New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 17/09/2011 :  20:37:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm sick and tired of crickets, they stink they escape and they stink. I'm looking to start my own colony of Dubia Roaches and i'm pretty sure a few of you on here have got your own colonies, so I'm fishing for advice on how many did you start with and how soon was it 'fruitful'.

Also where would be a good place to get these little critters, by my research when you buy them for food they are all male as the females are well needed to make more and the ones I found are breeding kits and expensive, I can do my own setup just need the critters.

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Harlequin Crested Gecko HARLEY
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Giant Asian Forest Scorpion, SALLY.
Giant African Land Snails, SHELDON & MICHELLE.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://www.youtube.com/user/alocheeky

gmac
The Scottish Admin

United Kingdom
5319 Posts

Posted - 17/09/2011 :  20:41:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
we started off with about 50 of the critters and we use a black rub with egg trays inside is all you really need. It can take a while to establish a decent colony depending on the ages of the ages of the ones you buy.

The dark side is usually quite good for roach purchasing and very reasonably priced. A lot of online shops are now selling Dubias.

If you are having any hassle trying to get some we have a shop nearby that sell them and we can more than likely ship to you without any hassles.

Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 17/09/2011 :  21:52:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've found a few good ones online now that ship, the cheapest breeder colony i've found is £19.99 so not so bad though I expect it may take a while to establish. I have a blacked out plastic stacker tub and egg crate all sources courtesy of Tesco and Ebay for a few quid. I'm actually looking forward to looking after them, another thing to add to the signature though naming 200 of them may be a bit tricky.

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Harlequin Crested Gecko HARLEY
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Giant Asian Forest Scorpion, SALLY.
Giant African Land Snails, SHELDON & MICHELLE.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://www.youtube.com/user/alocheeky
Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 17/09/2011 :  21:56:54  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I've found that ebay quite often offers them cheap as well.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

gmac
The Scottish Admin

United Kingdom
5319 Posts

Posted - 17/09/2011 :  21:56:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
lol. good luck

Go to Top of Page

scottishbluebird
it is all my fault

United Kingdom
8403 Posts

Posted - 17/09/2011 :  22:01:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ewwwww i know its for food, but please dont put em in your sig pic!!

0.1.0 Corn - Kellogs
1.0.0 Hognose - Storm
0.1.0 Staffy - Lyla
1.0.0 Spaffy(staffy x springer)-Spyro
1.0.0 Ferret - Peanut R.I.P
0.1.0 Crestie - Fudge. Wish List - Pygmy hedgehog. Tropiocolotes
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page