New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Casta
Hatchling

United Kingdom
335 Posts

Posted - 25/10/2011 :  15:46:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
there's still a tiny amount of shed stuck to her head which i can't get off by rubbing (dunno why)and also a graze with some dead skin on her tail when she decided to do some climbing at the top of her faun. probably the best pics i can get of her markings as she's still so quick was gonna keep her in longer but she was not overly impressed so only got a 5 minute soak. hopefully it'll be sorted by her next shed. here she is in glorious technicolour

kdlang
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3556 Posts

Posted - 25/10/2011 :  17:16:27  Show Profile  Click to see kdlang's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Have you tried putting a damp hide in her tank for a few days. If you remove the other hides then she will have to use it and it might help her to get it off

4.1.0 corns - Izzy (Carolina) Alice (Amel) Peanut (Butter Motley) Swayze (Ghost) Carmellia (Butter Motley)
0.1.0 cat - Kizzy
1.0.0 Dog - Dobbie
Location - Chesterfield, Derbyshire

www.support-dogs.org.uk
Go to Top of Page

Spreebok
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1135 Posts

Posted - 25/10/2011 :  19:21:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Aaaw, very cute! I have a soft spot for Snows!
Go to Top of Page

scottishbluebird
it is all my fault

United Kingdom
8403 Posts

Posted - 25/10/2011 :  19:35:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great pics! but if a bath is not appreciated, put some damp spaghnum moss in a tub, Kellogs loves it (only for as long as needed)

0.1.0 Corn - Kellogs
1.0.0 Hognose - Storm
0.1.0 Staffy - Lyla
1.0.0 Spaffy(staffy x springer)-Spyro
1.0.0 Ferret - Peanut R.I.P
0.1.0 Crestie - Fudge. Wish List - Pygmy hedgehog. Tropiocolotes
Go to Top of Page

Casta
Hatchling

United Kingdom
335 Posts

Posted - 25/10/2011 :  22:58:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hmm. i think she's in a huff with me. had to restick the digital readout onto the faun and knocked it.... she is aptly named shaking her wee tail at me from inside her hide... probably hasn't helped that i've changed her substrate and placed her higher in the room recently... maybe give her a couple of days to calm.

Go to Top of Page

thistle
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1757 Posts

Posted - 26/10/2011 :  02:11:11  Show Profile  Visit thistle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
She is such a cute little thing.

2.0.0 Dogs (westie Angus, shih tzu Archie)
0.5.0 African Pygmy Hedgehogs (Harriet, Amelia, Matilda, Jemima, Maisie) RIP Hector
0.4.0 Guinea Pigs (Isobel, Effy, Mrs Mack & Sheila)
1.0.0 Lutino C0ckatiel (Sammy)
3.0.0 Corn Snakes - CB10 Amel (Barnaby), CB11 Anery Lavender (Bailey), CB10 Caramel Motley (Bradley)
0.1.0 CB11 Western Hognose Snake (Maggie)
Go to Top of Page

Mamma
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4494 Posts

Posted - 26/10/2011 :  09:40:06  Show Profile  Visit Mamma's Homepage  Reply with Quote
the debate on whether corns like baths or not is like opening a can of worms. My opinion is nay. But thats just me. What you could do if this problem occuurs again is soak a towel in luke warm water then wring it out so the towel is only damp. Let the snake slither through in your hands and that should help. I have done so with one of mine and it did the trick xx

Please feel free to add my photography page on facebook .... or check me out on deviantart :
https://www.facebook.com/groups/MaliskaRodgersPhotography/
http://maliskarodgers.deviantart.com/
Go to Top of Page

Casta
Hatchling

United Kingdom
335 Posts

Posted - 26/10/2011 :  10:59:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thats the thing, i did that after a couple of days of still not having shed properly, the majority came off in two neat bits (base of head downwards) but it still left a small amount just after the eye ridge. i know both caps came off as i found them in the viv, it was just that bit i couldn't get. hoping now that when she feeds it will just crack and fall off. ran her through a rough towel to dry her after and got a bit of crusty skin from that graze on her tail. just want to make sure it stays clean and healthy. trust a wee thing like that to get me worried. i think she does it on purpose

defo gonna put in a damp hide next time she's in blue. this isn't gonna happen again if i can help it

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000