New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Bethm01
Egg

United Kingdom
83 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2011 :  13:29:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Are there any breeding requirements for male corn snakes? I know about the female snake 3 rule.

Simmy_82
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1272 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2011 :  13:33:39  Show Profile  Click to see Simmy_82's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Why are you desperate to breed them? Surely you should keep one as a pet for a number of years before you should even think about breeding them?

0.1.0 - Cat - Tallulah
0.0.1 - Carolina Corn Snake - Lilith
Go to Top of Page

Bethm01
Egg

United Kingdom
83 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2011 :  13:36:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was just wondering in case I do ever breed them...
Go to Top of Page

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2011 :  21:27:15  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
i use males from 2 years old. If they are substantially smaller than the female then he may not be man enough yet and always keep them supervised while together.

Forum - Guide to Cornsnake Morphs - Punnett Square Calculator - Breeder Directory
Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2011 :  21:47:21  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
we bred from our 2 year old male this season but we usually use older males just he fitted well genetically with the female
i've know people with proven male yearlings though there are health risks such as being eaten, bullied or prolapsed hemipenes

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2011 :  22:02:03  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by gingerpony

i've know people with proven male yearlings though there are health risks such as being eaten, bullied or prolapsed hemipenes

....and them still being Jaffa's :)

Forum - Guide to Cornsnake Morphs - Punnett Square Calculator - Breeder Directory
Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2011 :  22:11:35  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by eeji

quote:
Originally posted by gingerpony

....and them still being Jaffa's :)

lol especially ORANGE morphs??!

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2011 :  00:02:31  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
lol, thats terrible!

Go to Top of Page

mikerichards
don't say the 'M' word!

United Kingdom
2901 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2011 :  00:02:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Whilst its generally possible to breed from a year old male, unless hes grown really really fast, then its highly doubful he will be big enough. 18 months is usually the earliest you want to start, and even then they might not have enough rounds in the magazine to be fully effective.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000