move up viv size?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Jackk94
Hatchling

United Kingdom
104 Posts

Posted - 26/10/2011 :  16:02:05  Show Profile  Click to see Jackk94's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
my snake is now about 2 feet in length, do you think she is big enough to go into her full size vivarium now?

Simmy_82
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1272 Posts

Posted - 26/10/2011 :  16:24:55  Show Profile  Click to see Simmy_82's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Depends on what you mean by full size?

Generally if the lenght of the snake is equal to the width and depth of the viv its currently in then yes its a good time to increase its viv size.

If you go too big tho they may get a little stressed with all that extra room.

0.1.0 - Cat - Tallulah
0.0.1 - Carolina Corn Snake - Lilith

Edited by - Simmy_82 on 26/10/2011 16:25:57
Go to Top of Page

tordyjo
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2036 Posts

Posted - 26/10/2011 :  21:28:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have a male who was in a rub, he was about 2ft in length so i put him in a 2ft viv, he took a couple of feeds but then started feeding irratically. I moved him back into a rub a few weeks ago and he hasn't missed a feed since. i also have a female who is just over 2ft in length and she's doing great in a 2ft viv - but she's a really good feeder. A 3ft viv may be a little big just yet though

LillyCrystalHarry
1.2.0 corns, 1.1.0 cats tropical guppies who continually breed

Go to Top of Page

Mamma
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4494 Posts

Posted - 27/10/2011 :  10:06:48  Show Profile  Visit Mamma's Homepage  Reply with Quote
My mexican black kingsnake went into her 4 foot viv not long ago.. I would say she was only 2 and a half foot. It hasnt affected her in any negative way, its got multiple hides throughout and has plenty of coverage plant/ toilet roll wise. She absolutely loves it. Romeo will be going into a 3 foot viv in the nxt couple of months. Hes about 2 foot just now. The rule of thumb is just a general guideline. Sometimes putting them into a full size viv a little bit earlier works. Sometimes it doesnt

Please feel free to add my photography page on facebook .... or check me out on deviantart :
https://www.facebook.com/groups/MaliskaRodgersPhotography/
http://maliskarodgers.deviantart.com/
Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 27/10/2011 :  10:15:20  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I put one of my corns into a 4ft viv and another in a 4 ft viv when they were 2 and a half foot long and they were fine, hides everywhere though I know if I had done it earlier than that they probably would be stressed and not eat. At that length, I still think they may be able to get through the glass doors and cable holes so I carefully plugged everything up.

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000