New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

smart bunny
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5091 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2011 :  09:16:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Aww I'm just so over the moon with son's little snakey! We've had her for 4 weeks now and she's getting so much more adventurous. I think my son was getting a bit disillusioned (what with the 1 week leave her to settle in, first 3 weeks never seeing her out of her hides until we got her out and us being totally OTT with him, making sure he wasn't noisy/learning about handling etc). The last week or so she's been out every morning and evening exploring the faun and not being overly bothered about us being there/walking past etc. Last night she'd been exploring for a while so I got her out for a bit, put her back and she stayed out of her hides for at least 2 hours.

This morning she's been wandering about since we got up at 7, got her out 3/4 an hour ago for a good 20-30 mins and son is getting much better and more confident at handling her, plus she is obviously getting much more used to his smell and not trying to get away from him any more! Then whereas I usually clear out and set up the faun he set it up, so I think he feels he is connecting with her a lot more. She's STILL wandering about now - I'm wondering if she's getting in training for a marathon or something! It's just so lovely to see her out and about and not hiding constantly.

Anyway, I'd better stop rambling now, sorry as you can tall I'm a bit besotted with her!

thistle
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1757 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2011 :  12:17:07  Show Profile  Visit thistle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Glad to hear that she is settling in so well.

2.0.0 Dogs (westie Angus, shih tzu Archie)
0.5.0 African Pygmy Hedgehogs (Harriet, Amelia, Matilda, Jemima, Maisie) RIP Hector
0.4.0 Guinea Pigs (Isobel, Effy, Mrs Mack & Sheila)
1.0.0 Lutino C0ckatiel (Sammy)
3.0.0 Corn Snakes - CB10 Amel (Barnaby), CB11 Anery Lavender (Bailey), CB10 Caramel Motley (Bradley)
0.1.0 CB11 Western Hognose Snake (Maggie)
Go to Top of Page

Mamma
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4494 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2011 :  12:17:45  Show Profile  Visit Mamma's Homepage  Reply with Quote
fab xx

Please feel free to add my photography page on facebook .... or check me out on deviantart :
https://www.facebook.com/groups/MaliskaRodgersPhotography/
http://maliskarodgers.deviantart.com/
Go to Top of Page

hannah2016
Hatchling

United Kingdom
294 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2011 :  12:34:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
great to hear she's settling in well

1.0.0 corn snake - Flicka
1.0.0 Rainbow Boa - Luna

Go to Top of Page

SexyBear77
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3796 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2011 :  18:26:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great to hear it xx

9.11 Cornsnakes
1.1 Hogg island boas
1.0 Dwarf Burmese python

Website- http://rassnakes.yolasite.com/
Go to Top of Page

LittlestarRed
Egg

United Kingdom
99 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2011 :  19:15:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Glad little Corno is settling in so well and getting used to your Son handling so quickly too! I'm still working on getting Nagini used to my autistic daughter after 5 months of trying! she's fine with my (non autistic) Son but my little girl scares the heck out of her! LOL

0.1.0 Carolina Corn Snake 'Nagini', 4.8.0 Royal Pythons, 1.0.0 BRB, 1.0.0 Honduran BCI, 1.0.0 Yemen Chameleon 'Jasper' and 1.0.1 Beardies 'Snuggle' & 'Beanie'
Go to Top of Page

nusnakemum
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1612 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2011 :  20:04:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
its lovely that the kids get so much from their animals - my lad confidently gets Ernest out of his faun now - with me watching closely by - and is sooo into him and as for poor mrs T she gets cuddled lots !!

0.0.1 corn Ernest
0.1.0 leopard gecko Mrs T
1.0.0 anery Black Eyed Bill RIP Bill x
2.0.0 kids
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000