Possible regurge?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Molassive
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
31 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2011 :  13:49:07  Show Profile  Visit Molassive's Homepage  Click to see Molassive's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hi all, I'm a bit worried and could really use your help :(

When I did my spot clean and water change today I found what appears to be just the foot of Puff's last feed, and I'm wondering if this is a tiny bit of regurge or not? The reason I'm asking is he got fed his fuzzy 6 days ago and since then has pooed and everything else as normal, and from all the information I've read it's said that regurge happens within the first few days of eating? This is the first time I've ever found anything like this - Puff's been an excellent feeder since I got him in July. He's currently on 1 fuzzy a week, and due his next one tomorrow. The temps in the warm end of his viv are between 27-29 degrees C. He has plenty of hides and branches too. I always leave him at least 48 hours before handling. I'm not sure what's happened :( Am I doing something wrong?

I'll be leaving him 10 days and just changing his water, just in case it is regurge. But this seems a little unusual and I'm worried he'll fully regurge on his next feed :(

Thanks for reading x

0.0.1 Hypo Corn (Puff!)
3.0.0 Cats (Simba, Arthur and Henry)

Mort13
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5599 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2011 :  18:03:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Without wanting to sound gross,did it look like the part where the paw would be attached to the leg was digested? I only ask this as I've had a few paws and ears fall off pinkies and fuzzies before.

3.1.0 Corn snakes, 1.0.0 T-Albino Cape House Snake, 0.1.0 Western Hognose,
1.0.0 MBK, 0.1.0 Childrens Python, 1.0.0 Nicaraguan Dwarf Boas
0.0.1 Occelated Skink, 1.0.0 Leopard Gecko, 1.0.3 Tarantulas, 0.0.2 Damon diadema
1.0.0 C0ckatiel,

Go to Top of Page

Molassive
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
31 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2011 :  18:55:04  Show Profile  Visit Molassive's Homepage  Click to see Molassive's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
It sort of looked like a white blob with the paw attached to it, I've also had the delights of paws falling off before! It definitely looked like it had come out of the snake, and had an unpleasant smell to it.

0.0.1 Hypo Corn (Puff!)

Go to Top of Page

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2011 :  22:06:05  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
if its only a foot then chances are its dropped off the mouse before/during been eaten. The gross smell is because its been there for the last 6 days and starting to decompose

Forum - Guide to Cornsnake Morphs - Punnett Square Calculator - Breeder Directory
Go to Top of Page

Molassive
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
31 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2011 :  23:03:19  Show Profile  Visit Molassive's Homepage  Click to see Molassive's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Alright, I shall try not too worry too much and just keep an eye on his next feed. I assure you it wasn't in the viv yesterday and has not been in there decomposing, I do my spot checks every day and would definitely not let that happen :)

0.0.1 Hypo Corn (Puff!)

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000