Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

tordyjo
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2036 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2011 :  13:44:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I had lilly out for a bit of playtime and i didn't notice the cat coming in, the next thing i knew the cat pounced at my knee or more pounced at lilly. After shouting at the cat for doing what is instinct i put lilly - very shocked and stunned back in her viv, she very quickly retreated up a vine and has been sat there since for the last 5 mins at least. I'm going to keep an eye on her - she's due to shed soon, just hope it hasn't stressed her too much, she's been doing brilliantly.

Is it worth giving her some non-handling time to de-stress?

LillyCrystalHarry
1.2.0 corns, 1.1.0 cats tropical guppies who continually breed

Katie.Dublin
Sub Adult

Ireland
1560 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2011 :  14:14:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Maybe leave her for a day or two but if kitty didn't actually make contact she should be fine!

0.1 normal (Miami) - Hugo
0.1 hypo Motley - Spunky
0.1 MBK - Tequila. RIP
Horses, bearded dragons, a red tailed boa constrictor, a tortoise, a cat and a dog
Go to Top of Page

a33272
our battery charger

United Kingdom
3063 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2011 :  15:50:57  Show Profile  Visit a33272's Homepage  Send a33272 an AOL message  Click to see a33272's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
id be inclined to cover viv up so she cant see the cat walking around licking it lips an going 'almost had ya then kitty cat'

0.1.0 creamsicle corn-Marmalade
1.0.0 jungle carpet python-Bumble
1.0.0 corn Casper

Go to Top of Page

Simmy_82
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1272 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2011 :  16:04:19  Show Profile  Click to see Simmy_82's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Its weird, when i handle mine, sometimes the cat gets in the room, but spends more time looking in the faun for her! Not realsing at all that i have her in my hands!

0.1.0 - Cat - Tallulah
0.0.1 - Carolina Corn Snake - Lilith
Go to Top of Page

scottishbluebird
it is all my fault

United Kingdom
8403 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2011 :  16:10:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kellogs is weird, dont bother with the cat staring at him, but if he gets near the ferret cage, or if i handled the ferret then he REALLY freaks out

0.1.0 Corn - Kellogs
1.0.0 Hognose - Storm
0.1.0 Staffy - Lyla
1.0.0 Spaffy(staffy x springer)-Spyro
1.0.0 Ferret - Peanut R.I.P
0.1.0 Crestie - Fudge. Wish List - Pygmy hedgehog. Tropiocolotes
Go to Top of Page

tordyjo
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2036 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2011 :  16:25:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
she's hidden away under the aspen for the time being with lights out, seems to be ok, don't think the cat actually got her, but she wouldn't have seen it coming as she's not long come out of blue, just waiting for the actual shed, would love to have seen the cat if she'd struck or tagged it

LillyCrystalHarry

Go to Top of Page

Aegis
Hatchling

United Kingdom
282 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2011 :  16:33:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cats are weird, mine is more bothered that the snake is getting a mouse for tea and he doesnt! I feed her in a RUB, he sits and watches her eat.

Maybe leave Lilly for a wee while to let her calm down. But if she is active as normal then am sure she is ok :D

4.0.0 Kids (Hugh, Seamus, Athrun + JD)
1.0.0 Gingy cat (Fintan Stack)
0.1.0 Snow Corn (Karuza)

Go to Top of Page

paulie78
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2331 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2011 :  16:54:08  Show Profile  Visit paulie78's Homepage  Reply with Quote
My cats are used to my pets being around them when they were younger the rats would be on the bed running all over them and theyd not bat an eyelid though the cats were pretty much handreared so dont really act like cats anyway bless em when Hades is asleep on the bed nothing is moving him not even a hungry 3ft snake lol

6.8.0 Corn Snakes http://buzzsprehistoricpets.yolasite.com/
1.1.0 Royal
0.2.0 Chinchillas
1.1.0 Cats
1.1.0 Birds
0.0.2 Fishtanks
0.0.1 Cali Kingsnake
Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2011 :  17:49:11  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Why not make the cat into a slipper, that way it won't happen again and you get warm feet :3

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page

tordyjo
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2036 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2011 :  18:09:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sta~ple

Why not make the cat into a slipper, that way it won't happen again and you get warm feet :3

i like this, believe me i was 'almost' wearing him as a slipper

not sure who was actually more surprised the cat, the snake or me, although the cats not been seen since he's disappeared

LillyCrystalHarry

Go to Top of Page

Mamma
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4494 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2011 :  18:12:41  Show Profile  Visit Mamma's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I know for a fact one of my cats would pounce (the other is too lazy) this is why I shut the cats out of which ever room I am handling in xx

Please feel free to add my photography page on facebook .... or check me out on deviantart :
https://www.facebook.com/groups/MaliskaRodgersPhotography/
http://maliskarodgers.deviantart.com/
Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2011 :  23:26:17  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Get a boa, or a retic.
A couple years later, problem solved and 1 less feed to do as well.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

cattNmo
Hatchling

182 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2011 :  23:31:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My cat comes to curl up next to me while I'm handling the snakes. He is so lazy. The snakes move all over him and he just lets them. Will try to get some pics when the guys next out. Its quite funny

Three corns, a dog, a cat, 2 kids and a future husband, Yes its a MAD HOUSE in leicester area.
Go to Top of Page

tordyjo
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2036 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2011 :  07:16:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kehhlyr

Get a boa, or a retic.

thats evil, but they'd soon learn their lesson - the cats that is

LillyCrystalHarry

Go to Top of Page

stuart619
Hatchling

United Kingdom
230 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2011 :  13:18:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was thinking the same thing get an nice 20 footer and see how ****y the cat is

Go to Top of Page

hillzi
The Lost boy.

United Kingdom
3984 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2011 :  14:52:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
To be honest I wouldn't really be worried about the snake being too stressed about the cat. Corns aren't the brightest of animals.. so she would probably have forgotten about it given an hour or so..

I have to say I think people try to cotton wool wrap their snakes.

Edit:/ I mean for example going by what is said on here too often is.. If a hawk or something tried to eat the snake, the snake should be having heartattacks and never going out of it's hiding place for the rest of it's life..

Edited by - hillzi on 09/11/2011 14:55:04
Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2011 :  16:53:13  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tordyjo

quote:
Originally posted by Kehhlyr

Get a boa, or a retic.

thats evil, but they'd soon learn their lesson - the cats that is

That's evil but turning a cat onto its belly and shoving your foot into it's innards to make a slipper isn't? :P

Go to Top of Page

tordyjo
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2036 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2011 :  17:10:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

"That's evil but turning a cat onto its belly and shoving your foot into it's innards to make a slipper isn't? :P"

nah thats just being sadistic but its no good doing it to just 1, i need a pair and the other cats just so lazy and bone idle i just wouldn't get the opportunity. The only way they keep my feet warm is by lying on them at night

LillyCrystalHarry

Edited by - tordyjo on 09/11/2011 17:12:13
Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2011 :  17:57:18  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Yeah you do need two, I never have slippers that match though :( I have an ginger one and a black and white one :/

Go to Top of Page

SheWolfey
Hatchling

United Kingdom
148 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2011 :  19:20:43  Show Profile  Visit SheWolfey's Homepage  Reply with Quote
My cat made a lunge for my snake when I had just finished feeding her on Sunday. Now my cats are not allowed to be in the same room as my snake for at least a few days.
It really annoys my 3 year old cat, but my 6 year old kitty is far to lazy to care (and he is terrified of my snake XD).
She was fine when I handled her today though (my snake that is, not the cat ).

Just leave her a day or so, then she should be fine

1.1.0 Cats (Baccus and Isis)
0.1.0 Carolina Corn (Indra)
Go to Top of Page

mikerichards
don't say the 'M' word!

United Kingdom
2901 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2011 :  00:48:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We have three cats, its the main reason the snakes have their own room!! That and mrs 7ft boa would make fairly short work of any of the cats!!

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000