Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Kath
Yearling

United Kingdom
697 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2011 :  15:42:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

I posted last week that Cornelius had a successful 3rd feed with us but it was outside his RUB when the other 2 feeds were inside his RUB with the lid closed.

We fed him on Mon & again he wouldn't go in his RUB (It's 6.5" by 3.5" by 2.5" & he's about 15" long).

He fed whilst my OH had hold of him. I'm not worried, because he's eating, but was just wondering if anything could have put him off going in his RUB because all that's ever happened in there is he's been given food!? RUB too small now maybe?

(When we got him from the shop, he was in this RUB on the counter & when owner walked past him, he knocked Corny off the counter, still in his RUB. If this has made him dislike RUB, he wouldn't have had his 1st 2 feeds in it!).

Thanks!

Simmy_82
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1272 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2011 :  15:49:02  Show Profile  Click to see Simmy_82's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
It's nothing to worry about, just try to keep putting her in the RUB. Mine tries to get out of her everytime i put her in it. just have the lid ready and make sure you dont trap his tail etc. Leave him a minute to calm down in there and then try to feed her. He'll be more interested in the food when you show it him.

0.1.0 - Cat - Tallulah
0.0.1 - Carolina Corn Snake - Lilith
Go to Top of Page

Okeetee Mick
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2308 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2011 :  17:30:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Agree totally with Simmy, it takes two of us to get ours into their feeding rubs.

0.1.0 Okeetee (Sookie) 0.1.0 Powder (Luna) 0.1.0 Bloodred (Arlene) 0.1.0 Caramel Stripe (Tara)
0.1.0 Ghost (Crystal) 0.1.0 Caramel (Jessica) 0.1.0 Lavender Stripe (Portia) 1.0.0 Platinum (Godric)
0.1.0 Thayers King (Lettie Mae) 0.1.0 Albino Blairs King (Lorena) 0.1.0 Russian Ratsnakes (Pam)
0.1.0 Korean Ratsnake (Katerina) 1.0.0 Russian Ratsnake (Lafayette)
Go to Top of Page

Kath
Yearling

United Kingdom
697 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2011 :  10:04:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok thanks for the advice guys.

Go to Top of Page

SheWolfey
Hatchling

United Kingdom
148 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2011 :  10:50:57  Show Profile  Visit SheWolfey's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Mine tries to escape every time I put her in the RUB to feed her. But as soon as she notices the pinky (and eats it) she's fine

1.1.0 Cats (Baccus and Isis)
0.1.0 Carolina Corn (Indra)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000