A couple of questions.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ozziesmum
Yearling

United Kingdom
736 Posts

Posted - 22/08/2011 :  21:16:23  Show Profile  Send ozziesmum a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Hi all,

Tuppences daytime run has arrived and I've built it ready for him to spend his days outside but I have a couple of questions please. Firstly it's a 4 foot by 3 foot by 18 inches wooden framed run with mesh weld panels and because I know how horsefields like to dig I also had a detachable panel with mesh weld for the base so that he can still graze but will he hurt his little feet if he tries to dig. Secondly he spent the day outside yesterday (with me sitting outside to keep an eye on him) and he kept going to the borders and biting at stones and picking them up in his mouth. I was worried that he was going to eat them so in the end I brought him down onto the patio so he then decided to chew on the legs of the chairs instead, he was also rubbing the tip of his beak on the slabs, was he trying to wear it down or is his diet lacking in minerals. He's fed dandelions, pansy flowers and leaves, snap dragon flowers and leaves, petunia flowers and leaves cosmos flowers and leaves water cress a couple of herbs and a little bit of romain and frisbee lettuce, he has prorep calcium dust and komodo vegetable diet sprinkled on his food. Should I be giving him anything else.
Many thanks

Jane.

Oscar Black Lab, Saffron, Merlin and Mischief the cats, assorted fish, Rhubarb & Custard the corns, Tuppence the Tortoise, Tripod the Leopard Gecko.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000