what type of set up
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

nickinoonoo
Snake Mite

28 Posts

Posted - 26/09/2011 :  08:58:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i have notice alot of you have a few snakes and some even have loads, was just wondering what set up you have them in, just want some ideas what to keep mine in when she is bigger or if i was to get any more x

0.0.1 creamsicle corn (chilli)
0.0.1 bearded dragon (lizzy)
1.1.0 rabbits (rex & molly)
0.1.0 cat (bella)

Mamma
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4494 Posts

Posted - 26/09/2011 :  09:01:26  Show Profile  Visit Mamma's Homepage  Reply with Quote
you can either do vivstacks or rubs. Its entirely up to you really. Just depends on what kind of room you have xxx

Please feel free to add my photography page on facebook .... or check me out on deviantart :
https://www.facebook.com/groups/MaliskaRodgersPhotography/
http://maliskarodgers.deviantart.com/
Go to Top of Page

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 26/09/2011 :  19:33:48  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Really useful boxes on shelving for my lot

Forum - Guide to Cornsnake Morphs - Punnett Square Calculator - Breeder Directory
Go to Top of Page

Emmy1
Yearling

707 Posts

Posted - 26/09/2011 :  20:28:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I keep all mine in vivariums. I have a 3ft for my corn snake on the bottom. Ontop of that is my bearded dragon, also in a 3ft. Then my Western Hognose Snake in a 2ft.

0.1.0 Anery Corn Snake
1.0.0 Normal Western Hognosed Snake
1.0.0 Albino California Kingsnake
1.1.0 Bearded Dragons (Wildtype, Hypo)
0.0.3 Shubunkin Goldfish
Go to Top of Page

LarkaDawg
Hatchling

442 Posts

Posted - 27/09/2011 :  21:48:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have my pair in a roomy 3ft wooden viv, heated by an angled 100w blue (so its not too bright at night) heat lamp, controlled by a microclimate 100w microclimate (model B1) thermostat. Aspen bedding, big resin exo terra water bowl, curved bark hide at hot end, large resin exo terra hide at cool end. And a bunch of plastic leaves in the middles of the hides for them to mooch around in. Too much detail? Lol. On top of that is a 30"x24"x24" wooden viv, same ish set up, but has orchid bark (its for my boa when i collect him).

Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 28/09/2011 :  00:29:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have a mix of vivariums and RUB's though soon that will be a vivstack and the RUB's possibly goinbg back into action fostering some non feeding babies. I would keep them individually ideally, 2 snakes together will always compete for the best spot and the weaker one will always be left second best.

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Harlequin Crested Gecko HARLEY
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Giant Asian Forest Scorpion, SALLY.
Giant African Land Snails, SHELDON & MICHELLE.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://www.youtube.com/user/alocheeky
Go to Top of Page

kdlang
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3556 Posts

Posted - 28/09/2011 :  06:34:15  Show Profile  Click to see kdlang's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I have one 3 viv 3ft stack downstairs in my living room. Then I have got one 3 viv 3ft stack in my bedroom with a 30" viv on top of that. A 3ft viv on top of my chest of drawers. An two 2ft vivs for my hoggies when they are big enough. Thye are currently still in large fauns downstairs.

I know alot of people who have alot of snakes use rubs as they use up less space. I don't really like having mine in rubs but it is a problem trying to find room for all the vivs. I am thinking about having a change round and building a couple of purpose built units to make more use of the space I do have (might be able to squeeze in a couple more snakes then lol)

4.1.0 corns - Izzy (Carolina) Alice (Amel) Peanut (Butter Motley) Swayze (Ghost) Carmellia (Butter Motley)
0.1.0 cat - Kizzy
1.0.0 Dog - Dobbie
Location - Chesterfield, Derbyshire

www.support-dogs.org.uk
Go to Top of Page

Dancross0
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1315 Posts

Posted - 28/09/2011 :  07:26:25  Show Profile  Visit Dancross0's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have my 4ft male downstairs in a custom built 4ft tank (the joys of my brother building aquariums for a living!), and my 2 hatchlings in fauns upstairs in a newly decorated spare room. I'll be upgrading to 3ft vivs for the little 'uns when they're big enough.....

Aguna CB11 Anery - Typhon CB12 Amber - Plissken CB08 Carolina - Iara CB11 Caramel

Indra CB12 Lavender (?) - Evren CB12 Carolina (?) - Ophis CB11 Hypo Lavender - Sirae CB11 Ghost Motley

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000