New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

aimeecrr
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
4 Posts

Posted - 14/12/2011 :  23:50:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi there, my 2 corn snakes, who share their living quarters have recently had a growth spurt and i was wondering if they would need to be moved to a bigger tank yet? Lazarus is 2 1/2 foot long (approx) and talla is just over 2 foot. They are curently in a faunarium, which is quite long but i think they may need more room, any advise? Many thanks for the help

Midge
Hatchling

United Kingdom
203 Posts

Posted - 15/12/2011 :  00:53:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A lot of people frown on co habiting due to the risks involved. What is the length of your faun? I would think that they would at least need to be in a 4 foot viv with 2 x cool and 2 x warm hides to avoid any reason for conflict. Are they the same sex? If they're not then there is a high chance of premature breeding which could bring on ill health to your corns. From the advice that I have seen on here and the problems that could arise I would think about separating them.

1.0 CB11 Carolina Corn Snake - Naboo
1.0 CB10 Butter Motley Corn Snake - Rudi
0.1 CB09 Amel het Caramel, Stripe - Zumba
1.0 CB12 Phantom - Bollo
0.1 CB12 Diffused Powder - Rosie
0.1 CB12 Hypo Lavender - Lily
Go to Top of Page

aimeecrr
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
4 Posts

Posted - 15/12/2011 :  01:03:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The faun is 1 1/2 foot long a 1 foot wide. Ive been through all the notions with co-habing difficults but these to are fine together, they have been living with each other for over a year never had problems, separate when feeding etc. What size tank would they need to go in?

Go to Top of Page

Hissyfit
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2214 Posts

Posted - 15/12/2011 :  07:41:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Going by the size of your faun, it's suitable for 1 snake up to 30" in length. You could leave Talla in there for a little while yet (another 6"), but Lazarus needs more room. He needs something more than his length, so length & width of the faun or viv needs to be more than 30"...I'd go for a 3ft viv with a divider at 2ft until he's big enough for all the space If you insist on keeping them together,( which if male and female will be very stressful on the female if she's bred too young) you would need at least a 4ft viv for them both ,with as Midge has said, 2x warm & 2x cool end hides.

Go to Top of Page

Mamma
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4494 Posts

Posted - 18/12/2011 :  13:02:32  Show Profile  Visit Mamma's Homepage  Reply with Quote
You will need a bigger enclosure for them. Obviously you are aware of all the probs with cohabiting agree witht he 4 foot viv for housing them both together.

Please feel free to add my photography page on facebook .... or check me out on deviantart :
https://www.facebook.com/groups/MaliskaRodgersPhotography/
http://maliskarodgers.deviantart.com/
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000