New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

hannah2016
Hatchling

United Kingdom
294 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2011 :  17:14:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i really love blue tongued skinks and seeing its my birthday in a few of months i was hoping of maybe my parents would give me a little money to save up to get one. i was thinking leopard geckos instead for my first lizard, but i just want a blue tongued skink more
amyways, i was hoping to come across someone on here thats got one/had one/looked after one. the reason i like them so much is because people have shown them off to be real friendly, personal pets. is this true? i red about someone who had one as a pet and apparently when ever she entered the room, it would paw at the glass for her to go and get it. but the thing is, when ever i asked a reptile person what would they say was the most personal pet out of blue tongued skinks and beardies (did i spell that right?) hardly anyone said blue tongued skinks and said beardies were a better choice. i think im gonna go with blue tongued skinks regardless, just wanted others opinons.

1.0.0 corn snake - Flicka
1.0.0 Rainbow Boa - Luna

yola
Hatchling

United Kingdom
171 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2011 :  17:17:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've had blue tongue skinks for 20 yrs, we lost my oldest one 2 yrs ago at the ripe old age of 15, id had her since she was 1yrs old.
She ended up being my daughters (who's now 13), she looked after her from 5yrs old and fed her, bathed her, cleaned her out, obviously id make sure things were done right and gave her her calcium powder on locusts and fed her the mice and chopped the veg and fruit up for my daughter to give her. After she died my daughter saved for another one and my 8yr old son saved for one a yr ago and got a baby, hes called him Joshey after his half brother lol, he now has Fire millipeeds that he saved for too lol.
My kids love having all the weird animals that we have and are very proude of them, the Blue Tongue Skinks are always the first out when they want to show friends.
They need a special uv light to help them obsorbe the calcium, and obviously heat, food would be Fruit, Veg, defrosted mice, Locusts, they love raw egg, wet cat food as a treat.
Imo there a great first time lizzard and love being handled, ours used to scratch at the glass too to come out, i cant recomend them enough as iv never had any problems with them atall and the ones I have never ever bitten. I'll try and put a pic of our ones up later if you like hun

With 27 beautiful corns I definitely have snakeitus :-)
Go to Top of Page

hannah2016
Hatchling

United Kingdom
294 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2011 :  17:28:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
pics would be amazing!! thank you so much!! also, could i ask you how much they usually are? im not usually a lizard sort a person but iv found a real soft spot for thes little guys :)

1.0.0 corn snake - Flicka
1.0.0 Rainbow Boa - Luna

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000