Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 surrey pet supplies - cheaper instore or online?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

hannah2016
Hatchling

United Kingdom
294 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2011 :  13:57:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
so i was going through the shopping list for my new royal and relised when shopping online you just cant tell the products size or qaulity. as a solution my mum suggested taking an over 1 hour trip just to get there and kinda making the day of it and get some lunch and do the shopping in the actual store. but i dont want to wast the fuel money or the time and effort to get there then finding out everythings so much more expencive. any one know??

1.0.0 corn snake - Flicka
1.0.0 Rainbow Boa - Luna

Simmy_82
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1272 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2011 :  14:22:17  Show Profile  Click to see Simmy_82's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
It tells you on the site the price in store and online etc

Well it used to...

0.1.0 - Cat - Tallulah
0.0.1 - Carolina Corn Snake - Lilith

Edited by - Simmy_82 on 09/12/2011 14:23:20
Go to Top of Page

garrie
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1148 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2011 :  14:25:26  Show Profile  Visit garrie's Homepage  Reply with Quote
A colleague of mine with a Royal uses SPS online a fair bit - product size is definitely something she has had "issues" with...in that the website doesn't tell you how big things are. She purchased a log/stump fairly cheaply, which turned out to be too big for her 3ft viv!! It did look amazing though.

^click for more pics^
Garrie - Halesworth, Suffolk. 1.0 AURYN (fire morph corn) 0.1 Puzzle (Cat)
Go to Top of Page

Mamma
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4494 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2011 :  14:34:08  Show Profile  Visit Mamma's Homepage  Reply with Quote
it does tell you on site. its cheaper to buy from in store but their delivery is 3.99. which you have to figure out if thats cheaper than paying petrol for the hr there then hr back.

Please feel free to add my photography page on facebook .... or check me out on deviantart :
https://www.facebook.com/groups/MaliskaRodgersPhotography/
http://maliskarodgers.deviantart.com/
Go to Top of Page

hannah2016
Hatchling

United Kingdom
294 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2011 :  14:52:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yeah, but thats what i mean by making a day of it, and id really like to go just so i can have a look at all that they have while i go by instead of having to search for just one thing over the internet if that make sense

1.0.0 Rainbow Boa - Luna

Go to Top of Page

Okeetee Mick
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2308 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2011 :  15:13:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hannah, I make the trip every couple of months (2hr round trip) and can assure you it is well worth it, especially now the new reptile dept is open for viewing and buying, so be careful you don't go home with a royal In all seriousness you won't be disappointed.

0.1.0 Okeetee (Sookie) 0.1.0 Powder (Luna) 0.1.0 Bloodred (Arlene) 0.1.0 Caramel Stripe (Tara)
0.1.0 Ghost (Crystal) 0.1.0 Caramel (Jessica) 0.1.0 Lavender Stripe (Portia) 1.0.0 Platinum (Godric)
0.1.0 Thayers King (Lettie Mae) 0.1.0 Albino Blairs King (Lorena) 0.1.0 Russian Ratsnakes (Pam)
0.1.0 Korean Ratsnake (Katerina) 1.0.0 Russian Ratsnake (Lafayette)
Go to Top of Page

hannah2016
Hatchling

United Kingdom
294 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2011 :  15:19:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
lol, id love to go snake shopping but im on limited money with just enough to shop for the royal i already bought and under the control of a snake-hating mother lol

1.0.0 Rainbow Boa - Luna

Go to Top of Page

hannah2016
Hatchling

United Kingdom
294 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2011 :  15:27:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Okeetee Mick

Hannah, I make the trip every couple of months (2hr round trip) and can assure you it is well worth it, especially now the new reptile dept is open for viewing and buying, so be careful you don't go home with a royal In all seriousness you won't be disappointed.

well, i guess i could sell some stuff to make more money to spend on another snake..... what types of snakes have they got - dependant on the price, you may see some pics of my new royal and possably something else. this is your fault!! im getting all excited now!!

1.0.0 Rainbow Boa - Luna

Go to Top of Page

Okeetee Mick
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2308 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2011 :  16:12:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The last time we went it had only been open for a couple of weeks and not completed, the majority of the snakes on show were royals, I know from speaking with them they were hoping to open fully in the following week or so. I know they now sell but I don't know exactly what stock is available at any given time. As said you will not be disappointed and perhaps mum will get the bug

0.1.0 Okeetee (Sookie) 0.1.0 Powder (Luna) 0.1.0 Bloodred (Arlene) 0.1.0 Caramel Stripe (Tara)
0.1.0 Ghost (Crystal) 0.1.0 Caramel (Jessica) 0.1.0 Lavender Stripe (Portia) 1.0.0 Platinum (Godric)
0.1.0 Thayers King (Lettie Mae) 0.1.0 Albino Blairs King (Lorena) 0.1.0 Russian Ratsnakes (Pam)
Go to Top of Page

hannah2016
Hatchling

United Kingdom
294 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2011 :  16:43:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
lol, no, we have tryed to take her fear in steps/stages. she even touched her, but now she's even more terrified. lol - dont know how that happend but it did. my dad wanted them as a child as his nabours used to keep slow worms (lol yeah, dont ask ). so he's much more opened minded when it comes to the snakes. the only thing hes ever said that could be taken in the wrong way (depends who your talking to) is ' quite a weird thing for a teenage girl to be interested in' - which is true :) but thats fine, iv been called alot worse then weird lol

1.0.0 Rainbow Boa - Luna

Go to Top of Page

Okeetee Mick
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2308 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2011 :  16:50:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hannah2016

lol, no, we have tryed to take her fear in steps/stages. she even touched her, but now she's even more terrified. lol - dont know how that happend but it did. my dad wanted them as a child as his nabours used to keep slow worms (lol yeah, dont ask ). so he's much more opened minded when it comes to the snakes. the only thing hes ever said that could be taken in the wrong way (depends who your talking to) is ' quite a weird thing for a teenage girl to be interested in' - which is true :) but thats fine, iv been called alot worse then weird lol

That takes me back, I tried to keep a slow worms years back but they always escaped, mind you a box in the garden shed wasn't particularly secure

Go to Top of Page

hannah2016
Hatchling

United Kingdom
294 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2011 :  17:52:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Okeetee Mick

quote:
Originally posted by hannah2016

That takes me back, I tried to keep a slow worms years back but they always escaped, mind you a box in the garden shed wasn't particularly secure

So are slow worms easy to keep? Are they just like snakes??

1.0.0 Rainbow Boa - Luna

Go to Top of Page

Okeetee Mick
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2308 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2011 :  18:54:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You may find this of interest http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anguis_fragilis

Go to Top of Page

hannah2016
Hatchling

United Kingdom
294 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2011 :  20:00:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No, I think Im fine with sticking with snakes lol

1.0.0 Rainbow Boa - Luna

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic