Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Laws
Yearling

United Kingdom
935 Posts

Posted - 24/10/2011 :  23:26:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

im rapidly falling for hognoses can anyone who has some post some pics and tell me a little about them ?
thans

www.facebook.com/Thehogbox

gmac
The Scottish Admin

United Kingdom
5319 Posts

Posted - 24/10/2011 :  23:49:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
they are ugly snakes, they look like they chase parked cars and catch them :D. They have a decent temperament and dont get very big females get much larger than the males. Can be as bad as royals at feeding time but again they seem to cope well when the husbandry is correct. But saying all that they do have an endearing feature about them and are generally cracking snakes.

heres mine ours lol

have a wee gander at some of the photos here shovelface photos

Go to Top of Page

Laws
Yearling

United Kingdom
935 Posts

Posted - 24/10/2011 :  23:55:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
so do they like small spaces like royals do ? ive heard they have quite a attitude ?

Go to Top of Page

gmac
The Scottish Admin

United Kingdom
5319 Posts

Posted - 25/10/2011 :  00:01:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
mine doesnt have an attitude, as for the small space they are small snakes ;) ours is in a decent sized RUB and doesnt seem to phase it much whereas the royals were in small RUBs lol,

Go to Top of Page

Laws
Yearling

United Kingdom
935 Posts

Posted - 25/10/2011 :  00:05:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
what sized rub would be ok for an adult ? and for a little one ? im going to creaks nxt month and am hoping to sneak one home with me ;)

Go to Top of Page

Spreebok
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1135 Posts

Posted - 25/10/2011 :  00:33:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hognoses are made of adorable chubbyness, squished faces and squigglyness. What more do you want?!?

Haha, I'm playing, I just loooove Hoggies, would get one in a heart beat if I could! For now, I just have to cuddle the ones in the shop :<
Go to Top of Page

scottishbluebird
it is all my fault

United Kingdom
8403 Posts

Posted - 25/10/2011 :  01:25:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think they are great, gonna get one in the future!
*this forum is a bad influence!*

0.1.0 Corn - Kellogs
1.0.0 Hognose - Storm
0.1.0 Staffy - Lyla
1.0.0 Spaffy(staffy x springer)-Spyro
1.0.0 Ferret - Peanut R.I.P
0.1.0 Crestie - Fudge. Wish List - Pygmy hedgehog. Tropiocolotes
Go to Top of Page

Mamma
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4494 Posts

Posted - 25/10/2011 :  09:51:05  Show Profile  Visit Mamma's Homepage  Reply with Quote

Heres mine. Hes cb11 (may) and hes in an 11L rub. He doesnt mind larger rubs as long as there is alot of aspen as they love burrowing. As G mentioned, they can be known for not eating, however I have only encountered any non feeding when in shed. If you wanna know and learn more then I would suggest signing up to the hognose forum: http://www.thehognosesnake.co.uk/ xx

Please feel free to add my photography page on facebook .... or check me out on deviantart :
https://www.facebook.com/groups/MaliskaRodgersPhotography/
http://maliskarodgers.deviantart.com/
Go to Top of Page

Mort13
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5599 Posts

Posted - 25/10/2011 :  23:25:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Aww good choice,they are fab little snakes. I love mine muchly. She went through a real hissy stroppy stage when all you had to do was lift the lid off her tub and she'd put on a performance. As soon as she was picked up though it immediately stopped,hysterical!

Petal is also CB May 2011 and funnily enough I got her from the July CREAKS show! At the moment she's only in a small clip seal tub but she's growing fast!

Ps,they still look cute with zombie eyes:

3.1.0 Corn snakes, 1.0.0 T-Albino Cape House Snake, 0.1.0 Western Hognose,
1.0.0 MBK, 0.1.0 Childrens Python, 1.0.0 Nicaraguan Dwarf Boas
0.0.1 Occelated Skink, 1.0.0 Leopard Gecko, 1.0.3 Tarantulas, 0.0.2 Damon diadema
1.0.0 C0ckatiel,

Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 25/10/2011 :  23:29:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They remind me of having to clean up my dogs poop covered in sand on the beach , they look similar and even have that pinched off appearance face lol.

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Harlequin Crested Gecko HARLEY
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Giant Asian Forest Scorpion, SALLY.
Giant African Land Snails, SHELDON & MICHELLE.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://www.youtube.com/user/alocheeky
Go to Top of Page

scottishbluebird
it is all my fault

United Kingdom
8403 Posts

Posted - 26/10/2011 :  02:39:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
^ ^ lmao ewwwwwww

0.1.0 Corn - Kellogs
1.0.0 Hognose - Storm
0.1.0 Staffy - Lyla
Go to Top of Page

Mamma
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4494 Posts

Posted - 26/10/2011 :  09:51:10  Show Profile  Visit Mamma's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by lotabob

They remind me of having to clean up my dogs poop covered in sand on the beach , they look similar and even have that pinched off appearance face lol.

says he who owns a royal... they look like GIANT poops with a wee snake head on them

ps I have nothing against royals... im about to get one hahahaha

Please feel free to add my photography page on facebook .... or check me out on deviantart :
Go to Top of Page

kdlang
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3556 Posts

Posted - 26/10/2011 :  11:58:02  Show Profile  Click to see kdlang's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I love my little hoggies. I have more trouble with my male feeding than my female. Both wont eat when blue and also don't seem to like being got out of their fauns before feeding either. Both are fed salmon scented mice in their fauns. They are alot more active than the corns especially in the afternoon/evening and seem to appreciate room to have a clamber about and a dig in the aspen. Mine have been disappointingly docile on the whole but do occasionally decide to have a hissy fit for no reason at all. They don't like being disturbed when they are blue lol.

4.1.0 corns - Izzy (Carolina) Alice (Amel) Peanut (Butter Motley) Swayze (Ghost) Carmellia (Butter Motley)
0.1.0 cat - Kizzy
1.0.0 Dog - Dobbie
Location - Chesterfield, Derbyshire

www.support-dogs.org.uk
Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 26/10/2011 :  12:12:24  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
They look really cheery if they ever manage to bite as well:

That face is full of pure smugness

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

scottishbluebird
it is all my fault

United Kingdom
8403 Posts

Posted - 26/10/2011 :  14:40:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That has got to be the cutest bite EVER lol

0.1.0 Corn - Kellogs
1.0.0 Hognose - Storm
0.1.0 Staffy - Lyla
Go to Top of Page

c00ki3z
Hatchling

United Kingdom
101 Posts

Posted - 26/10/2011 :  14:45:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
At least it's trying to eat a pinkie, just not the right one :P

1.0 Fire Corn Snake (Solaire)
1.0 Carolina Corn Snake (Amber)
1.0 G.Rosea (Hailey)
0.1 G.pulchra (Ebony)
0.1 Cat (Brea)
0.1 Dog (Mini Schnauzer (Rosie))
Wishlist: MBK, Avalanche Corn
Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 26/10/2011 :  18:05:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is this the one that 'fanged' you too, sent your hand swelling?

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Harlequin Crested Gecko HARLEY
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Giant Asian Forest Scorpion, SALLY.
Giant African Land Snails, SHELDON & MICHELLE.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://www.youtube.com/user/alocheeky
Go to Top of Page

kdlang
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3556 Posts

Posted - 26/10/2011 :  21:46:09  Show Profile  Click to see kdlang's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Yeah but only cos he was stupid enough to put his hand next to a defrosting rat

4.1.0 corns - Izzy (Carolina) Alice (Amel) Peanut (Butter Motley) Swayze (Ghost) Carmellia (Butter Motley)
0.1.0 cat - Kizzy
1.0.0 Dog - Dobbie
Location - Chesterfield, Derbyshire

www.support-dogs.org.uk
Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 27/10/2011 :  01:02:54  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
It actually shows a very good thing with hoggies actually.
The amount of times I've had the entire cobra reaction, all the neck puffing up and the hissing and the threats to bite and not once have they ever bitten, it's all been display (which is very entertaining having a tiny bootlace snake try to big itself up).
The only time it bit was when I had the stupidity to handle it when my hands had the scent and taste of foods on it.

Some hoggies do have their little huffs and hisses, but if anything it makes them more endearing.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

Mamma
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4494 Posts

Posted - 27/10/2011 :  08:57:07  Show Profile  Visit Mamma's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kehhlyr

It actually shows a very good thing with hoggies actually.
The amount of times I've had the entire cobra reaction, all the neck puffing up and the hissing and the threats to bite and not once have they ever bitten, it's all been display (which is very entertaining having a tiny bootlace snake try to big itself up).
The only time it bit was when I had the stupidity to handle it when my hands had the scent and taste of foods on it.

Some hoggies do have their little huffs and hisses, but if anything it makes them more endearing.

man you should see vedder!! I have never seen anything so funny! Every feed day james sits in the livingroom and can hear the little dood hissing from the kicthen! He is of course hissing at his feed! Puffs himself right up too. I sit there guffawing in his wee face. Bless.

Go to Top of Page

Mort13
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5599 Posts

Posted - 27/10/2011 :  18:12:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yep,the huffiness is great. Petal is my fave snake of all to spot clean as I'm always guaranteed a giggle:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-Y0niI0n7E

3.1.0 Corn snakes, 1.0.0 T-Albino Cape House Snake, 0.1.0 Western Hognose,
1.0.0 MBK, 0.1.0 Childrens Python, 1.0.0 Nicaraguan Dwarf Boas
0.0.1 Occelated Skink, 1.0.0 Leopard Gecko, 1.0.3 Tarantulas, 0.0.2 Damon diadema
1.0.0 C0ckatiel,

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000