Snakes to fit this viv?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

LarkaDawg
Hatchling

442 Posts

Posted - 21/08/2011 :  23:18:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, I recently bought a bigger viv for my corn snake, and the old one is 30" long x 18" x 18" and im looking to buy a snake to live in it as a medium sized adult, i can house it as a hatchling no problem. I was hoping to get a jungle carpet, but am told they will grow too big. Other ideas include dwarf red tail boas or rainbow boas. To be honest i really wanted a big snake but my mom refuses to let my buy a viv over 3foot. I'd like some kind of boa or python, but perhaps a rat snake.. Anything really. Nono's are hognoses and ball pythons, i just dont particularly like them :S Im willing to do extensive research, but there are so many snakes! I dont know where to start and im hoping to narrow down the search.

Thanks in advance, this snake would be a christmas or early christmas present probably from the doncaster show :)

Callazagy
Yearling

United Kingdom
506 Posts

Posted - 22/08/2011 :  00:19:03  Show Profile  Click to see Callazagy's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
It would probably house a fully grown House Snake, Rosy Boa or Sand Boa. Any carpet python would be to big, and so would the rainbow boa and probably even a dwarf boa.

* 2.1 Corn Snakes (Arthas - Normal, Tilion - Anery Lav, Yavanna - Stripe) * 1.1 Cape House Snake (Jenson & Ginetta) * 1.0 Carpet Python (Irian Jaya Jag - Grantly) *
* 1.0 Amazon Tree Boa (Omen) * 1.1.2 Crested Geckos (Brindle, Harley, Noumea & Farino) * 0.0.2 Gargoyle Geckos (Pazuzu & Vesper) *
* 0.0.1 Mexican Red Leg Tarantula (Aragog) * 1.1 Leopard Geckos (Kara & Darwin) * 1.0 Dog (Labrador - Barney) * 1.0 Cat (Casper) *
* 1.0 Western Hognose (Hamilton) * 1.0 Apricot Pueblan Milk Snake (Tweek) * 0.0.2 Common Musk Turtles (Erin & Ira) *
Go to Top of Page

gmac
The Scottish Admin

United Kingdom
5319 Posts

Posted - 22/08/2011 :  01:09:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
it may be suitable for a male crawl cay boa, or possible some of the smaller milk snakes.

Go to Top of Page

LarkaDawg
Hatchling

442 Posts

Posted - 22/08/2011 :  09:05:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the replies! Ive looked at crawl cay boas and they look great! Some other guy on another forum said these snskes would be ok in a 3foot viv, is this true?
Corns
Milks
Kings
Spotted pythons
Stimsons pythons
Childrens pythons
Columbian rainbow boa
Crawl cay boa
Royal python
Hog island boa
Ratsnakes (be careful, some species grow too big for a 3 foot viv)
Garter snakes
Gopher snakes

Edited by - LarkaDawg on 22/08/2011 09:05:54
Go to Top of Page

Laws
Yearling

United Kingdom
935 Posts

Posted - 22/08/2011 :  14:15:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i keep my crawl cay boa whos 2 in the same size viv as that . check them out , they are a bigger snake but arent too chunky and get about 4 foot :)

www.facebook.com/Thehogbox

Go to Top of Page

LarkaDawg
Hatchling

442 Posts

Posted - 28/08/2011 :  09:22:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for all the info guys, ive looked into crawl cays and definately want one :D now i just have to persuade my dad ("you can go to the show, just please dont bring back another snake. I mean it") D:
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000