Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 had enough of everyone bad-mouthing snakes!!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

hannah2016
Hatchling

United Kingdom
294 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2011 :  17:04:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
iv been so excited about looking/buying a royal tomorrow that i just cant shut up about it. i understand that some people have fears of snakes but i like to think i kinda educate people when i tell them there not these huge dangrouse man eating monsters everyone claims they are. some people love the sound of flicka so much that some of then have asked/ in the middle of getting one. then all of a sudden people start saying 'they all need there heads cut off' or 'id get one just so i can fling it around a room by its tail'. im not a big fan of cats but you dont see me walking around telling everyone how i'd plan on hurting them. im terrafide of spiders but when someone i knew whent and got one i sat there and let them talk about it, and even asked questions to sound intersted, instead of telling them what ireally thought about them. because i knew how excited he was and i didnt want to upset set him over somthing he loved. im starting to get really defensive over snakes because people wont even give them a chance.

sorry about the rant guys - just needed to get it out of my system.

1.0.0 corn snake - Flicka
1.0.0 Rainbow Boa - Luna

paulie78
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2331 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2011 :  17:53:12  Show Profile  Visit paulie78's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Dont let them get under your skin they are just more than likely talking like that because they are either scared or dont understand or are just saying it to get a reaction dont give them the satisfaction snakes like many other animals have a long and colourfull history of bad press and misinformation bit like rats really and some people just dont want to or are scared to confront there fears just concern yourself with being the best owner you can be to flicka and stuff what everyone else thinks

6.8.0 Corn Snakes http://buzzsprehistoricpets.yolasite.com/
1.1.0 Royal
0.2.0 Chinchillas
1.1.0 Cats
1.1.0 Birds
0.0.2 Fishtanks
0.0.1 Cali Kingsnake
Go to Top of Page

NaeLou
Egg

69 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2011 :  22:38:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What Paulie said!!

0.1.0 Snow Corn - Misssi
1.0.0 Cat - Sox
Go to Top of Page

Casta
Hatchling

United Kingdom
335 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2011 :  22:48:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
don't worry about it. me and my friend took our corns down the local after being pestered. it was only fair seeing as the dj brought his boa to show us but anyways, plenty of people who never thought they'd go anywhere near a snake and sneered when they found out what we'd brought, were craning over and even asking to hold them after a while. don't worry the wee there for half an hour before the place got noisy

Go to Top of Page

hillzi
The Lost boy.

United Kingdom
3984 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2011 :  23:01:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome to reality! Most people just don't like snakes unfortunately. Undereducated really.
Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2011 :  23:43:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Horrible slimey poisonous beasts, who can blame anyone for not liking such a deadly killing machine.

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Harlequin Crested Gecko HARLEY
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Giant Asian Forest Scorpion, SALLY.
Giant African Land Snails, SHELDON & MICHELLE.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://www.youtube.com/user/alocheeky
Go to Top of Page

nova1990
Yearling

United Kingdom
618 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2011 :  00:33:10  Show Profile  Click to see nova1990's MSN Messenger address  Send nova1990 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
hugs.. I get the same treatment from people, i'm known as the crazy animal person round my area cos i keep snakes tarantulas and fancy rats.. dont let it bother you though or let it stop you from getting you royal. people can be such fools sometimes eh?:)

Corn Snake - Ayame
Mexican Black Kingsnake - Ryuzaki
Bearded Dragon - Puff
Salmon pink Tarantula - Olivia
Antilles pinktoe Tarantula - MossChops

Ipswich, Suffolk
Go to Top of Page

nova1990
Yearling

United Kingdom
618 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2011 :  00:35:02  Show Profile  Click to see nova1990's MSN Messenger address  Send nova1990 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
so true horrible disgusting things.. only thing they are good for is spinning around your head and letting go!!

quote:
Originally posted by lotabob

Horrible slimey poisonous beasts, who can blame anyone for not liking such a deadly killing machine.

Corn Snake - Ayame
Mexican Black Kingsnake - Ryuzaki
Bearded Dragon - Puff
Salmon pink Tarantula - Olivia
Antilles pinktoe Tarantula - MossChops

Ipswich, Suffolk
Go to Top of Page

Midge
Hatchling

United Kingdom
203 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2011 :  11:13:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Casta

don't worry about it. me and my friend took our corns down the local after being pestered. it was only fair seeing as the dj brought his boa to show us but anyways, plenty of people who never thought they'd go anywhere near a snake and sneered when they found out what we'd brought, were craning over and even asking to hold them after a while. don't worry the wee there for half an hour before the place got noisy

I find it really funny because my mates were the same calling snakes horrible things but then when they come around the want to hold him and watch him eat!

1.0 CB11 Carolina Corn Snake - Naboo
1.0 CB10 Butter Motley Corn Snake - Rudi
0.1 CB09 Amel het Caramel, Stripe - Zumba
1.0 CB12 Phantom - Bollo
0.1 CB12 Diffused Powder - Rosie
0.1 CB12 Hypo Lavender - Lily
Go to Top of Page

Aegis
Hatchling

United Kingdom
282 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2011 :  11:25:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I know this feeling all to well. Just ignore them though, i had people messaging me on FB saying not to put on any more snake pics because it was disgusting, Instead of saying it back discreetly to get stuffed, i put a status up saying if you have a problem with MY pics on MY facebook, then delete me. Nobody did, i got lots of replies. But the people who told me to stop got deleted by me!

Same as family and friends, dont like my snake then dont come to my house.

People watch all these movies that make snakes look bad and think oh no thats not a pet! But wont give them the time of day to realise they arent! grr! Im with you on the rant lol

4.0.0 Kids (Hugh, Seamus, Athrun + JD)
1.0.0 Gingy cat (Fintan Stack)
0.1.0 Snow Corn (Karuza)

Go to Top of Page

Daniel_G
Egg

United Kingdom
83 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2011 :  13:01:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't understand why people have this idea of snakes being evil and wanting to eat you!

I bet their pet cat would eat them if they were mice!

Regards,
Dan

Still don't own a snake, roll on new year!!!
Go to Top of Page

hannah2016
Hatchling

United Kingdom
294 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2011 :  09:03:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ill be honest, i dont care what they say about snakes when im not in earshot but when they have to say it directly to my face i get kinda pee'd

1.0.0 corn snake - Flicka
1.0.0 Rainbow Boa - Luna

Go to Top of Page

Mort13
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5599 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2011 :  10:07:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You'll get used to it. It used to really wind me up to begin with. Its like water off a ducks back now though. I know what snakes are really like,the people that have issues are the uneducated ones so they can either learn or carry on being ignorant lol. Its their problem,not mine.
I put pics up on fb and as far as I'm concerned if any of my friends don't like the pics then they don't have to look. Saying that I have a friend who's petrified of snakes but on seeing my pics has asked if she can come round some time and look at them.

3.1.0 Corn snakes, 1.0.0 T-Albino Cape House Snake, 0.1.0 Western Hognose,
1.0.0 MBK, 0.1.0 Childrens Python, 1.0.0 Nicaraguan Dwarf Boas
0.0.1 Occelated Skink, 1.0.0 Leopard Gecko, 1.0.3 Tarantulas, 0.0.2 Damon diadema
1.0.0 C0ckatiel,

Go to Top of Page

Emmy1
Yearling

707 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2011 :  12:49:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That is called narrow mindedness. I have no time for people who don't attempt to understand what they know little about. It's because of this that they're afraid or unsure of snakes and the people who keep them.

Snakes are a symbol of deceit and evil in most media cultures, which often misguides people to the true identity of most snake personalities and as animals. After all, the people who invented such myths, legends and stories about snakes lived hundreds of years ago, when people knew extremely little of the animals that lived around them. They don't have legs and most grow to quite a size. Therefore tales of exagerated villianism would have sprouted and been passed down from generation to generation, then across seas as people began to travel.

Even now, it's evident that people still know very little about them. Almost every snake is venomous to those I meet who have little knowledge. Anmd they all grow to at least 20 ft and would kill a human at any chance... It's a shame, but it's just the reality we have to face as owners.

0.1.0 Anery Corn Snake
1.0.0 Normal Western Hognosed Snake
1.0.0 Albino California Kingsnake
1.1.0 Bearded Dragons (Wildtype, Hypo)
0.0.3 Shubunkin Goldfish
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000