Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

LittlestarRed
Egg

United Kingdom
99 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2011 :  17:23:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Some rep owners should just be shot, they give us all a bad name! It's stories like this that fuel the herp keeper haters and who could blame them when they see idiots like this feeding pet kittens to snakes! The poor Snake takes the blame again I see, the poor creature deserves an owner that will look after it properly! Making a video like that (no I didn't watch it) is just totally unnecessary and sick, I really hope they get shopped and banned from keeping any animals!!

0.1.0 Carolina Corn Snake 'Nagini', 4.8.0 Royal Pythons, 1.0.0 BRB, 1.0.0 Honduran BCI, 1.0.0 Yemen Chameleon 'Jasper' and 1.0.1 Beardies 'Snuggle' & 'Beanie'
Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2011 :  18:14:22  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Actually by looking at comments, none of the ones I've seen blame the snake, but the owners so that's good.

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page

awlred
Hatchling

United Kingdom
118 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2011 :  21:23:32  Show Profile  Visit awlred's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The thing that struck me is that cats have fracking sharp claws and teeth. Had the kitten not been distracted from the snake (that it had scene and known to be cautious of) it could have done a lot of damage to the snake.

I do think it's daft to distinguish between one animal or another simply by it's 'cuteness' coz I'd then say that rats are far less eatable than pugs if that's the case. ;)

0.0.1 Amel Corn Snake - Essfer
0.1.0 Wife Jules/Squeefluff
0.0.100s Coffee Things ;)
Milton Keynes, Bucks
Go to Top of Page

hillzi
The Lost boy.

United Kingdom
3984 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2011 :  19:30:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sun sent out to lynch up yet another group of society.

Just like the facade about the guy who left the burm alone in his garden which ate local Wilbur when he went for an exploration into the burm's garden.. who remembers that one?

Owners like this bring us down no wonder why so many people dislike snakes. Oh well life goes on.
Go to Top of Page

ILoveNoodleXD
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
42 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2011 :  19:09:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think it would be okay to feed pythons dead kittens/cats as long as they died of natural causes or had to be put down.

Go to Top of Page

adamasrc
Hatchling

United Kingdom
255 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2011 :  19:13:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
if they had to be put down they might still have the chemical (whatever it is) used to put them down in them?
i mean.. i'm no vet :P

0.1.0 Buttercorn (Molly)
1.0.0 Royal (Duke)
http://www.youtube.com/user/ReptilesQuest?feature=mhee
You there! subscribe to me!
Go to Top of Page

Thante
Hatchling

United Kingdom
301 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2011 :  20:19:54  Show Profile  Visit Thante's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I find it hard to say that feeding a snake a cat is wrong, obviously i don't agree with live feeding. But feeding a snake a cat is really no different to feeding them a rabbit.
What is sic however, is that the person who did this obviously gets pleasure out of hurting cats, and getting enjoyment out of hurting any animal is wrong and says a lot about what type of person they are.

0.1.0 Cherry - 09 Normal
1.0.0 Tequila - 09 Caramel Motley
Go to Top of Page

mikerichards
don't say the 'M' word!

United Kingdom
2901 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2011 :  10:10:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Never ever feed an animal that has been PTS, the snake will follow shortly after. Most vets use Barbiturates, sodium barbitol springs to mind.
That stuff will kill anything that breathes, quickly! Its what is used by the euthanasia groups in europe for people who want to die.
The lethal dose is crazy small, i know when one of our rats was done, he had enough to kill about 10 people, he was a tough little sod!

Go to Top of Page

mikerichards
don't say the 'M' word!

United Kingdom
2901 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2011 :  11:16:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Its pentobarbital that vets use.

Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2011 :  13:35:50  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by adamasrc

if they had to be put down they might still have the chemical (whatever it is) used to put them down in them?
i mean.. i'm no vet :P

I think they meant if they were going to be put down instead if being put down, killed in another humane way for snake food, not animals that were put down... Shame kitty and puppies eat meat though otherwise they may be a good sub for bunnies.

Go to Top of Page

Vince_the_snake
Yearling

United Kingdom
553 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2011 :  16:31:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is a kitten even good for snakes, surely they're mostly skin and bone?
I think that the crazy guy who did this needs to be put down more than any cat ever did!

Edited by - Vince_the_snake on 12/12/2011 17:48:56
Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2011 :  18:47:53  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by reptillian23

Is a kitten even good for snakes, surely they're mostly skin and bone?
I think that the crazy guy who did this needs to be put down more than any cat ever did!

Not so much skin and bones, its more that a meat eating animal is eating another, its not a very stable diet for most animals long term because of the loss of vitamins ect that happens.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000