shedding/feeding advice needed please
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

telmadee
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
28 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2011 :  15:59:05  Show Profile  Click to see telmadee's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hiya Esmerelda is going to be shedding soon i think as her eyes have been clouding over over past 3 days, and he skin getting a bit duller, also when i have been holding her she doesnt seem to be gliding as easily as she did before as if she were more rough skin in a way even though it doesnt seem rough i also keep feeling the odd kind of sharp bit as she moves, and so becasue im scared of it pulling and hurting her, i kind of lift her off my hand and replace her. i cant phsyically see anything loose though. she willingly comes to my hand now when i open the viv she doesnt slither away and when i lay my hand in front of her (as someone recommended) she gradually heads closer then puts her head onto it then backs away a couple of times. I talk to her all the time while doing this too. Today is her feeding day, and she usually strikes at her food, but today refused instead just trying to get out of her feeding box, i closed the lid and left her in there with the pinkie for 5 mins or so, but she just ignored it. i have read different things on what to do, some say try her again in a couple of days, some say leave her til next feed day, any advice would be gratefully recieved please, and i am a bit of a panicer and dont want her to be hungry.

Many thanks in advance Dawn

Best wishes Dawn

garrie
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1148 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2011 :  16:05:24  Show Profile  Visit garrie's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Definately sounds like she is going to be shedding soon. I would simply recommend waiting until after she has shed before trying to feed her again - she isn't going to starve, and chances are that because she has refused once whilst in blue (pre-shed), that she won't eat until afterwards now.

She will probably appreciate some "quiet time" whilst going through this process. Best of luck for a good clean shed

^click for more pics^
Garrie - Halesworth, Suffolk. 1.0 AURYN (fire morph corn) 0.1 Puzzle (Cat)
Go to Top of Page

telmadee
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
28 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2011 :  16:16:45  Show Profile  Click to see telmadee's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Thank you so very much for your quick reply, i know i'm a panicer but i do only want what is best for her =0)

Best wishes Dawn

Go to Top of Page

telmadee
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
28 Posts

Posted - 16/10/2011 :  09:02:36  Show Profile  Click to see telmadee's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Esmerelda had a complete shed on 12th October, with no problems. I gave her a feed last night, which she took no problems <3

Best wishes Dawn

Go to Top of Page

Hissyfit
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2214 Posts

Posted - 16/10/2011 :  10:57:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's good news! Glad it all went well and she's eating again too

Go to Top of Page

telmadee
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
28 Posts

Posted - 16/10/2011 :  12:46:10  Show Profile  Click to see telmadee's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Thank you so much. I dunno what i would do without the forum to guide me hehe

Best wishes Dawn

Go to Top of Page

thistle
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1757 Posts

Posted - 16/10/2011 :  12:47:02  Show Profile  Visit thistle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good to hear that everything went ok.

2.0.0 Dogs (westie Angus, shih tzu Archie)
0.5.0 African Pygmy Hedgehogs (Harriet, Amelia, Matilda, Jemima, Maisie) RIP Hector
0.4.0 Guinea Pigs (Isobel, Effy, Mrs Mack & Sheila)
1.0.0 Lutino C0ckatiel (Sammy)
3.0.0 Corn Snakes - CB10 Amel (Barnaby), CB11 Anery Lavender (Bailey), CB10 Caramel Motley (Bradley)
0.1.0 CB11 Western Hognose Snake (Maggie)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000