Responding to my voice
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

garrie
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1148 Posts

Posted - 19/08/2011 :  09:03:47  Show Profile  Visit garrie's Homepage  Reply with Quote
AURYN has started responding to my voice (or more likely the bass in my voice), which is awesome - i went to his Viv last night whilst he was hiding for a spot check, start talking to him (as ya do) and he poked his head out to say hello. He didn't want to come out last night (he is looking pale, but no blue eyes yet) so it looks like he is going to shed again soon. I expect that i may not get to keep this shed however, as i think he is holding in a poop.

^click for more pics^
Garrie - Halesworth, Suffolk. 1.0 AURYN (fire morph corn) 0.1 Puzzle (Cat)

garrie
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1148 Posts

Posted - 19/08/2011 :  09:33:30  Show Profile  Visit garrie's Homepage  Reply with Quote
P.S. i'm fully aware that i'm probably just imagining things and that he was more likely to have just been thinking "what is going on out there"...but still...

^click for more pics^
Garrie - Halesworth, Suffolk. 1.0 AURYN (fire morph corn) 0.1 Puzzle (Cat)
Go to Top of Page

Mamma
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4494 Posts

Posted - 19/08/2011 :  09:43:36  Show Profile  Visit Mamma's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by garrie

P.S. i'm fully aware that i'm probably just imagining things and that he was more likely to have just been thinking "what is going on out there"...but still...

nopes... I know a few people who have had snakes for years who make a certain noise by their viv and the snake always comes out

Please feel free to add my photography page on facebook .... or check me out on deviantart :
https://www.facebook.com/groups/MaliskaRodgersPhotography/
http://maliskarodgers.deviantart.com/
Go to Top of Page

Tallscientist
Egg

United Kingdom
58 Posts

Posted - 19/08/2011 :  10:43:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mine likes to eyeball me from his vivarium while I'm sat at the table eating/on the computer/watching TV (or all three which is often the case!). I find it very disconcerting!
EDIT: in fact, I caught him doing it last night, I had to share the photo:

1.0.0 Rootbeer snake - Domino
0.0.40 Hoya plants

Edited by - Tallscientist on 19/08/2011 10:53:52
Go to Top of Page

Auld Baldy
Ikea's Pimp

United Kingdom
1619 Posts

Posted - 19/08/2011 :  11:53:23  Show Profile  Visit Auld Baldy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I doubt if he can hear what you are saying but it is a known fact that snakes are excellent lip readers. ;0)

1.0.0: Miami Normal: Taggart
0.0.1: Carolina Normal: Wee Woody
0.0.1: Grey Rat Snake: Mirkey
0.0.1: Amel Corn: Blaze
1.0.0: Carpet Python: Vambo
0.0.1: MBK: Fester
0.0.1: Florida King Snake : Rattler (Rattle & Hum)
0.0.1. California King Snake: El Diablo Diego
0.2.0 Tarantulas : Ermintrude & Euphemia.
Go to Top of Page

thistle
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1757 Posts

Posted - 19/08/2011 :  12:35:53  Show Profile  Visit thistle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Barnaby is incredibly nosey, whenever I am near his tank he always sticks his head out of his hide and watches me with great interest.

2.0.0 Dogs (westie Angus, shih tzu Archie)
0.5.0 African Pygmy Hedgehogs (Harriet, Amelia, Matilda, Jemima, Maisie) RIP Hector
0.4.0 Guinea Pigs (Isobel, Effy, Mrs Mack & Sheila)
1.0.0 Lutino C0ckatiel (Sammy)
3.0.0 Corn Snakes - CB10 Amel (Barnaby), CB11 Anery Lavender (Bailey), CB10 Caramel Motley (Bradley)
0.1.0 CB11 Western Hognose Snake (Maggie)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000