petition against the reptile ban
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

nova1990
Yearling

United Kingdom
618 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2011 :  23:30:38  Show Profile  Click to see nova1990's MSN Messenger address  Send nova1990 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
hey i got sent this and i thought i would share it with you guys.. since it effects cornsnakes aswell.. sorry if this has been posted before and feel free to delete this topic if it has

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/herpingban/

kirstie

Corn Snake - Ayame
Mexican Black Kingsnake - Ryuzaki
Bearded Dragon - Puff
Salmon pink Tarantula - Olivia
Antilles pinktoe Tarantula - MossChops

Ipswich, Suffolk

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 13/10/2011 :  00:01:06  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I hate this petition, I wish people would read the damn thing properly. No it will not effect your cornsnake, house plants, cat, dog or budgie. That is my shorted version without rage.

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 13/10/2011 :  00:17:33  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Invasive or potentially invasive.

I best get my Kudzu vine now, before that gets banned. Kudzu is SUPER invasive, to the point where it's taken over hundreds of miles of asian countryside and they cannot stop it. 60ft growth length per vine every season, conceivably it could take over an area the size of a football pitch within 3 months.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

nova1990
Yearling

United Kingdom
618 Posts

Posted - 13/10/2011 :  00:18:47  Show Profile  Click to see nova1990's MSN Messenger address  Send nova1990 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
i was told it did which is why i posted it.. if im wrong than i apologize

Corn Snake - Ayame
Bearded Dragon - Puff

Ipswich, Suffolk
Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 13/10/2011 :  00:21:22  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nova1990

i was told it did which is why i posted it.. if im wrong than i apologize

No need to apologise.
The way it's worded makes it sound worse than it is.
It keeps doubling back on itself and repeating things, so the likelihood of anything like that happening anytime soon is VERY slim.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 13/10/2011 :  00:29:01  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I agree with K it really does. I read the petition and then read the document proposals, it really isn't as bad as it sounds. It is basically trying to stop non native species being introduced into the wild and breeding and destroying our natural habitat and animals here because of the problems with the grey squirrel, harlequin lady birds and many other examples just lowering out native animals and plants levels quickly.

It effects the wild corns that have escaped and have a population in an area yes, and if they will be caught and rehomed if you like, taken back to the states or killed. No one is going to force or knick your corn/house plants/pet bird/fish/cat/dog ect though :)

And to be honest, if a species that hasn't crossed the borders for pet trade, there is probably a good reason why, mostly it not really being pet suitable! However, this does not prevent zoos and licencese holders from acquiring them as they have to obey strict laws as so none of their plants/ animals/ insects can escapee freely and if they do, the new law will address how to deal with this.

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page

nova1990
Yearling

United Kingdom
618 Posts

Posted - 13/10/2011 :  01:00:40  Show Profile  Click to see nova1990's MSN Messenger address  Send nova1990 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
i guess i should tell people not to worry so much then :)

Corn Snake - Ayame
Bearded Dragon - Puff

Ipswich, Suffolk
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page