Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

smart bunny
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5091 Posts

Posted - 27/11/2011 :  18:58:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow I cannot believe the difference, especially that 4th shed of 'no-name' and 5th of Jimmy! They are beautiful!

Go to Top of Page

yola
Hatchling

United Kingdom
171 Posts

Posted - 27/11/2011 :  23:12:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow and double wow manda88, congrats they are absolutely stunning, you must be very very proud . I want one
I love the lavenders, iv had a few that iv rehomed but unfortunatley died after a few months, dont know why as they seemed very health, eating, shedding, active and that and just died out of the blue, I was soooo upset , and one I got from Holland in may that went all quiet, so I quarantined him and a week later he died .
Iv got a really dark anery that carrys lavender so ill be breeding her with either my blizzard <dont know what I mite get with that) or my anery ph lavender.
How would you get hypo lavenders?

With 27 beautiful corns I definitely have snakeitus :-)
Go to Top of Page

manda88
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1002 Posts

Posted - 28/11/2011 :  10:04:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks guys! A good way of taking good pics is to use the lid of an egg box for the snakes to sit under, then lift it off and quickly snap a few pics!!
I am going to breed the parents again some day, probably not this coming season but the next, so keep your eye out for the advert! The three boys I sold to a shop are at a place called Surrey Water Gardens and Pet Centre, in Clandon. It's a great shop, I thoroughly recommend a visit if you're ever in the area!
Sorry to hear about your losses, Yola it's never nice to lose a pet, one of my frogs died a few months ago and I was distraught, he was so tiny and weak though I was expecting it, poor thing.
If you breed your anery het lavender to your blizzard, you'll get normals het anery amel charcoal poss het lavender, so some very cool projects! If you bred it to your anery poss het lavender then you'd get aneries poss het lavender and maybe anery lavenders if the poss het adult proves out!

Wanna know what animals I keep? Check out www.facebook.com/mnmreptiles :)

Go to Top of Page

I-love-my-snakes
Snake Mite

25 Posts

Posted - 28/11/2011 :  10:39:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I must admit I´ve never been a big fan of (hypo) lavenders, but these guys are just amazing, love their colors! Guess they prove that Lavender males usually are nicer colorwise than females...

Go to Top of Page

manda88
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1002 Posts

Posted - 28/11/2011 :  11:55:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by I-love-my-snakes

I must admit I´ve never been a big fan of (hypo) lavenders, but these guys are just amazing, love their colors! Guess they prove that Lavender males usually are nicer colorwise than females...

Definitely, although their one hypo lavender sister was absolutely gorgeous, at first she looked pretty bog standard but as she shed she just got prettier and prettier, unfortunately she was kinked so I rehomed her, I think she had 3 sheds with me before she left and she was gorgeous, I'm hoping that when I breed the parents again then they'll produce more than one female hypo lav, and hopefully one without kinks!
I forgot to answer Yola's question on how to produce hypo lavenders, sorry! Basically you'd need two snakes that are both either visually or het hypo and lavender, so the parents need to be either normal het hypo lavender, hypo het lavender, lavender het hypo or hypo lavenders. If you bred two normals het hypo lavender, you'll mostly get normal babies, a few lavenders and a few hypos with a small chance of producing a hypo lavender. If you bred two lavenders het hypo, most of the babies would be lavenders and a few would be hypo lavenders, or if you bred two hypos het lavender, you'd mostly get hypos and a few hypo lavenders. Or if you bred two hypo lavender parents then all of the babies would be hypo lavenders.
Obviously you can mix and match parents too, like a normal het hypo lavender to a lavender het hypo, but I'll be here forever explaining the outcome basically you get varying amounts of hypo lavenders with any of those pairings.

Go to Top of Page

Mort13
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5599 Posts

Posted - 28/11/2011 :  14:38:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Absolute stunners.
I'll help you out with the first as I know what to call him....MINE!!

3.1.0 Corn snakes, 1.0.0 T-Albino Cape House Snake, 0.1.0 Western Hognose,
1.0.0 MBK, 0.1.0 Childrens Python, 1.0.0 Nicaraguan Dwarf Boas
0.0.1 Occelated Skink, 1.0.0 Leopard Gecko, 1.0.3 Tarantulas, 0.0.2 Damon diadema
1.0.0 C0ckatiel,

Go to Top of Page

ScalySituation
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5292 Posts

Posted - 28/11/2011 :  14:41:21  Show Profile  Visit ScalySituation's Homepage  Click to see ScalySituation's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mort13

Absolute stunners.
I'll help you out with the first as I know what to call him....MINE!!

lol the least manda could do is name it mort :P x

1.0.0 Butter motley corn (Sheldon)
0.1.0 Caramel Corn (Maggie)
0.1.0 Caramel motley corn (Echo)
1.0.0 Cat (Angus)
1 mealworm colony
RIP Skye x
Sleep well Sonny, Mummy loves you xx
Go to Top of Page

EmSquem
Yearling

United Kingdom
525 Posts

Posted - 30/11/2011 :  16:05:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow, lovely snakes!

1.2.0 corns (Star, Eddie and Scarlet)
1.0.0 Sinaloan milk snake (Harry)
1.1.0 Black Labrador (Berry and Buddy)
Go to Top of Page

glynjones
Egg

United Kingdom
92 Posts

Posted - 30/11/2011 :  17:46:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi All
I agree with Manda, every one should have a Lavender....I got mine a month ago.
The colours are fantastic, although after several attempts trying to photograph Nelson i still have not managed one any where near as good as yours.
Are we in danger of begining the Lavender appreation society?

Glyn

1.1.0 Marge (Amel)
Nelson (Lavender)
Go to Top of Page

manda88
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1002 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2011 :  09:30:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
He needs a really awesome name, like a God's name or something, but I can't think of one cool enough haha, Zeus doesn't suit him and I'm not clever enough to think of any others, so I'll have to look them up.
Mort, next time I breed the parents I'll let you know if there are any more like him and that's if I don't keep them all for myself!
Everyone should definitely have a lavender, they're just so awesome! You just need to like the colours pink and purple We should soooo create a lavender appreciation society page on Facebook! Maybe I'll do one today and then post it to the corn snake FB page so everyone can join

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000