Microclimate or Habistat
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Diesel1994
Hatchling

United Kingdom
338 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2011 :  16:21:12  Show Profile  Visit Diesel1994's Homepage  Click to see Diesel1994's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I know its been done before, but what do you prefer, i use Habistats as i stopped stocking Microclimate, It would be interesting to hear your opinions, and also i am thinking of testing in a controlled environment the effectiveness of both brands, would anone be interested in this
cheers
Diesel

Owner of Renza Exotics - www.renzapets.co.uk
For all your Exotic & Domestic pet needs

gmac
The Scottish Admin

United Kingdom
5319 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2011 :  16:23:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i use both and both are fine for me.

Go to Top of Page

Mamma
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4494 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2011 :  16:29:10  Show Profile  Visit Mamma's Homepage  Reply with Quote
i use both too

Please feel free to add my photography page on facebook .... or check me out on deviantart :
https://www.facebook.com/groups/MaliskaRodgersPhotography/
http://maliskarodgers.deviantart.com/
Go to Top of Page

Diesel1994
Hatchling

United Kingdom
338 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2011 :  16:30:34  Show Profile  Visit Diesel1994's Homepage  Click to see Diesel1994's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
any preference on accuracy etc

Owner of Renza Exotics - www.renzapets.co.uk
For all your Exotic & Domestic pet needs
Go to Top of Page

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2011 :  18:19:56  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
microclimate pulse stats for me

Forum - Guide to Cornsnake Morphs - Punnett Square Calculator - Breeder Directory
Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2011 :  18:36:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I use habistat dimmers and cant fault them on any counts, they hold perfect (I do mean perfect) temperatures. I have a few Habistat mat stats too and agin once things warm up etc they hold a very steady temperature. I'm one of those people that stick to what they know works well so haven't used microclimate stuff but i dont see there been much of a difference. I did notice the microclimate stuff has white wires though, not so easy to hide.

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Harlequin Crested Gecko HARLEY
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Giant Asian Forest Scorpion, SALLY.
Giant African Land Snails, SHELDON & MICHELLE.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://www.youtube.com/user/alocheeky
Go to Top of Page

Mort13
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5599 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2011 :  18:44:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm a habistat matstat person,purely for the same reason as lotabob. I tried them first,and I'm happy with them so I've stuck with them.

3.1.0 Corn snakes, 1.0.0 T-Albino Cape House Snake, 0.1.0 Western Hognose,
1.0.0 MBK, 0.1.0 Childrens Python, 1.0.0 Nicaraguan Dwarf Boas
0.0.1 Occelated Skink, 1.0.0 Leopard Gecko, 1.0.3 Tarantulas, 0.0.2 Damon diadema
1.0.0 C0ckatiel,

Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2011 :  19:13:26  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Habistat mats with pluse stats. I only used them so I'm happy :D although sometimes I do wish I got a microclimate stat because I keep knocking my nobs!

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page

a33272
our battery charger

United Kingdom
3063 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2011 :  19:20:52  Show Profile  Visit a33272's Homepage  Send a33272 an AOL message  Click to see a33272's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
habistat pulse prop an dimmer day/night. did try a microclimate B1ME but found the magic eye bitpoopan inconsistant.

0.1.0 creamsicle corn-Marmalade
1.0.0 jungle carpet python-Bumble
1.0.0 corn Casper

Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2011 :  20:29:31  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I've still got my 'lucky wizard' stat that I used to use. That thing kept a temp usually within about 1 degree. Took about 4 weeks to setup though, but still the best I've ever used for an on/off stat.

However, I use microclimates and habistats, I personally find I can get about 4 degree variance on one of my microclimates, but it cost me about 7 quid so I don't really mind.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

tarotpodge
Hatchling

433 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2011 :  22:01:42  Show Profile  Click to see tarotpodge's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
i use habistat. one is a on/off and 2 are pulse. Only use these as when i bought them, it was a brand that i recognised. Obviously there is a variant wiv the temp in on/off by a few degrees. But i also have the same problem as Sta~ple, i keep knocking my knobs on Indianas pulse stat. Then have to fiddle for the rest of the day 2 get the temps right again.

2.0.3 Corns, Creamsicle(Phoenix), Ghost motley(Savanna), 2x carolina(Indiana+Severus), Amel stripe (Frazzle).
0.3.0 Dogs, Shar pei cross, Staff and Dalmation 0.3.0 Cats 2.0.0 Chinchillas 7.11.23 Tropical fish 1.0.0 Iguana
Go to Top of Page

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2011 :  23:38:13  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
i used to have a habistat mat stat (until it broke) and pulled the knob off so it wouldn't get accidentally turned

Forum - Guide to Cornsnake Morphs - Punnett Square Calculator - Breeder Directory
Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2011 :  08:38:33  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
we use a mixture of brands, my only preference is pulses over dimmers, and either of those over on/off stats

with having small children in theory my preference would be microclimate due to habistat knobs being too easy for little hands to turn

my pet hates are twin stats and temp stats - both made by habistat!

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

Vixyg
Hatchling

United Kingdom
259 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2011 :  09:33:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I chose microclimate for the lack of knobs to be fiddled with by the little people. I get about a 3 degree variation with the temps but always stays between 27 - 30

0.1.0 miami corn (Chilli)
1.0.0 snow corn (Charlie)
1.0.0 cat (Sprout)
1.0.0 fiance (Matt)
1.0.0 Offspring (Jordan)
Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2011 :  11:03:29  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Vixyg

I get about a 3 degree variation with the temps but always stays between 27 - 30

is that down to it being an on/off type stat though?

Go to Top of Page

Vixyg
Hatchling

United Kingdom
259 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2011 :  14:41:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yes gp they are on off stats, sorry i should of said that.

0.1.0 miami corn (Chilli)
1.0.0 snow corn (Charlie)
1.0.0 cat (Sprout)
1.0.0 fiance (Matt)
1.0.0 Offspring (Jordan)
Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2011 :  21:54:53  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
i think that's about normal for a lot of on/offs...........best on/off i had was an Aqualine one, fantastic at maintaining a very accurate temp in the viv but the probe is slightly bulkier than habistat/m.climate ones

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000