Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2011 :  23:07:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There is a youtube video showing a live feed of a mouse and the mouse take a bite and dies in about 2 seconds.

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Harlequin Crested Gecko HARLEY
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Giant Asian Forest Scorpion, SALLY.
Giant African Land Snails, SHELDON & MICHELLE.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://www.youtube.com/user/alocheeky
Go to Top of Page

c00ki3z
Hatchling

United Kingdom
101 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2011 :  00:47:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My OH wants one for this collection just for the comical threat posture. This is a T you never should hold so you're brave if you do, I've read someone's post online who got bit five times in two seconds...

1.0 Fire Corn Snake (Solaire)
1.0 Carolina Corn Snake (Amber)
1.0 G.Rosea (Hailey)
0.1 G.pulchra (Ebony)
0.1 Cat (Brea)
0.1 Dog (Mini Schnauzer (Rosie))
Wishlist: MBK, Avalanche Corn
Go to Top of Page

Daniel_G
Egg

United Kingdom
83 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2011 :  08:03:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Aye, you picked quite an aggressive one, and if you get bitten it's gonna hurt like hell.

In this case, look, but only touch with leather gloves!

Regards,
Dan

Still don't own a snake, roll on new year!!!
Go to Top of Page

Mort13
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5599 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2011 :  09:04:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Euww,never mind those beady eyes. You can see all its dirty little web things all over the place I almost wretched!!

3.1.0 Corn snakes, 1.0.0 T-Albino Cape House Snake, 0.1.0 Western Hognose,
1.0.0 MBK, 0.1.0 Childrens Python, 1.0.0 Nicaraguan Dwarf Boas
0.0.1 Occelated Skink, 1.0.0 Leopard Gecko, 1.0.3 Tarantulas, 0.0.2 Damon diadema
1.0.0 C0ckatiel,

Go to Top of Page

Daniel_G
Egg

United Kingdom
83 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2011 :  09:07:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How could you!
Tarantula are so cute and furry. It's when they acually web on your hands you should get worried. (Has hapened to me before.. Jezza got a bit annoyed when i pulled it down)

Regards,
Dan

Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2011 :  11:23:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh you're not wrong, this is a look but don't touch animal. Its very easily annoyed but I am quite a patient person who is quite happy to just leave it alone to do its thing. Though tonight is moving day, out of that titchy holding tub and into a deeper slightly wider tub, got to say I'm nervous about moving her and will hover my hand over the proverbial abort button should she get out of control.

A breeder of these has given me good advice though to get taller tub for this one as its first instinct will be to move down into its webbing rather than up and attack/escape so I'm nipping to Tesco in a bit to pick a suitable tub.

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2011 :  14:44:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
HOW TO MOVE A VERY FAST TARANTULA

Take the old small tub unclip the lid but leave it on, and place the old tub inside the new tub. Remove the lid with tongs (yes I used tongs ) and place the new tub lid on.

When the T leaves the tub remove it carefully and job done.

And then put any foliage in you want to provide hiding spaces.

Breathe a sigh of relief and high five yourself.

Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Budwing Mantis, MAIA

Go to Top of Page

Daniel_G
Egg

United Kingdom
83 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2011 :  17:17:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Abort button, nice touch...

Make sure it doesn't fall and split it's abdomen, could be nasty.
Anyhow, i hope this tarantula lives well with you, and that you don't get hurt by it hehehe.

Regards,
Dan

Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2011 :  17:59:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The height in this tub will be OK, it will be webbed up in no time and well that's practically a safety net. I just threw in a hopper to check if it was hungry and it really was. Amazing feeding response, a lot more assertive than my Chilean.

Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Budwing Mantis, MAIA

Go to Top of Page

Daniel_G
Egg

United Kingdom
83 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2011 :  18:06:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hehehe, my rosie seem to love catching locusts. Got one right through the head with a fang. Then she almost "Chews" them, and rips em' up...
It's scary!

Regards,
Dan

Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2011 :  18:30:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah my Chil leaves practically nothing behind at all after a meal. You'll have to put a Scorpion on your list, they destroy their food, ripping it to shreds.

Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Budwing Mantis, MAIA

Go to Top of Page

Daniel_G
Egg

United Kingdom
83 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2011 :  19:04:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm sure my mum would love that...
Maybe i can get rid of my wardrobe and put a terrarium stack in it's place? Even better idea eh!?

Regards,
Dan

Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2011 :  21:20:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You dont get rid of furniture, you convert it!

Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Budwing Mantis, MAIA

Go to Top of Page

Rake
Hatchling

United Kingdom
200 Posts

Posted - 14/11/2011 :  20:08:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
congrats on the baboon now thats a spider, defo high five my dad keeps these and wont go in there tubs with out kevlar gloves lmao

Go to Top of Page

tk72
Hatchling

United Kingdom
494 Posts

Posted - 17/11/2011 :  11:44:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I had a mexican bird eating spider (well thats what the unscrupulous pet shop owner told me) about 20 years ago. Bought it when my parents where on holiday as I knew they would not let me have it if they had have been home. It was born of the devil I think as if you ever went near the tank it went beserk and attacked the glass. Fangs on it where about 3 inches long and the evil little monster decided one night it did not like its tank so out he came for an explore of my room. Came home from the pub and no spider. After 2 hours of looking found it behind the wires of my tv. Well if you had of filmed me and my friend trying to catch it, well £250 quid from youve been framed was on its way to us. 2 twenty year old men screaming like big girls blouses, and I do mean screaming LOUD. took us another 45 mins to get it back into the tank. Many sleepless nights later checking every hour it was still in there because thought it was crawling over my face. Back to the afore mentioned pet shop owner his reply as a good pet shop owner was " I do not want that horrible thing back in my shop it gives us all the creeps, cant believe you bought it". Well eight legs of evil went to another pet shop who said he would take it and keep it himself as he would not sell it on as it was not a good spider to have at home. So to sum up I have nothing against spiders but my god they are bloody quick and if they do bite you dont believe what i was told. Its nothing like a beefed up bee sting. From experience it is like putting your finger into molten lava for a good few seconds. And twenty years later can still feel the pain. Sorry to ramble but BEWARE. And she is stunning by the way.
Go to Top of Page

scottishbluebird
it is all my fault

United Kingdom
8403 Posts

Posted - 17/11/2011 :  16:27:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
^ ^ LMFAO

0.1.0 Corn - Kellogs
1.0.0 Hognose - Storm
0.1.0 Staffy - Lyla
1.0.0 Spaffy(staffy x springer)-Spyro
1.0.0 Ferret - Peanut R.I.P
0.1.0 Crestie - Fudge. Wish List - Pygmy hedgehog. Tropiocolotes
Go to Top of Page

tk72
Hatchling

United Kingdom
494 Posts

Posted - 17/11/2011 :  17:26:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Me again. what about Joy, Aranea, and Nellie these are the baby spiders names from charlottes web.Or aaragog from harry potter. Or evil beast LOL.
Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 19/11/2011 :  15:48:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tk72

twenty years later can still feel the pain

Oh god I do hope you mean its a vivid memory and not literally, that would be unlucky.

The OBT has a mean bite that is supposed to burn like fire and cramp up wherever it bites for about a week, not looking forward to it and will try avoid it the best I can. Maybe pop 2 little corks over the fangs.

Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Budwing Mantis, MAIA

Go to Top of Page

tk72
Hatchling

United Kingdom
494 Posts

Posted - 19/11/2011 :  17:39:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah just a memory and one I don't like very much. But it was only protecting itself and to be honest it did rear up and give me a warning I just wanted to hold it as the pet shop guy said you could. I didnt do any research at all just liked the look of it. So as the say once bitten twice shy. But love them and would like another but my wife only just let us get a snake so no chance at the moment.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000