Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Emmy1
Yearling

707 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2011 :  23:33:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Beautiful new snake! I have a big soft spot for boas!
On the subject of blind snakes, I came across a blind snake last year that a friend of mine rescued. He was a very old king snake, whose owner was emigrating and couldn't take the snake with him. The advise the owner gave my friend before he handed him over was that the snake may be blind but he'd still bite you between the eyes everytime. The man was right! This snake could strike and get the rat's head perfectly each time. Also, right inbetween your fingers, the soft skin on your arms where it really hurts, etc. We reckon that him being blind made his other senses very strong, such as scent and detection of vibrations and distinguishing different textures. It's amazing how adaption works.

0.1.0 Anery Corn Snake
1.0.0 Normal Western Hognosed Snake
1.0.0 Albino California Kingsnake
1.1.0 Bearded Dragons (Wildtype, Hypo)
0.0.3 Shubunkin Goldfish
Go to Top of Page

Mamma
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4494 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2011 :  12:17:53  Show Profile  Visit Mamma's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Emmy1

Beautiful new snake! I have a big soft spot for boas!
On the subject of blind snakes, I came across a blind snake last year that a friend of mine rescued. He was a very old king snake, whose owner was emigrating and couldn't take the snake with him. The advise the owner gave my friend before he handed him over was that the snake may be blind but he'd still bite you between the eyes everytime. The man was right! This snake could strike and get the rat's head perfectly each time. Also, right inbetween your fingers, the soft skin on your arms where it really hurts, etc. We reckon that him being blind made his other senses very strong, such as scent and detection of vibrations and distinguishing different textures. It's amazing how adaption works.

lmao! Fab story!! xx

Thanks guys for all the lovely comments

Please feel free to add my photography page on facebook .... or check me out on deviantart :
https://www.facebook.com/groups/MaliskaRodgersPhotography/
http://maliskarodgers.deviantart.com/
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000