New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Casta
Hatchling

United Kingdom
335 Posts

Posted - 26/10/2011 :  11:45:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ok casta shed around 2 weeks ago, it wasn't good. just went in to feed her, she didn't take her food on monday, i though it was because she was in a new tub as i'd changed the substrate n didn't want her to digest it. she was hiding the last couple of days, thought her eyes were pink a few days ago but because her last shed was only a short time ago i thought i was imagining it. she's been a bit narky and hiding recently, just moved her ball to try and get her another feed n i noticed hers skin was wrinkly like last time. theres a strip of shed on the ball (complete with both eye caps)

is this normal? i take it the bath i gave her has helped rather than hurt?

worried now. could it be a growth spurt?

Red123
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2030 Posts

Posted - 26/10/2011 :  14:31:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
One of mine shed twice in the space of a couple of weeks. I put it down to the first shed being stuck and having to use a damp pillow case to help him. If the snake is having problems shedding I would replace the warm hide with a damp moss hide when you see the snake go in blue this should help the snake in the future.

Corn Snake
, 1.0.0 Amel (Stan),

Royal Pythons
1.0.0 Normal (Nigel)

1.0.0 Albino (Tony)
Boa Constrictor Imperator
0.1.0 (Agatha)
Western Hognose
0.1.0 Normal (Stevie)

0.0.1 Schneider Skink (George)
1.0.0 Extreme Blonde Harlequin Crested Gecko (Bert)
4 GALS.

Tarantulas
Red Rump (B. Vagans) Jo.
Chaco Golden Knee (G. pulchripes) Charlie, Greenbottle Blue (C. cyaneopubescens) Gus, Honduran Curly Hair ( B. albopilosum) Titch, Mexican Fire Leg (B. boehmei), Salmon Pink Bird Eater(L. parahybana), Fort Hall Baboon (P. Lugardi) Blanche, Stout Leg Baboon (E. Pachypus) Graham, Chilean Rose (G. Rosea) Glen.

Border collie x (BoB), 2 Cats (Lucky & Dip), 17 Goldfish, and The Dubia Family
Go to Top of Page

Casta
Hatchling

United Kingdom
335 Posts

Posted - 27/10/2011 :  15:56:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hmmm. i have a damp hide, a rock, a grass ball, a toilet roll tube, and believe it or not a damp woolen sock just so she can have the best opportunity to get this skin off easily. she went to the corner so i trapped her in with the sock so she had to go over it and see if it was any use to her. so far shes decided her damp hide is for lying under rather than in... how long should i leave her before i try and help her out? the heads off its just the rest.

starting to get well frustrated wi this tiny thing

still love her though...

Go to Top of Page

Diesel1994
Hatchling

United Kingdom
338 Posts

Posted - 27/10/2011 :  19:10:05  Show Profile  Visit Diesel1994's Homepage  Click to see Diesel1994's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
often you may find that if there is a small bit of shed that the snake cannot get off, it may shed again to get it off

Owner of Renza Exotics - www.renzapets.co.uk
For all your Exotic & Domestic pet needs
Go to Top of Page

Casta
Hatchling

United Kingdom
335 Posts

Posted - 27/10/2011 :  19:53:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
k cheers, i've run her through a damp towel a few times, hopefully i didn't hold her too hard. trying to be firm without holding tight is quite hard with such a wee snake. she was still able to flex her way through. just gonna leave her for a bit now. just confused that she managed to get her head off but not the body??

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000