New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Spreebok
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1135 Posts

Posted - 21/07/2011 :  00:05:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So, three people have mistaken Rimmer for an Okeetee, which has me curious. As far as I know, he's carolina, but looking at some of the pictures on Ians Vivarium, he does look like he has some Okeetee traits, even if just a tiny bit!
So anyway, any thoughts? I'm not expecting him to be anything other than Carolina, but if he is anything else, I'll be all like whoo \o/

He's about 7 - 8 months and 37g (he is tiiiny!)

Belly is a stark white and black, which goes into orange with the checkers.

You can see the orange half of his belly up around my hand

With Flash

Without
His neck backwards

Day he Shed

His side

Head and neck

Heads and neck 2

Whole Body

Tail

More saddles

Head minus nose

Hope thats good for you all! I wont be dissapointed if he is just a carolina, I just think 3 separate people thinking he's Okeetee is a bit interesting x3
Need anymore pics, do say!

Katie.Dublin
Sub Adult

Ireland
1560 Posts

Posted - 21/07/2011 :  00:29:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
At first glance i would have said Carolina too but i do see what you mean reg the Okeetee traits. Im Sure somebody will give you a proper answer shortly!

0.1 normal (Miami) - Hugo
0.1 hypo Motley - Spunky
0.1 MBK - Tequila. RIP
Horses, bearded dragons, a red tailed boa constrictor, a tortoise, a cat and a dog
Go to Top of Page

Spreebok
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1135 Posts

Posted - 21/07/2011 :  01:01:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Katie.Dublin

At first glance i would have said Carolina too but i do see what you mean reg the Okeetee traits. Im Sure somebody will give you a proper answer shortly!

He's just a mash up probably haha x3
Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 21/07/2011 :  12:14:39  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
i'd expect a true okeetee to have more black/thicker banding round the saddles but he's definitely okeetee-ish

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

Spreebok
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1135 Posts

Posted - 21/07/2011 :  12:48:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by gingerpony

i'd expect a true okeetee to have more black/thicker banding round the saddles but he's definitely okeetee-ish

The banding is certainly getting better with each shed, so fingers crossed he'll continue that way! Okeetee is my second favourite morph! (Abbotts Okeetee being first, my friend is getting a breeding pair soon, mwahahaha)
Go to Top of Page

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 23/07/2011 :  19:27:36  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
the thing with okeetee is that it isn't a morph, 'just' a nice looking normal (also not a morph) so all down to natural variations and how different people interpret those variations.

There are the 'locality purists' that will say an okeetee is only an okeetee if it is from a certain area (Okeetee Hunt Club, SC) or descended from stock originating in that area, but most will say anything resembling the characteristic bright red and orange with thick black borders to be one.

Forum - Guide to Cornsnake Morphs - Punnett Square Calculator - Breeder Directory
Go to Top of Page

Spreebok
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1135 Posts

Posted - 23/07/2011 :  21:26:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by eeji

the thing with okeetee is that it isn't a morph, 'just' a nice looking normal (also not a morph) so all down to natural variations and how different people interpret those variations.

There are the 'locality purists' that will say an okeetee is only an okeetee if it is from a certain area (Okeetee Hunt Club, SC) or descended from stock originating in that area, but most will say anything resembling the characteristic bright red and orange with thick black borders to be one.

So, you reckon he's just a nice looking normal then? :)
Go to Top of Page

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 24/07/2011 :  00:32:25  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
a very very very nice normal! He's so clean looking I'd be really tempted to test breed him with a hypo just out of curiosity :)

Forum - Guide to Cornsnake Morphs - Punnett Square Calculator - Breeder Directory
Go to Top of Page

Spreebok
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1135 Posts

Posted - 24/07/2011 :  02:05:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

a very very very nice normal! He's so clean looking I'd be really tempted to test breed him with a hypo just out of curiosity :)

Thankyou! I chose him because he was sorta different from the more browny coloured normals they had in at the time!
And a hypo eh? What would that be to potentially prove? :) (I'm terrible at genetics, my knowledge goes as far as anery and amel = snow haha!)
Go to Top of Page

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 24/07/2011 :  17:05:43  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
just to see if the brightness is down to hypo being there

Go to Top of Page

Spreebok
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1135 Posts

Posted - 24/07/2011 :  17:25:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

just to see if the brightness is down to hypo being there

Ah, I gotcha! Well, in 2 years and a bit then, I'll be bugging my friend, she's bound to have a lady hypo in the collection somewhere! Thankyou for the reply Eeji :)
Go to Top of Page

dejvid
Snake Mite

Slovenia
36 Posts

Posted - 26/07/2011 :  21:56:11  Show Profile  Visit dejvid's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Anyway, he is wery beutiful!

Stop the World, I Want to Get Off
Go to Top of Page

Spreebok
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1135 Posts

Posted - 26/07/2011 :  22:11:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dejvid

Anyway, he is wery beutiful!

Thankyou!