New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

tahleeuk
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
49 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2011 :  12:17:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i have just got trevor the royal and after seeing something written on the facebook page im curious. he currently has a heat mat and stat which was already in his viv. there was an unguarded bulb in there that wasnt being used so for safetys sake i have removed the bulb for now. on the facebook page it says its preferable to use a heat lamp for royals. what type of bulb would i need and can i still use the habitat stat with a bulb. also what is the best temp to keep a royal at. i would have posted in theroyalpython forum but im still waiting for approval xxx

gmac
The Scottish Admin

United Kingdom
5319 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2011 :  12:31:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
mats should not be used for royals there is a potential for thermal blocking causing nasty burns to the snake. Heat lamps like infra red, or ceramic are best used for heating royals housing.

The stat for a lighting source should be a dimmer stat, a pulse stat can be used for a ceramic also.

Temps in the hot end around 32-33 degress C.

Edit: when did you register on TRP and have you tried logging into TRP as the members are approved dailly with no email confirmation being sent out.

Edit 2: you are shown on the active members list on TRP so you should have been accepted.

Edited by - gmac on 05/09/2011 12:33:56
Go to Top of Page

tahleeuk
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
49 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2011 :  12:44:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thank you will try logging in now :)

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly