New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Kittypuss85
Hatchling

United Kingdom
128 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2011 :  13:02:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've never been to a reptile exhibition yet and was seriously thinking of going next week.
Could anyone tell me what to expect? Is it suitable for young children or too busy and crowded? What is on show / for sale? (not that I'm allowed to buy anything, but will work on my OH when we're there :-) ) do they allow you to hold the reptiles?

Thanks in advance
:-)
Kitty

mikerichards
don't say the 'M' word!

United Kingdom
2901 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2011 :  06:40:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Last year it was phenominally busy, it was way too small for what they planned, but then the problem was maidenhead/maidstone (whichever it is) was cancelled so everyone descended on Kempton.
I beleive this year that its gonna be on 2 floors instead of one, which should make it a lot easier, Lots of nice animals there, and if you are prepared to wait, you can pick up some bargains at the end of the day, just dont buy anything from the Cafe upstairs, wipes out any saving you made on snakes!!!!!

Go to Top of Page

oakleyman18
Yearling

828 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2011 :  10:26:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Haha thanks mike, will bear that in mind! What sort of variety of animals will there be? I'm thinking of getting my OH a baba beardie, think there will be lots there? Do people show the different morphs as well, ie, sandfire or something? What time does it open?

Oscar Morrell
0.1.0. Tessera het Caramel Diffused Hypo ph Amel Anery CB'12 "Cassi", 0.1.0. Diffused Powder CB'12 "Ruby"
0.1.0. Normal Stripe, het Hypo, Amel, Lavender CB'11 "Amber", 1.0.0. Lavender Stripe het Diffused Anery Amel Hypo CB'11 "Pluto"
1.0.0. Hypo Opal Ph Stripe CB'12 "Hops", 1.0.0. Caramel Stripe het Amel CB'08 "Jasper", 1.0.0. Opal Stripe het Anery CB'09 "Topaz"
0.1.0. Amel Stripe het Caramel CB'09 "Poppy", 0.1.0. Tessera het Amel Lavender Stripe ph Diffused Hypo Anery CB'12 "Amethyst"
Go to Top of Page

mikerichards
don't say the 'M' word!

United Kingdom
2901 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2011 :  23:08:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by oakleyman18

Haha thanks mike, will bear that in mind! What sort of variety of animals will there be? I'm thinking of getting my OH a baba beardie, think there will be lots there? Do people show the different morphs as well, ie, sandfire or something? What time does it open?

Theres lots of things there, but it does vary each year, depending on what people have available, you can expect a huge amount of corns, kings, hognoses, Boas and most likely Retics too. There will be the odd rarer snake there, maybe some really nice BCC's or some nice pythons.
Last year there were plenty of beardies, leos, cresties are the next big thing so expect lots of them. there is a lot of equipment also, and god knows what else.
You'll just have to cross your fingers and wait and see....

Opened at 10am last year, and the queue was equally as phenominal as the amount of people in the hall, took us 2 hours of queueing to get in.

Go to Top of Page

oakleyman18
Yearling

828 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2011 :  09:34:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow, although I hear it's two floors this year, so hopefully that should help! I'll probably get there just before 10 then and hope for the best!

Oscar Morrell
0.1.0. Tessera het Caramel Diffused Hypo ph Amel Anery CB'12 "Cassi", 0.1.0. Diffused Powder CB'12 "Ruby"
0.1.0. Normal Stripe, het Hypo, Amel, Lavender CB'11 "Amber", 1.0.0. Lavender Stripe het Diffused Anery Amel Hypo CB'11 "Pluto"
1.0.0. Hypo Opal Ph Stripe CB'12 "Hops", 1.0.0. Caramel Stripe het Amel CB'08 "Jasper", 1.0.0. Opal Stripe het Anery CB'09 "Topaz"
0.1.0. Amel Stripe het Caramel CB'09 "Poppy", 0.1.0. Tessera het Amel Lavender Stripe ph Diffused Hypo Anery CB'12 "Amethyst"
Go to Top of Page

Mort13
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5599 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2011 :  11:33:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I went to the CREAKS show at Kidderminster,it was only a small show but there was plenty of beardies there and loads of different morphs. I'm sure you'll be spoilt for choice at this larger show.

3.1.0 Corn snakes, 1.0.0 T-Albino Cape House Snake, 0.1.0 Western Hognose,
1.0.0 MBK, 0.1.0 Childrens Python, 1.0.0 Nicaraguan Dwarf Boas
0.0.1 Occelated Skink, 1.0.0 Leopard Gecko, 1.0.3 Tarantulas, 0.0.2 Damon diadema
1.0.0 C0ckatiel,

Go to Top of Page

Jayde
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
40 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2011 :  21:20:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bit of a silly question, but as I've never been to a show before I really don't know what to expect.
So If you buy livestock while your there, do they give you something appropriate to transport them back in? And do they hold them for you while you continue to work your way around the show? (I would assume yes, but don't want to go unprepared!!)
And generally how do the prices fair?
Go to Top of Page

mikerichards
don't say the 'M' word!

United Kingdom
2901 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2011 :  00:47:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yes they will give you the animal in the tub its being sold in, it does for the day.
They will hold an animal for you too until you want to take it!
Generally the prices are very good, some better than others, although the best deals are done at the end of the day when people want the stock gone, although, most of the better animals have alreayd been sold.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000