New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Kez
Hatchling

United Kingdom
378 Posts

Posted - 22/11/2011 :  13:42:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
LOL, so for anyone who watches I'm a Celebrity and saw last night's episode, you will have seen the clip where Mark Wright from TOWIE shouts out to Dougie that there's a snake under his bed and then proceeds to shout even louder that it's a snake eating a rat (which turned out to be a bandicoot). Shortly after, the 'Security' are sent into camp to remove the 'offending' creature, which I personally thought was wrong, that's where it's supposed to be, living it's life and hunting it's food and surely, all part of the experience the 'celebrities' are supposed to be enjoying!!! A lot of people would argue it was the most entertaining part of the program Anyway, I'm no expert on snakes but even I recognised it as a Carpet Python

I must confess I got quite annoyed this morning when I saw a link on the MSN homepage which read something like 'I'm a Celebrity Jungle Has Deadly Poisonous Snake' . I mean, honestly, who writes these articles?! It even went on to say that it was a poisonous python, despite then naming it as the Carpet Python. Surely anyone would know that Pythons are constrictors and not poisonous, even if you don't like them. It really doesn't help the poor creature's reputation for those people who are scared of them

0.1.0 - CB10 Creamsicle - Maisie
0.1.0 - CB10 Ultramel Motley - Smudge
1.0.0 - Leopard Gecko - Ziggy
1.0.0 - Crested Gecko - Koji
0.0.1 - Chahoua - Chewie
0.1.0 - Rescue Greyhound - Becki

paulie78
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2331 Posts

Posted - 22/11/2011 :  14:01:13  Show Profile  Visit paulie78's Homepage  Reply with Quote
i completely agree what also annoys me is before they steup camp they have experts go in and relocate any animals the find eg snakes lizards spiders etc obviously they cant get them all but the majority of them are relocated ugh cant say i agree with that to be honest certainly not in the name of entertainment anyway

6.8.0 Corn Snakes http://buzzsprehistoricpets.yolasite.com/
1.1.0 Royal
0.2.0 Chinchillas
1.1.0 Cats
1.1.0 Birds
0.0.2 Fishtanks
0.0.1 Cali Kingsnake
Go to Top of Page

kdlang
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3556 Posts

Posted - 22/11/2011 :  14:10:51  Show Profile  Click to see kdlang's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I think I would prefer to share my camp with the snakes than any rats that venture in lol

4.1.0 corns - Izzy (Carolina) Alice (Amel) Peanut (Butter Motley) Swayze (Ghost) Carmellia (Butter Motley)
0.1.0 cat - Kizzy
1.0.0 Dog - Dobbie
Location - Chesterfield, Derbyshire

www.support-dogs.org.uk
Go to Top of Page

paulie78
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2331 Posts

Posted - 22/11/2011 :  14:22:13  Show Profile  Visit paulie78's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by kdlang

I think I would prefer to share my camp with the snakes than any rats that venture in lol

the snakes and spiders wouldnt bother me one bit i'd probably end up naming them all but the spiders omg id be screeching like sinita!!

1.1.0 Royal
0.2.0 Chinchillas
1.1.0 Cats
1.1.0 Birds
0.0.2 Fishtanks
0.0.1 Cali Kingsnake
Go to Top of Page

paulie78
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2331 Posts

Posted - 22/11/2011 :  14:31:11  Show Profile  Visit paulie78's Homepage  Reply with Quote
oops typoed that should read the snakes and rats*

1.1.0 Royal
0.2.0 Chinchillas
1.1.0 Cats
1.1.0 Birds
0.0.2 Fishtanks
0.0.1 Cali Kingsnake
Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 22/11/2011 :  14:48:39  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
i'm pretty damn sure they're not 'poisonous'........even if eaten!!

bl***y media.............

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 22/11/2011 :  17:02:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by gingerpony

i'm pretty damn sure they're not 'poisonous'........even if eaten!!

bl***y media.............

Glad you picked up that bit too, I HATE it when they are called poisonous, (Cobra's aren't poisonous even Pit Vipers aren't poisonous).

It is definitely a field wildly misunderstood by the media, the word deadly is thrown around far too much.

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Harlequin Crested Gecko HARLEY
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Giant Asian Forest Scorpion, SALLY.
Giant African Land Snails, SHELDON & MICHELLE.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://www.youtube.com/user/alocheeky

Edited by - lotabob on 22/11/2011 17:03:20
Go to Top of Page

Vince_the_snake
Yearling

United Kingdom
553 Posts

Posted - 22/11/2011 :  17:28:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When the media here the word snake they immediately think poisonous (even though no snakes are poisonous they're venomous) They don't bother to see if pythons aren't venomous. I would love to have a snake eating a rat in my camp - especially because that would mean it wouldn't be hungry!
Go to Top of Page

Mamma
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4494 Posts

Posted - 22/11/2011 :  17:40:03  Show Profile  Visit Mamma's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by paulie78

what also annoys me is

That sentence should have ended that this programme is still going. And that people actually watch it

Please feel free to add my photography page on facebook .... or check me out on deviantart :
https://www.facebook.com/groups/MaliskaRodgersPhotography/
http://maliskarodgers.deviantart.com/
Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 22/11/2011 :  17:56:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mamma

quote:

what also annoys me is

That sentence should have ended that this programme is still going. And that people actually watch it

That is hitting the nail on the head.

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

Go to Top of Page

paulie78
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2331 Posts

Posted - 22/11/2011 :  18:00:33  Show Profile  Visit paulie78's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by lotabob

quote:

quote:

what also annoys me is

I agree with this totally lol i hate all "reality" tv shows what real about sticking a bunch of people/celebs in a strange place together making them do stupid tasks and making them bitch about each other as far as i can tell thats about as far away from reality as you can get its carefully structured to maximise bitching and animosity then even more carefully editied to make it all look much worse and "entertaining" ugh give me the Discovery channel anyday!!

1.1.0 Royal
0.2.0 Chinchillas
1.1.0 Cats
1.1.0 Birds
0.0.2 Fishtanks
0.0.1 Cali Kingsnake
Go to Top of Page

Mamma
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4494 Posts

Posted - 22/11/2011 :  18:06:51  Show Profile  Visit Mamma's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

what also annoys me is

I agree with this totally lol i hate all "reality" tv shows what real about sticking a bunch of people/celebs in a strange place together making them do stupid tasks and making them bitch about each other as far as i can tell thats about as far away from reality as you can get its carefully structured to maximise bitching and animosity then even more carefully editied to make it all look much worse and "entertaining" ugh give me the Discovery channel anyday!!

Have you seen battle royale? THATS what they should do with them all much more entertaining. I might actually watch it if they did it like that

Please feel free to add my photography page on facebook .... or check me out on deviantart :
https://www.facebook.com/groups/MaliskaRodgersPhotography/
http://maliskarodgers.deviantart.com/
Go to Top of Page

paulie78
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2331 Posts

Posted - 22/11/2011 :  18:38:24  Show Profile  Visit paulie78's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

what also annoys me is

Have you seen battle royale? THATS what they should do with them all much more entertaining. I might actually watch it if they did it like that

Yuppers i have both of those on dvd first ones the best though lol i love cine asia stuff

1.1.0 Royal
0.2.0 Chinchillas
1.1.0 Cats
1.1.0 Birds
0.0.2 Fishtanks
0.0.1 Cali Kingsnake
Go to Top of Page

smiffy89
Hatchling

United Kingdom
342 Posts

Posted - 22/11/2011 :  19:24:25  Show Profile  Click to see smiffy89's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
ever time me n the missis watch the program n see the different snakes she asks what type of snakes they are are n i allways say ....its a so n so snake it going in that new viv stack next year lol
Go to Top of Page

jonoandapril
Hatchling

United Kingdom
171 Posts

Posted - 23/11/2011 :  09:56:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
haha, best let the mrs know not to handle our carpet now that they've been given 'deadly' catagorisation! my little 2 year old will be gutted he cant play with his favorite snake now! what utter wussies!

1x amel corn (tango)
1x carolina corn (pepsi)
1x carpet python (butch)
1x normal royal (rachel)
1x bumblebee royal
wishlist: abbotts okeetee female, crawl cay boa, emerald tree boa
Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 23/11/2011 :  10:54:54  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Kinda answered your own question there lol. The vast majority of people who watch that show are idiots, so msn writes the news about the show for, idiots. The fact is, tehy can get away with what ever they like and what will generate page views because most people won't pick on the info being wrong, and exgerrated facts and lies sell better than "a harmless snake was eating a rat".

I would have though the idea of being in a bloody jungel is that you see all these animals and creepy crawlies? Guess no moron that appears on the show will get killed by a dadly animal then.

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page

coxymk2
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1245 Posts

Posted - 23/11/2011 :  13:49:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Have heard they are opening a harrods in the camp site to make it more realistic lol

0.0.1 ANERY (Liquorice)
0.0.1 CAROLINA (Bangle)
0.0.1 AMEL (Boozer)
Go to Top of Page

awlred
Hatchling

United Kingdom
118 Posts

Posted - 24/11/2011 :  14:23:45  Show Profile  Visit awlred's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The stupidity of this reached a further level this morning; on GMTV(don't ask why I was watching it, I don't know myself) but some burke on there described the Carpet Python as "one of the deadliest snakes on the planet". Better be careful if you've got one as a pet, obviously a 6ft constrictor is a potential people eater!!!

0.0.1 Amel Corn Snake - Essfer
0.1.0 Wife Jules/Squeefluff
0.0.100s Coffee Things ;)
Milton Keynes, Bucks
Go to Top of Page

Kath
Yearling

United Kingdom
697 Posts

Posted - 24/11/2011 :  15:06:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't watch this prog coz it makes me feel sick (when I've seen clips of it), don't agree with what they do to animals (alive or those they are eating) & there are no celebrities on it!!

Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 24/11/2011 :  16:32:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by awlred

The stupidity of this reached a further level this morning; on GMTV(don't ask why I was watching it, I don't know myself) but some burke on there described the Carpet Python as "one of the deadliest snakes on the planet". Better be careful if you've got one as a pet, obviously a 6ft constrictor is a potential people eater!!!

Oh rubbish I better cancel my plans to get one for my big vivarium.

Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Budwing Mantis, MAIA

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000