Very happy! :D
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Molassive
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
31 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2011 :  08:55:34  Show Profile  Visit Molassive's Homepage  Click to see Molassive's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I've been trying to feed Puff for a couple of days and needless to say I was beginning to worry a little! He's quite a shy little thing. I decided to leave a freshly defrosted fuzzy on some paper towel in his viv overnight and crossed my fingers.

Needless to say, I was overjoyed when I checked this morning and found a missing fuzzy and a nice fat and happy looking Puff. Yay!

This may not warrant a new topic, but I just had to share it with someone :D Looking forward to trying again with the tongs next time! x

0.0.1 Hypo Corn (Puff!)
3.0.0 Cats (Simba, Arthur and Henry)

Simmy_82
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1272 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2011 :  08:56:56  Show Profile  Click to see Simmy_82's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Congrats. I was worried with my first feed too. Managed it in a separte RUB tho (once she'd found it).

0.1.0 - Cat - Tallulah
0.0.1 - Carolina Corn Snake - Lilith
Go to Top of Page

Molassive
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
31 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2011 :  09:02:46  Show Profile  Visit Molassive's Homepage  Click to see Molassive's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Ohh yes! I forgot to mention I have a separate RUB for feeding. I wasn't having much luck with it but now that he's eaten something I can persist with it! x

0.0.1 Hypo Corn (Puff!)
3.0.0 Cats (Simba, Arthur and Henry)

Go to Top of Page

Simmy_82
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1272 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2011 :  09:08:23  Show Profile  Click to see Simmy_82's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Mine spent about 5mins trying to escape the RUB before she stumbled across the pinkie, then she was transfixed...

0.1.0 - Cat - Tallulah
0.0.1 - Carolina Corn Snake - Lilith
Go to Top of Page

kdlang
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3556 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2011 :  09:11:32  Show Profile  Click to see kdlang's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Congratulations. What a relief for you. Sometimes it is definitely worth letting them eat in peace a few times before trying anything else. It's so exciting to watch them but sometimes even the slightest movement can put them off.

4.1.0 corns - Izzy (Carolina) Alice (Amel) Peanut (Butter Motley) Swayze (Ghost) Carmellia (Butter Motley)
0.1.0 cat - Kizzy
1.0.0 Dog - Dobbie
Location - Chesterfield, Derbyshire

www.support-dogs.org.uk
Go to Top of Page

Mamma
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4494 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2011 :  09:14:34  Show Profile  Visit Mamma's Homepage  Reply with Quote
That is great news!

Please feel free to add my photography page on facebook .... or check me out on deviantart :
https://www.facebook.com/groups/MaliskaRodgersPhotography/
http://maliskarodgers.deviantart.com/
Go to Top of Page

Mort13
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5599 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2011 :  09:49:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Aww bless. I think having your snake feed for the first time is worth a new topic myself!!

3.1.0 Corn snakes, 1.0.0 T-Albino Cape House Snake, 0.1.0 Western Hognose,
1.0.0 MBK, 0.1.0 Childrens Python, 1.0.0 Nicaraguan Dwarf Boas
0.0.1 Occelated Skink, 1.0.0 Leopard Gecko, 1.0.3 Tarantulas, 0.0.2 Damon diadema
1.0.0 C0ckatiel,

Go to Top of Page

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2011 :  13:21:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
pleased he fed ok

2.0 Normal Royal Pythons - Q and Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun Mountain Kingsnake - Simba

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic