New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ReptileTom
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
33 Posts

Posted - 19/08/2011 :  00:55:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok, so it's my 16th birthday on 12th September so I was thinking of going down to see what I could get with my birthday money, but I have a few questions...

1. Can anyone just turn up?
2. How much would it cost me?
3. What types of reptiles can I expect to see there?
4. Is it cheaper than your average pet shop?
5. Is it going to be very busy?

Thanks

Tom...

ThomasLeeCraddock!!!

1.0.0 bearded dragon (Spike)
0.0.1 candy cane corn snake (Slinky)
1.0.0 western hognose (Speck)
1.1.0 cats (Poppy & Dexter)

gmac
The Scottish Admin

United Kingdom
5319 Posts

Posted - 19/08/2011 :  01:33:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
1. Yes
2. Not sure but not expensive
3. Most reptiles
4. Yes
5. Yes Very

Go to Top of Page

Gemsyork
Hatchling

United Kingdom
461 Posts

Posted - 19/08/2011 :  08:57:15  Show Profile  Send Gemsyork a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Just to add a little to what gmac has said

2 Around £7 thats what the June show cost
4 On corns I have found the show to be around £30-50 cheaper than the rep ships depending on low end morphs) Our local rep shop sells plasmas at £169.99 I got mine for £40 last year so savings are bigger on higher end morphs
5 if the June show is any thing to go by then yes, we got there at 1pm and you couldn't move.

If you go I would suggest looking round before you buy any think I made the mistake of spotting 3 snakes on 1 table and I bought them I went round the corner and a table had a breeding group for £25 more than I paid for 3 hatchies.

I would also suggest having an adult with you some of the sellers are great but there is a few that won't sell to under 18s

We should all have name badges so we can identify other members, I only know a few of the members and would be great if could put more faces to names.

Corns, burms, king, KSBS, Rosy boas, Common boa, Leos, hamster, mice and rats
Go to Top of Page

ReptileTom
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
33 Posts

Posted - 20/08/2011 :  00:00:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Also, some animals/stuff I'm after, I just want to know if these will be available.

Western hognose hatchlings, an adult female african fat tailed gecko, some small tubs to keep hatchlings in???

Thanks

ThomasLeeCraddock!!!

1.0.0 bearded dragon (Spike)
0.0.1 candy cane corn snake (Slinky)
1.0.0 western hognose (Speck)
1.1.0 cats (Poppy & Dexter)
Go to Top of Page

Callazagy
Yearling

United Kingdom
506 Posts

Posted - 20/08/2011 :  00:13:15  Show Profile  Click to see Callazagy's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Yep they were all at the June one, plenty of hoggys and fat tails.

* 2.1 Corn Snakes (Arthas - Normal, Tilion - Anery Lav, Yavanna - Stripe) * 1.1 Cape House Snake (Jenson & Ginetta) * 1.0 Carpet Python (Irian Jaya Jag - Grantly) *
* 1.0 Amazon Tree Boa (Omen) * 1.1.2 Crested Geckos (Brindle, Harley, Noumea & Farino) * 0.0.2 Gargoyle Geckos (Pazuzu & Vesper) *
* 0.0.1 Mexican Red Leg Tarantula (Aragog) * 1.1 Leopard Geckos (Kara & Darwin) * 1.0 Dog (Labrador - Barney) * 1.0 Cat (Casper) *
* 1.0 Western Hognose (Hamilton) * 1.0 Apricot Pueblan Milk Snake (Tweek) * 0.0.2 Common Musk Turtles (Erin & Ira) *
Go to Top of Page

Gemsyork
Hatchling

United Kingdom
461 Posts

Posted - 22/08/2011 :  13:06:37  Show Profile  Send Gemsyork a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I have never seen the hatchie tubs for sale, we got ours from the local reptile shop they hold onto them for us once they have fed their stock. There was a websit that sold the flip lid ones really cheap I bought some but then the site went down I will see if I can find it again.

Go to Top of Page

Gemsyork
Hatchling

United Kingdom
461 Posts

Posted - 22/08/2011 :  13:10:05  Show Profile  Send Gemsyork a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
http://www.reptiles.swelluk.com/reptile-supplies/reptile-housing-452/reptile-boxes-576/lucky-reptile-braplast-boxes-13071.html

They are 64p each

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000