feed day and one proud mum!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Mamma
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4494 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2011 :  10:51:51  Show Profile  Visit Mamma's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Today was feed day for all the snakes. First of all Im pleased as all snakes fed this week! Merlin is my problem feeder (he only feeds once a month usually) but this is the 2nd week in a row he has taken his feed!

I decided to try feeding Jupiter too... as he was due a feed yesterday (according to his last owner) at 1st it wasnt looking good and I was worried...the last owner said she got him as a none feeder but managed to get him to feed etc. But once I realised he wasnt playing the game I covered the feeding rub up with a blanket and left him to it. And he took the feed

Finally...I just wanted to say that Im a very proud mum today... my 9 year old daughther fed her 1st 2 snakes! (Romeo and Mim) She didnt even batt an eyelid when they strike fed! And she said to me "Amazing mum!" Shes totally wired up with excitement and adrenaline and cannot wait till next feed day! prooooooud!!

Please feel free to add my photography page on facebook .... or check me out on deviantart :
https://www.facebook.com/groups/MaliskaRodgersPhotography/
http://maliskarodgers.deviantart.com/

tarotpodge
Hatchling

433 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2011 :  11:06:39  Show Profile  Click to see tarotpodge's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
That is good they all fed wiv no problems. and well done to your daughter. Bet she feels proud of herself.

2.0.3 Corns, Creamsicle(Phoenix), Ghost motley(Savanna), 2x carolina(Indiana+Severus), Amel stripe (Frazzle).
0.3.0 Dogs, Shar pei cross, Staff and Dalmation 0.3.0 Cats 2.0.0 Chinchillas 7.11.23 Tropical fish 1.0.0 Iguana
Go to Top of Page

Mamma
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4494 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2011 :  11:09:57  Show Profile  Visit Mamma's Homepage  Reply with Quote
shes totally hyped up Thank you xx

Please feel free to add my photography page on facebook .... or check me out on deviantart :
Go to Top of Page

Simmy_82
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1272 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2011 :  11:11:09  Show Profile  Click to see Simmy_82's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I felt awesome when i fed mine for the first time on Saturday. So can only imagine she feels the same!

And good news on ALL feeding!!

0.1.0 - Cat - Tallulah
0.0.1 - Carolina Corn Snake - Lilith
Go to Top of Page

Mort13
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5599 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2011 :  11:20:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Whoop!! Well done getting all the snakeys to eat. Hopefully Merlins turning a corner for you now.
Heh,heh its great when the kids want to feed them isn't it. My son and daughter fed a snake each on Sat night and my boyfriend had his first ever go at feeding a snake too.
Sounds like you've got a young herper on the cards there.

3.1.0 Corn snakes, 1.0.0 T-Albino Cape House Snake, 0.1.0 Western Hognose,
1.0.0 MBK, 0.1.0 Childrens Python, 1.0.0 Nicaraguan Dwarf Boas
0.0.1 Occelated Skink, 1.0.0 Leopard Gecko, 1.0.3 Tarantulas, 0.0.2 Damon diadema
1.0.0 C0ckatiel,

Go to Top of Page

thistle
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1757 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2011 :  12:30:38  Show Profile  Visit thistle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Excellent!

Well done to your daughter, she did better than me, I still can't help flinching when Barnaby strikes at his dinner.

2.0.0 Dogs (westie Angus, shih tzu Archie)
0.5.0 African Pygmy Hedgehogs (Harriet, Amelia, Matilda, Jemima, Maisie) RIP Hector
0.4.0 Guinea Pigs (Isobel, Effy, Mrs Mack & Sheila)
1.0.0 Lutino C0ckatiel (Sammy)
3.0.0 Corn Snakes - CB10 Amel (Barnaby), CB11 Anery Lavender (Bailey), CB10 Caramel Motley (Bradley)
0.1.0 CB11 Western Hognose Snake (Maggie)
Go to Top of Page

kdlang
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3556 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2011 :  13:07:19  Show Profile  Click to see kdlang's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Great news that everyone enjoyed dinner time. Well done to your daughter for being so calm

4.1.0 corns - Izzy (Carolina) Alice (Amel) Peanut (Butter Motley) Swayze (Ghost) Carmellia (Butter Motley)
0.1.0 cat - Kizzy
1.0.0 Dog - Dobbie
Location - Chesterfield, Derbyshire

www.support-dogs.org.uk
Go to Top of Page

scottishbluebird
it is all my fault

United Kingdom
8403 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2011 :  15:17:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hope Merlin keeps this going, and no wonder you are proud of your daughter!

0.1.0 Corn - Kellogs
1.0.0 Hognose - Storm
0.1.0 Staffy - Lyla
1.0.0 Spaffy(staffy x springer)-Spyro
1.0.0 Ferret - Peanut R.I.P
0.1.0 Crestie - Fudge. Wish List - Pygmy hedgehog. Tropiocolotes
Go to Top of Page

gmac
The Scottish Admin

United Kingdom
5319 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2011 :  18:07:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
congrats mamma, and nice one on Jupiter feeding.

Go to Top of Page

tordyjo
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2036 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2011 :  18:29:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
what a fab day for you, well done to your daughter for feeding her first snakies, and well done to the non feeder for taking his feed

LillyCrystalHarry
1.2.0 corns, 1.1.0 cats tropical guppies who continually breed

Go to Top of Page

Mamma
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4494 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2011 :  19:14:33  Show Profile  Visit Mamma's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks guys xxxxxxxx

Go to Top of Page

Yearling

950 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2011 :  20:08:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's great!

1.0.0 Carolina Motley Cornsnake - Vin, 0.1.0 Brazilian Rainbow Boa - Rio, 0.1.0 IJJ Carpet Python - Luna, 0.1.0 Dwarf Sunfire Reticulated Python - Helia, 1.0.0 Royal Python - Jasper, 0.1.0 Spaniel - Jess; RIP Gypsy - a beautiful girl through and through, 0.1.0 Rabbit - Binky, RIP Indy, Jan 2010 - Aug 2011, and Ace, Jan 2009 - Aug 2011
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000