Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Mort13
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5599 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2011 :  16:14:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I got up today as normal,took the kids school and then returned home to do my usual snake checks. I looked at Loki's viv and got the most horrible stomach churning feeling imaginable.....his viv was open slightly!
I turfed out the contents and he was nowhere to be found,blind panic followed. Where could he have got to? (its an old house with lots of noks and crannies),how the hell am I going to tell the kids? I rang my sister to say I wouldn't be seeing her and my mum today as he'd escaped and they both came round to help me look for him (good job really as I could hardly see through the tears)
After 45 minutes of trashing the living room my sister called me over to a large bag of aspen,she'd found him! God I've never been so happy to see a snake. This time I had tears from sheer joy and relief! I didn't want to let go of him.
Needless to say,my sister has been almost cuddled to death today and we decided a drink was in order afterwards.

3.1.0 Corn snakes, 1.0.0 T-Albino Cape House Snake, 0.1.0 Western Hognose,
1.0.0 MBK, 0.1.0 Childrens Python, 1.0.0 Nicaraguan Dwarf Boas
0.0.1 Occelated Skink, 1.0.0 Leopard Gecko, 1.0.3 Tarantulas, 0.0.2 Damon diadema
1.0.0 C0ckatiel,

garrie
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1148 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2011 :  16:27:32  Show Profile  Visit garrie's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Phew! I recently had that gut wrenching feeling too - so pleased Loki was found...and in a bag of Aspen too?!?

^click for more pics^
Garrie - Halesworth, Suffolk. 1.0 AURYN (fire morph corn) 0.1 Puzzle (Cat)
Go to Top of Page

Okeetee Mick
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2308 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2011 :  16:39:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So glad you found him safe and well

0.1.0 Okeetee (Sookie) 0.1.0 Powder (Luna) 0.1.0 Bloodred (Arlene) 0.1.0 Caramel Stripe (Tara)
0.1.0 Ghost (Crystal) 0.1.0 Caramel (Jessica) 0.1.0 Lavender Stripe (Portia) 1.0.0 Platinum (Godric)
0.1.0 Thayers King (Lettie Mae) 0.1.0 Albino Blairs King (Lorena) 0.1.0 Russian Ratsnakes (Pam)
0.1.0 Korean Ratsnake (Katerina) 1.0.0 Russian Ratsnake (Lafayette)
Go to Top of Page

Mort13
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5599 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2011 :  16:39:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by garrie

Phew! I recently had that gut wrenching feeling too - so pleased Loki was found...and in a bag of Aspen too?!?

Horrible isn't it. I've had the odd moment before,but thats just been them hiding in their viv/tub. This is my first actual escape.
Obviously they must be happy with the aspen bedding though!

0.0.1 Occelated Skink, 1.0.0 Leopard Gecko, 1.0.3 Tarantulas, 0.0.2 Damon diadema
1.0.0 C0ckatiel,

Go to Top of Page

Mort13
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5599 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2011 :  16:42:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Okeetee Mick

So glad you found him safe and well

Thankyou,I got myself in a right state. I'm picking up another tomorrow and I don't know if I could have done it if I hadn't have found him. Not only is he the first snake I've owned,he's the kids too!

1.0.0 C0ckatiel,

Go to Top of Page

paulie78
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2331 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2011 :  16:47:08  Show Profile  Visit paulie78's Homepage  Reply with Quote
omg thank god you found him bet you were distraught i know i would be omg its my worst fear come true

6.8.0 Corn Snakes http://buzzsprehistoricpets.yolasite.com/
1.1.0 Royal
0.2.0 Chinchillas
1.1.0 Cats
1.1.0 Birds
0.0.2 Fishtanks
0.0.1 Cali Kingsnake
Go to Top of Page

Hissyfit
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2214 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2011 :  16:47:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Glad you found him safe and well It's got to be the worst feeling in the world.

Go to Top of Page

thistle
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1757 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2011 :  17:02:40  Show Profile  Visit thistle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thank goodness your sister managed to find him.

I know exactly how you must have felt. I lost my little anery lavender hatchling, Bailey, for a good 30 minutes one night, after he somehow managed to slip past me without me noticing, that'll teach me not to try handling him at 4am. Fortunately the big outside world, my bedroom, was obviously a bit too scary for him. After I'd completely emptied his terrarium, moved all the furniture in my bedroom, basically turned my room upside down (my downstairs neighbours must have loved me that night) I knelt back on the floor wondering what to do next, looked down and there he was, on the floor in front of me. He didn't even try to get away when I picked him up, he seemed as relieved as I was to get him back in his terrarium.

He obviously learned something from that though because before that night he was always a nightmare to get hold of, with me having to chase him around his tank to catch him. But since then he always just stays still and let's me pick him up without a problem.

2.0.0 Dogs (westie Angus, shih tzu Archie)
0.5.0 African Pygmy Hedgehogs (Harriet, Amelia, Matilda, Jemima, Maisie) RIP Hector
0.4.0 Guinea Pigs (Isobel, Effy, Mrs Mack & Sheila)
1.0.0 Lutino C0ckatiel (Sammy)
3.0.0 Corn Snakes - CB10 Amel (Barnaby), CB11 Anery Lavender (Bailey), CB10 Caramel Motley (Bradley)
0.1.0 CB11 Western Hognose Snake (Maggie)
Go to Top of Page

tordyjo
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2036 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2011 :  17:15:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
phew at least you found him, i was thinking the same about the aspen, he must like it and approve of it as bedding, or saw the aspen and though ahhhhh bed..

LillyCrystalHarry
1.2.0 corns, 1.1.0 cats tropical guppies who continually breed

Go to Top of Page

Casta
Hatchling

United Kingdom
335 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2011 :  17:54:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
god forbid if casta ever go out. far too much stuff in my room. very glad you got him again

Go to Top of Page

Emmy1
Yearling

707 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2011 :  18:10:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Aww so pleased you found him straight away. It's been a month and a week or so since I've seen my Shoezy :'(

0.1.0 Anery Corn Snake
1.0.0 Normal Western Hognosed Snake
1.0.0 Albino California Kingsnake
1.1.0 Bearded Dragons (Wildtype, Hypo)
0.0.3 Shubunkin Goldfish
Go to Top of Page

Kez
Hatchling

United Kingdom
378 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2011 :  21:26:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh no, that must have been awful. I'm really pleased you found him before the kids got home

0.1.0 - CB10 Creamsicle - Maisie
0.1.0 - CB10 Ultramel Motley - Smudge
1.0.0 - Leopard Gecko - Ziggy
1.0.0 - Crested Gecko - Koji
0.0.1 - Chahoua - Chewie
0.1.0 - Rescue Greyhound - Becki
Go to Top of Page

scottishbluebird
it is all my fault

United Kingdom
8403 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2011 :  21:59:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Very lucky, well done sis!

0.1.0 Corn - Kellogs
1.0.0 Hognose - Storm
0.1.0 Staffy - Lyla
1.0.0 Spaffy(staffy x springer)-Spyro
1.0.0 Ferret - Peanut R.I.P
0.1.0 Crestie - Fudge. Wish List - Pygmy hedgehog. Tropiocolotes
Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2011 :  22:13:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
EEK poor you, I'm not surprised you were upset. So glad he was found.

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Harlequin Crested Gecko HARLEY
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Giant Asian Forest Scorpion, SALLY.
Giant African Land Snails, SHELDON & MICHELLE.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://www.youtube.com/user/alocheeky
Go to Top of Page

Mort13
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5599 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2011 :  08:49:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Emmy1

Aww so pleased you found him straight away. It's been a month and a week or so since I've seen my Shoezy :'(

I think I'd be on the verge of a breakdown if I had to go through what you are going through,my heart really does go out to you and I hope he turns up soon
I was in a total state yesterday,convinced I wouldn't find him after spotting 2 holes at the back of the fire that lead into the wall and noticing quite a large gap at the bottom of the door leading to the hallway. Was all set to start night vigils with plastic bags and torches!
I love my sister so much!!

1.0.0 C0ckatiel,

Go to Top of Page

Daniel_G
Egg

United Kingdom
83 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2011 :  09:04:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Phew, at least you found him!
I only seem to get that feeling when i see a pet of mine which is about to die (Had far too many pets die in my cupped hands...) But if a snake got away from a it's viv in my house, i doubt i'd find it!

Now time for another escapee eh? ;)

Regards,
Dan

Still don't own a snake, roll on new year!!!
Go to Top of Page

stuart619
Hatchling

United Kingdom
230 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2011 :  09:10:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Phew, So glad you found him. It goes as a warning to everyone I think. It only takes one small mistake and even the most experienced keeper can make them.

Go to Top of Page

LittlestarRed
Egg

United Kingdom
99 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2011 :  19:58:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank goodness your sister found him! So glad he turned up! Having a snake escape is something I dread! I was halfway to my Dad's one afternoon when I turned around and came home as I had a strange feeling I might not have done both clips up on the Royal's RUB! Got back to find it safe and secure, but there's no way I could have carried on my journey without checking! My Dad laughed at me when I told him why I was late! LOL

@Emmy1 I hope Shoezy turns up soon! ((hugs)) :(

0.1.0 Carolina Corn Snake 'Nagini', 4.8.0 Royal Pythons, 1.0.0 BRB, 1.0.0 Honduran BCI, 1.0.0 Yemen Chameleon 'Jasper' and 1.0.1 Beardies 'Snuggle' & 'Beanie'
Go to Top of Page

Mort13
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5599 Posts

Posted - 13/11/2011 :  09:31:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thats it,it really is the tiniest mistake that can have such a bad outcome. The annoying thing is I'm not 100% on how it happened. The door was open a little,did I not put the wedge between the doors,or did I forget to put the wedge in in the first place? I haven't a clue,but I do know it was shut so the little monkey has pushed it open!
Lol,LittlestarRed,I bet you made your dads day with that. I've not heard the end of the snake hunting episode from my mum and sis.

1.0.0 C0ckatiel,

Go to Top of Page

LittlestarRed
Egg

United Kingdom
99 Posts

Posted - 13/11/2011 :  09:49:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah he does tease me about it! LOL You might never work out how the escape happened, but I hope you never have to go through that situation again!!
quote:
Originally posted by Mort13

Thats it,it really is the tiniest mistake that can have such a bad outcome. The annoying thing is I'm not 100% on how it happened. The door was open a little,did I not put the wedge between the doors,or did I forget to put the wedge in in the first place? I haven't a clue,but I do know it was shut so the little monkey has pushed it open!
Lol,LittlestarRed,I bet you made your dads day with that. I've not heard the end of the snake hunting episode from my mum and sis.

0.1.0 Carolina Corn Snake 'Nagini', 4.8.0 Royal Pythons, 1.0.0 BRB, 1.0.0 Honduran BCI, 1.0.0 Yemen Chameleon 'Jasper' and 1.0.1 Beardies 'Snuggle' & 'Beanie'
Go to Top of Page

nusnakemum
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1612 Posts

Posted - 13/11/2011 :  20:05:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thank goodness he is safe Mort, and fingers crossed Shoezy turns up safe and sound too Emmy x

0.0.1 corn Ernest
0.1.0 leopard gecko Mrs T
1.0.0 anery Black Eyed Bill RIP Bill x
2.0.0 kids
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000