New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ga-rat
Egg

United Kingdom
96 Posts

Posted - 27/09/2011 :  11:30:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello, I think I am getting a bit carried away with my taking of pictures and new posts.

I picked up my first Corn Snake yesterday morning, I won't go into the details as I covered that in other posts.

Anyway....

I got Tangee home and put her in her new RUB, I aimed her into a coconut house and this is where she stayed.

At about 7pm last night she was out and about exploring, climbing over everything in the rub, checking the water out, sitting on the houses and trying to climb the walls. When I got myself near the RUB to look she would stop moving for a second or two and then carry-on on her way.

This carried on till quite late until she retired for the night into one of the coconut houses.

I am still quite nervous about her first feed with me, I just hope she is as confident at feeding as she is roaming around in her RUB.

Sorry to go on a bit but I am finding these small events all very exciting!

0.1.0 Creamsicle Corn Snake = TANGEE

Mort13
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5599 Posts

Posted - 27/09/2011 :  11:49:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Heh,heh don't apologise! It IS all exciting,I still get excited everytime I get a new snake.
I'm sure the feed will go ok. Then once thats over,you have the excitement of the first shed.

3.1.0 Corn snakes, 1.0.0 T-Albino Cape House Snake, 0.1.0 Western Hognose,
1.0.0 MBK, 0.1.0 Childrens Python, 1.0.0 Nicaraguan Dwarf Boas
0.0.1 Occelated Skink, 1.0.0 Leopard Gecko, 1.0.3 Tarantulas, 0.0.2 Damon diadema
1.0.0 C0ckatiel,

Go to Top of Page

garrie
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1148 Posts

Posted - 27/09/2011 :  12:05:29  Show Profile  Visit garrie's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I've owned AURYN for over 3 months now (my first snake)...every day when i get home from work, the first thing i (still) do is pop upstairs to see if he is out and about - the OH has learnt to wait for a hello kiss until after then lol. At the moment it is especially exciting as he is is blue so i'm expecting a shed within the next few days to a week or so.

^click for more pics^
Garrie - Halesworth, Suffolk. 1.0 AURYN (fire morph corn) 0.1 Puzzle (Cat)
Go to Top of Page

viraleye
Yearling

United Kingdom
695 Posts

Posted - 27/09/2011 :  12:51:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
my Mrs knows now when i go upstairs for a few minutes and i go quiet ill emerge downstairs with Cyrus

1.0.0 Cyrus - Amel het Anery ph Hypo - CURRENTLY AWOL
0.1.0 Diamond - Avalanche ph Charcoal, Hypo
1.0.0 Garland - Bloodred het Hypo
1.0.0 Pinball - Carolina
0.1.0 Casey - Hypo Lavender Stripe het Amel
0.0.1 - No Name Yet - Crested Gecko
Go to Top of Page

stuart619
Hatchling

United Kingdom
230 Posts

Posted - 27/09/2011 :  13:31:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well Tangee seems to be making her self at home. I would suggest that you do get excited about everything. Seeing a snake do something for the first time is fantastic. You will soon get to know her moods and as she develops you will look back and remember the first feed and the first sheds.

Good luck with everything

BTW. I want a new hatchie now!!!

Go to Top of Page

Dancross0
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1315 Posts

Posted - 27/09/2011 :  14:22:04  Show Profile  Visit Dancross0's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'm the same; I spend hours watching the new hatchies and waiting for the weekend when I can feed and handle them!

Aguna CB11 Anery - Typhon CB12 Amber - Plissken CB08 Carolina - Iara CB11 Caramel

Indra CB12 Lavender (?) - Evren CB12 Carolina (?) - Ophis CB11 Hypo Lavender - Sirae CB11 Ghost Motley

Go to Top of Page

polarchick
Egg

United Kingdom
73 Posts

Posted - 27/09/2011 :  14:57:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
And me!

Hygge will have been here a week this Friday so I will be able to do a bit of handling and then hopefully he'll have his first feed with us - my mum and dad are coming up tomorrow for a few days so they'll be able to meet him too!

He acts very similarly to Tangee, he is out and about when it starts to get dark, and he seems to be getting less fazed when I come in to watch him now than when he first arrived, and will continue exploring after a slight pause

Sue

1.0.0 CB11 Carolina corn snake - Hygge
Go to Top of Page

scottishbluebird
it is all my fault

United Kingdom
8403 Posts

Posted - 27/09/2011 :  15:24:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am sure it will go fine!

0.1.0 Corn - Kellogs
1.0.0 Hognose - Storm
0.1.0 Staffy - Lyla
1.0.0 Spaffy(staffy x springer)-Spyro
1.0.0 Ferret - Peanut R.I.P
0.1.0 Crestie - Fudge. Wish List - Pygmy hedgehog. Tropiocolotes
Go to Top of Page

ga-rat
Egg

United Kingdom
96 Posts

Posted - 27/09/2011 :  22:23:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It got to about 9pm tonight and I was getting a little worried as I hadn't seen Tangee come out her coconut house all day, I know with some corns you don't see them for days when they move into a new home, but I couldn't help but be a little worried.

Anyway...

At 9:30pm-ish this beautiful little head poked out of the coconut at the cool end of the rub, head held very high she came out slowly, I moved nearer to have a better look, she stopped for a bit but then carried on her way, she did a good few laps, right round the rub over the coconuts, stretching herself right up to the lid of the rub.

Gave me a chance to do a little video recording (not good lighting conditions though), I am gonna have to sign up to youtube now so I can upload my vids. I have to film her first feed.

After a while she moved along and went in the coconut at the warm end of the rub. She seems so relaxed, she is now sat (if snakes sit) half in the coconut and the head end half outside the coconut.

Go to Top of Page

Emmy1
Yearling

707 Posts

Posted - 27/09/2011 :  22:49:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I rarely see my snake outside of her hides, she spends at least 3/4 of a day in hiding. You'll find that your snake may be more active at night. Sometimes if I nip downstairs in the middle of the night for a drink, I'll peek in on my snakes. They're always out exploring and freeze dead when the light goes on like a criminal would. I always think 'gotcha!'

0.1.0 Anery Corn Snake
1.0.0 Normal Western Hognosed Snake
1.0.0 Albino California Kingsnake
1.1.0 Bearded Dragons (Wildtype, Hypo)
0.0.3 Shubunkin Goldfish
Go to Top of Page

ga-rat
Egg

United Kingdom
96 Posts

Posted - 28/09/2011 :  20:33:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tangee has been out and about again, 7:30pm she decided to show herself. She went back into her coconut after half an hour, then this little head popped through a small hole the top of the coconut like a periscope.

I grabbed my wifes phone to get a pic but it popped back inside.

Edited by - ga-rat on 28/09/2011 20:34:05
Go to Top of Page

Okeetee Mick
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2308 Posts

Posted - 28/09/2011 :  22:59:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They have a habit if doing that

0.1.0 Okeetee (Sookie) 0.1.0 Powder (Luna) 0.1.0 Bloodred (Arlene) 0.1.0 Caramel Stripe (Tara)
0.1.0 Ghost (Crystal) 0.1.0 Caramel (Jessica) 0.1.0 Lavender Stripe (Portia) 1.0.0 Platinum (Godric)
0.1.0 Thayers King (Lettie Mae) 0.1.0 Albino Blairs King (Lorena) 0.1.0 Russian Ratsnakes (Pam)
0.1.0 Korean Ratsnake (Katerina) 1.0.0 Russian Ratsnake (Lafayette)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000