out comes
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

marc_sg
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1504 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2011 :  10:54:24  Show Profile  Send marc_sg an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I am hoping to breed my California hypo strip(male) with my hpyo motley ghost(female) and amel sun glow(female). i was wonder what the out comes would be for both parings. the strip is het for amel, anery, het stripe and het motley het ghost and snow. the ghost is as fair as i know exactly as she is. and the same as the amel.

here are some pics for you to see

heres the hypo motley ghost.

heres the California stripe

heres the amel sun-glow

0.1.0 Amels (sid) 1.0.0 carolina stripe (simon)0.1.0 ghost (silva) 1.1.0 diffused/bloodreds (scarlet and samson)
1.0 staffy x beagle
soon to have female pin royal

R.I.P SHELLY

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2011 :  13:29:22  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
to simplify it to use Corn Calc or similar program you have:
hypo stripe het amel and anery x ghost (anery and hypo) motley
and hypo stripe het amel and anery x amel

the first pairing should get you visual ghost motleys and hypo motleys, maybe some striped motleys?

the second should give you visual amels

i like this one although with the new morphs it's a little outdated, it's fine for the more common ones
http://home.comcast.net/~spencer62/cornprog.html

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

marc_sg
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1504 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2011 :  20:48:25  Show Profile  Send marc_sg an AOL message  Reply with Quote
does that mean they will just be normal visual amels het for stripe, motley, anery. will it affect their visual pattern.

0.1.0 Amels (sid) 1.0.0 carolina stripe (simon)0.1.0 ghost (silva) 1.1.0 diffused/bloodreds (scarlet and samson)
1.0 staffy x beagle

R.I.P SHELLY
Go to Top of Page

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2011 :  22:57:30  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by marc_sg

I am hoping to breed my (male) with my (female) and (female). i was wonder what the out comes would be for both parings. the strip is het for amel, anery, het stripe and het motley het ghost and snow. the ghost is as fair as i know exactly as she is. and the same as the amel.

you need to simplify the morphs to their correct names for it to work in the corn calc.

Blue = your name
Purple = correct name
Green = how it is entered into corncalc

California hypo strip - There are no corns in California, maybe you mean Carolina (a fancy pants name for a normal)? If he is hypo stripe then he's not a Carolina.

The hets would be: amel and anery. There isn't a single gene called ghost or snow (they are combinations) so can't be het. Ghost is anery + hypo, he is already visually hypo and het anery. Snow is amel + anery and we already know he is het both of these. He can't be het motley AND visually stripe, this is an impossibility because the two morphs are allelic with motley being dominant over stripe which means a corn that is het motley and het stripe will be visually motley.
Hypo Stripe het amel anery - Hypo (hh) and Stripe (ss) and het Amel (+a) and het Anerythristic (+n)

hpyo motley ghost Ghost is made up of hypo and anery so theres no need to add hypo to the name, so she is Ghost Motley - Anerythristic (nn) and Hypo (hh) and Motley (mm)

amel sun glow Sunglow is a selectively bred amel that has no white saddle borders meaning yours isn't a sunglow, she's a regular Amel - Amel (aa)

Forum - Guide to Cornsnake Morphs - Punnett Square Calculator - Breeder Directory
Go to Top of Page

marc_sg
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1504 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2011 :  23:18:11  Show Profile  Send marc_sg an AOL message  Reply with Quote
the amel/sunglow hasnt got any white around her blotches

1.0 staffy x beagle

R.I.P SHELLY
Go to Top of Page

marc_sg
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1504 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2011 :  23:28:22  Show Profile  Send marc_sg an AOL message  Reply with Quote
i just wanted to say thank you too eeji for taking the time to write that post.i am guessing that the letters next to the morph names are in lower case because their not domiant am i right in guessing that

1.0 staffy x beagle

R.I.P SHELLY
Go to Top of Page

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2011 :  19:22:40  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
yes, lower case for recessive and upper case for codominant and dominant and a + symbol for a normal unmutated gene

Forum - Guide to Cornsnake Morphs - Punnett Square Calculator - Breeder Directory
Go to Top of Page

marc_sg
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1504 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2011 :  22:27:31  Show Profile  Send marc_sg an AOL message  Reply with Quote
cheers im still trying to learn the genetics. but trying to find some where that ecplain it clearly do u no a site.

1.0 staffy x beagle

R.I.P SHELLY
Go to Top of Page

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2011 :  22:29:06  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
this is a great site to learn the basics: http://www.vmsherp.com/LearningCenter.htm

Go to Top of Page

marc_sg
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1504 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2011 :  18:23:43  Show Profile  Send marc_sg an AOL message  Reply with Quote
ok thank you

1.0 staffy x beagle

R.I.P SHELLY
Go to Top of Page

cattNmo
Hatchling

182 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2011 :  19:39:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
eeji in a couple of years could you teach my kids biology please.

Three corns, a dog, a cat, 2 kids and a future husband, Yes its a MAD HOUSE in leicester area.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000