Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

hillzi
The Lost boy.

United Kingdom
3984 Posts

Posted - 23/11/2011 :  17:14:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Picking up mine tomorrow..

Just would kinda like a list of what to look out for on a used bike?

getting it from a dealership so it shouldn't be too bad... it's a 125 though I'm not allowed on motorways.

a Honda CBF125M-9 for anyone interested, it's done 2.5k miles and gonna cost me £1899.

marc_sg
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1504 Posts

Posted - 23/11/2011 :  19:47:34  Show Profile  Send marc_sg an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Not bad prefer 900 thou lol

0.1.0 Amels (sid) 1.0.0 carolina stripe (simon)0.1.0 ghost (silva) 1.1.0 diffused/bloodreds (scarlet and samson)
1.0 staffy x beagle
soon to have female pin royal

R.I.P SHELLY
Go to Top of Page

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 23/11/2011 :  20:00:41  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
make sure its got a wheel at the front and another at the back :)

Forum - Guide to Cornsnake Morphs - Punnett Square Calculator - Breeder Directory
Go to Top of Page

Casta
Hatchling

United Kingdom
335 Posts

Posted - 23/11/2011 :  20:14:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
go for a honda cg. mine is 2 years younger than me and is reliable to the end

Go to Top of Page

hillzi
The Lost boy.

United Kingdom
3984 Posts

Posted - 23/11/2011 :  22:55:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
unfortunately I'm can only ride a 125 price doesn't matter to me.

haha very funny Ian!

What should I look for when buying a used bike? Have googled but it goes on, and on..
Go to Top of Page

mikerichards
don't say the 'M' word!

United Kingdom
2901 Posts

Posted - 24/11/2011 :  10:32:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Make sure its been serviced by a dealer, especially the first service. Make sure it runs ok, doesnt sound like its struggling, make sure tyres are ok, brakes are ok, make sure its had an oil and filter change (should have been done on the first service).
Check for rust on the forks, look for any obvious signs of damage, something to indicate it may have been put down.
TBH, theres not a lot to look at on a bike, especially a 125, they are very simple machines!

Go to Top of Page

Kath
Yearling

United Kingdom
697 Posts

Posted - 24/11/2011 :  15:04:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hope it's all ok hillzi. I used to have a Suzuki 250cc, loved it but had to sell it to get some much needed cash. Would love another 1 but, unless I win lottery, finances are never gonna stretch to 1!

It was brill tho, very exhilarating sticking to speed limit. haha as if!!

Go to Top of Page

hillzi
The Lost boy.

United Kingdom
3984 Posts

Posted - 24/11/2011 :  16:50:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Check my flickr, my two wheeled dream machine is up there, it's coming Monday! aaahh!!

tyres, brakes were fine! treads were 6mm deep, the front one is a very new tyre anyway! The dealership is servicing and changing oil for me before it comes anyway! No rust on forks either! No scrapes or dents!

So chuffed!
Go to Top of Page

Okeetee Mick
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2308 Posts

Posted - 24/11/2011 :  17:41:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just be bloody careful.

0.1.0 Okeetee (Sookie) 0.1.0 Powder (Luna) 0.1.0 Bloodred (Arlene) 0.1.0 Caramel Stripe (Tara)
0.1.0 Ghost (Crystal) 0.1.0 Caramel (Jessica) 0.1.0 Lavender Stripe (Portia) 1.0.0 Platinum (Godric)
0.1.0 Thayers King (Lettie Mae) 0.1.0 Albino Blairs King (Lorena) 0.1.0 Russian Ratsnakes (Pam)
0.1.0 Korean Ratsnake (Katerina) 1.0.0 Russian Ratsnake (Lafayette)
Go to Top of Page

hillzi
The Lost boy.

United Kingdom
3984 Posts

Posted - 24/11/2011 :  17:46:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Okeetee Mick

Just be bloody careful.

I've been having this the past week, from my parents, my girlfriend, my mates! Will be getting a car in 8 months anyway! I will be used mainly one road, which is literally a straight, which takes me from my house to college and work. It's an A road so no rediculous speeds, there are no blind bends on any routes around here I'd use!

Realised about cost of things no matter how expensive things are I cannot put a price on my life. I'd rather right off a 2 grand bike than die. I'm not planning on doing that any time soon!
Go to Top of Page

Okeetee Mick
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2308 Posts

Posted - 24/11/2011 :  18:01:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You sound an extremely sensible fella, I rode bikes for many years without too many knocks but sadly my daughters work mate was killed just a few weeks back at only 19. To see so many flowers by the road side was just so sad, so as I say be careful.

0.1.0 Okeetee (Sookie) 0.1.0 Powder (Luna) 0.1.0 Bloodred (Arlene) 0.1.0 Caramel Stripe (Tara)
0.1.0 Ghost (Crystal) 0.1.0 Caramel (Jessica) 0.1.0 Lavender Stripe (Portia) 1.0.0 Platinum (Godric)
0.1.0 Thayers King (Lettie Mae) 0.1.0 Albino Blairs King (Lorena) 0.1.0 Russian Ratsnakes (Pam)
0.1.0 Korean Ratsnake (Katerina) 1.0.0 Russian Ratsnake (Lafayette)
Go to Top of Page

mikerichards
don't say the 'M' word!

United Kingdom
2901 Posts

Posted - 24/11/2011 :  18:24:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As Mick says, be careful!! Ironically its not you thats the problem, its the car drivers that think they have more right of way than you do!!!

Go to Top of Page

hillzi
The Lost boy.

United Kingdom
3984 Posts

Posted - 24/11/2011 :  21:47:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cheers Mick. I like to think I am!

Exactly Mike the only problem where I live is theres a lot of dopey old codgers! Should be okay cutting through town though it's mostly gridlocked anyway at the times I'd be going in, and out!

Learnt a good lesson tonight to, ride defensively and as if everyone else is out to kill me!
Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 26/11/2011 :  02:03:36  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Get a couple small bags to fit on the handlebars, one full of nice steel penny washers, the other to fill with old golf balls.
Any cars get to close just drop a golfball straight down, it bounces up at bonnet height. If that doesn't work, then a flick up the air with a couple of penny washers, and when they come raining down onto the bonnet/windscreen of the car behind then that makes them back off.

Also, watch out for women driving silver mercedes, and nearly ALL BMW drivers. It seems as they have massive manufacturing defects as the indicators never work on them, so I'd try to develop some kind of pyschic abilities if there's many near you.

Also, Bikes FTMFW, keep going with them and you then might get to remove your leper plates as well.

Here's ours that currently live in the driveway:

One more thing, if you cannot get your footpegs grinding off the deck when cornering, then you obviously aren't leaning enough.
Or if by the design of the bike it's impossible (such as the hornet in the pic above) then make sure you use the entire width of the tyre.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000