs to get. we had a nice little chat about reptiles and she was a really nice girl. and after all of that and £140 lighter i still ordered another £30 worth of stuff from them online this morning god help me!

rant over, just needed to vent a little. i know some people would have better experences and will disagree with my view, but each to there own, right?

4 more days to go untill i get my beautiful baby boy grantit royal!!! so excited - pics of him will be up soon. for now i was just wondering what names you guys come up with. im pretty much sold on calling him Koda after the little cub out of brother bear. what do you guys think? like it??

1.0.0 corn snake - Flicka
1.0.0 Rainbow Boa - Luna

ILoveNoodleXD
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
42 Posts

Posted - 20/12/2011 :  13:14:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Can't wait for the pics!!

Go to Top of Page

manda88
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1002 Posts

Posted - 20/12/2011 :  14:44:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There's not a lot of difference in price at all, it's just that in the shop you end up seeing other things and thinking 'ooh I like the look of that!' and then buying it even though you don't really need it haha, at least that's what I do anyway!! And then I end up spending £50 more than I meant to There's literally pence difference between online prices and in store prices, so it should make hardly any difference to the bill at the end.

Wanna know what animals I keep? Check out www.facebook.com/mnmreptiles :)

Go to Top of Page

Okeetee Mick
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2308 Posts

Posted - 20/12/2011 :  18:16:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Very sorry to hear your trip was a disappointment, I have to say how surprised I am. Everytime I have been there I have been treated with respect and have always found the staff helpful and polite. As you say each to their own, if you are unhappy with the service you are right to air your views.

0.1.0 Okeetee (Sookie) 0.1.0 Powder (Luna) 0.1.0 Bloodred (Arlene) 0.1.0 Caramel Stripe (Tara)
0.1.0 Ghost (Crystal) 0.1.0 Caramel (Jessica) 0.1.0 Lavender Stripe (Portia) 1.0.0 Platinum (Godric)
0.1.0 Thayers King (Lettie Mae) 0.1.0 Albino Blairs King (Lorena) 0.1.0 Russian Ratsnakes (Pam)
0.1.0 Korean Ratsnake (Katerina) 1.0.0 Russian Ratsnake (Lafayette)

Edited by - Okeetee Mick on 20/12/2011 18:17:49
Go to Top of Page

EmSquem
Yearling

United Kingdom
525 Posts

Posted - 20/12/2011 :  19:31:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry your trip didn't go well Can't wait to see pics of your royal, I really really really want one, so I'm jealous now I was going to get one but my mum offered me 2 corns instead for Christmas . . . :P

1.2.0 corns (Star, Eddie and Scarlet)
1.0.0 Sinaloan milk snake (Harry)
1.1.0 Black Labrador (Berry and Buddy)
Go to Top of Page

hannah2016
Hatchling

United Kingdom
294 Posts

Posted - 20/12/2011 :  19:35:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Okeetee Mick

Very sorry to hear your trip was a disappointment, I have to say how surprised I am. Everytime I have been there I have been treated with respect and have always found the staff helpful and polite. As you say each to their own, if you are unhappy with the service you are right to air your views.

yeah, i didnt want people to read this and think that there bad in genral, its just that i had a bad experence with them, doesnt mean there like that all the time. must have been having a bad day

1.0.0 Rainbow Boa - Luna

Go to Top of Page

hannah2016
Hatchling

United Kingdom
294 Posts

Posted - 20/12/2011 :  19:42:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by EmSquem

Sorry your trip didn't go well Can't wait to see pics of your royal, I really really really want one, so I'm jealous now I was going to get one but my mum offered me 2 corns instead for Christmas . . . :P

no matter how much i love flicka, i didnt really want her. i mean like really want her.she was just my 'starter' snake. the only reason i took her was because she was so small and looked like she'd been treated badly. that sounds really bad lol. lets get this straight shall we? i ADORE her, but i was never as intrested in corns as i was with royals. i like chunky snakes. snakes with grip. if i dont hold onto flicka when she goes up my arm she'll just fly off. so im more excited with the royal because its the first snake im DESPRATE to have.

1.0.0 Rainbow Boa - Luna

Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 20/12/2011 :  20:28:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Get the shot gun!!!!!!!!

When corns are bigger they have grip just fine, no the squeezeathon you get from a royal but they are plenty strong. Spot climbs all over me without a problem, scales the heights of the xmas tree and loves a good play on the clothes airer.

The way I see your shopping trip is you didnt enjoy your shopping trip, you didn't tell anyone there about your bad experience and you spent a wad of cash anyway so for them, nothing needs to change.

As for your Royal I've never seen a grantit royal sounds interesting!

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Harlequin Crested Gecko HARLEY
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Giant Asian Forest Scorpion, SALLY.
Giant African Land Snails, SHELDON & MICHELLE.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://www.youtube.com/user/alocheeky
Go to Top of Page

hannah2016
Hatchling

United Kingdom
294 Posts

Posted - 21/12/2011 :  11:08:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by lotabob

Get the shot gun!!!!!!!!

When corns are bigger they have grip just fine, no the squeezeathon you get from a royal but they are plenty strong. Spot climbs all over me without a problem, scales the heights of the xmas tree and loves a good play on the clothes airer.

The way I see your shopping trip is you didnt enjoy your shopping trip, you didn't tell anyone there about your bad experience and you spent a wad of cash anyway so for them, nothing needs to change.

As for your Royal I've never seen a grantit royal sounds interesting!

ohhh, i told 'em lol. and yeah, tbh iv never heard of a granit royal either, i think they might be having me on... they had a few of them, but i dont care, he was a stunning litlle boy . corns are just a little to small and fast, dont get me wrong id have one of every morph if i could but for now im fine with saying i prefer royals. but then again, iv never had one. i might bring this boy home and deside i prefer the corns. can we just settle on the fact that i love we all love snakes??

1.0.0 Rainbow Boa - Luna

Go to Top of Page

Mamma
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4494 Posts

Posted - 21/12/2011 :  14:02:19  Show Profile  Visit Mamma's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Bobs being silly Theres a royal called a granite : http://ralphdavisreptiles.com/collection/pythons/ball/granite_ball_python.asp

Please feel free to add my photography page on facebook .... or check me out on deviantart :
https://www.facebook.com/groups/MaliskaRodgersPhotography/
http://maliskarodgers.deviantart.com/
Go to Top of Page

Spreebok
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1135 Posts

Posted - 21/12/2011 :  19:42:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Snakes with grip? Meet my adult Holly! When he decides to cling onto my arm (usually when he's leaning off of my to peek at things) his grip gets as tight as a blood pressure armband! xD

My yearling amel gives a good grip too, can make your finger go numb, goodness knows what she'll be like when fully grown xD
Go to Top of Page

Kath
Yearling

United Kingdom
697 Posts

Posted - 22/12/2011 :  13:16:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
lol @ Spreebok, Cornelius is only 5months old & I'm amazed by his grip & how much strength he has! Like u, I wonder what his grip will be like when he's older!

Go to Top of Page

hannah2016
Hatchling

United Kingdom
294 Posts

Posted - 23/12/2011 :  21:24:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No see, flickas 5 months and she just slides off anything. I watched her try to climb once, lol she just fell

1.0.0 Rainbow Boa - Luna

Go to Top of Page

mikerichards
don't say the 'M' word!

United Kingdom
2901 Posts

Posted - 23/12/2011 :  21:53:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Something to remember when it comes to shops and shopping online, shops are able to cut their prices online because they dont need the staff there to process the order, they dont need the lights on all the time, etc....
Obviously someone packs it all up, but thats the only real human interaction needed, so they can afford to sell stuff cheaper. Shops, especially reptile shops have huge overheads, heating bills are huge, hence why stuff is so much more expensive in store.

Thats no excuse for having staff with bad attitudes though.

Incidentally, Granite royals are a dominant morph, there dont seem to be very many about, how much were they asking?

Edited by - mikerichards on 23/12/2011 21:54:15
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000