New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

suz62
Hatchling

United Kingdom
117 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2011 :  04:01:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi peeps, wanted to get some advice please. My lovely docile non aggressive corn Sylvester has become really aggressive and tags me everytime I go into his viv. Also when being handled he is very agitated,when before he was docile and calm. I wondered if anyone could think of a reason for the change? Nothing has changed for him, same viv, same food, same location etc, his viv is fine right temp, lots of hidy holes all as it should be. He is just coming up for a year old would that be anything to do with it? Thanks guys

suze

Mamma
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4494 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2011 :  08:50:29  Show Profile  Visit Mamma's Homepage  Reply with Quote
try thr scent trick. Carry a sock around with you for 24/48 hours and them pop it in his viv. Having your scent around him might help him be more calm when you are handling.

Please feel free to add my photography page on facebook .... or check me out on deviantart :
https://www.facebook.com/groups/MaliskaRodgersPhotography/
http://maliskarodgers.deviantart.com/
Go to Top of Page

Mort13
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5599 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2011 :  09:36:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How long has he been behaving like this? Could he possibly be in shed?

3.1.0 Corn snakes, 1.0.0 T-Albino Cape House Snake, 0.1.0 Western Hognose,
1.0.0 MBK, 0.1.0 Childrens Python, 1.0.0 Nicaraguan Dwarf Boas
0.0.1 Occelated Skink, 1.0.0 Leopard Gecko, 1.0.3 Tarantulas, 0.0.2 Damon diadema
1.0.0 C0ckatiel,

Go to Top of Page

suz62
Hatchling

United Kingdom
117 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2011 :  12:13:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Mort, he has been like this for 3-4 weeks, he doesn't appear blue tho.

Suze
Go to Top of Page

Okeetee Mick
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2308 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2011 :  14:30:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My Sookie has always tried to tag anybody that goes near her faun, great when being handled but a cow to get out Tried Mamma's scent trick sadly to no avail so my wife decided the only way was to MAKE her get use to being taken out, so she has been in and out of her faun eight times within a one hour period all this week and slowly, very slowly she is getting better. I think she simply does not like anybody in her space, come to think of it I don't either

0.1.0 Okeetee (Sookie) 0.1.0 Powder (Luna) 0.1.0 Bloodred (Arlene) 0.1.0 Caramel Stripe (Tara)
0.1.0 Ghost (Crystal) 0.1.0 Caramel (Jessica) 0.1.0 Lavender Stripe (Portia) 1.0.0 Platinum (Godric)
0.1.0 Thayers King (Lettie Mae) 0.1.0 Albino Blairs King (Lorena) 0.1.0 Russian Ratsnakes (Pam)
0.1.0 Korean Ratsnake (Katerina) 1.0.0 Russian Ratsnake (Lafayette)

Edited by - Okeetee Mick on 11/11/2011 14:31:18
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000